#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,908 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

BSL: https://www.baltimor...inside-numbers/

Comparing Lamar Jackson's numbers to other MVP candidates. Is there an accurate way to account for what he's doing out there? 

• BSLChrisStoner, BSLSeanJester and BSLGabeFerguson like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:58 PM

Good article.

Wilson is the front-runner for the MVP, but the only thing I can say Lamar has over him is that Lamar IS the offense in Baltimore...not only is he the QB but he is also the leading rusher on the team. Seattle has the #7 rushing offense so there is not as much demand on Wilson as there is on Lamar to put the offense on his shoulders.

But Wilson definitely deserves it.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,124 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

Numbers don’t tell the whole story as to why Lamar is a legit mvp candidate.

Wilson is the MVP right now but Lamar is definitely in the discussion.
@BSLRobShields

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

If I had a vote it would go to Deshaun Watson by a hair over Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson.  But it is tough.  I mean Wilson's 22-1 TD-int ratio plus 3 more rushing, and 68% comp pct. is tough to overlook.  Watson has an 18-5 TD-int ratio with 5 more on the ground and a 70% comp pct.  Jackson is 12-5 TD-int with a 64% comp pct. and another 5 rushing TDs.  But Jackson also leads his team in rushing as well.  That's kind of unheard of.  I don't know.  Tough to say.  I think it's fair to say that if either of these three teams lose their QB for the rest of the season, their season is over.   

#5 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:13 PM

Wilson is the frontrunner, but there's no doubt Lamar accounts for more of his team's offense. He basically is the offense. Watson's also very impressive with that he's doing behind a questionable, albeit improved, offensive line. But it's Wilson's to lose, imo.

@Bmore_Irish

#6 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 566 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:59 PM

The MVP talk is getting real now. He's dominating the league like no other player.

#7 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:45 PM

I admit I was skeptical as hell about his ability to throw, but I am sold. And perhaps even better is that he seems to be a great kid! I also saw this picture which I thought was kind of funny.

Attached Files

#8 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 566 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

Another perfect qb rating for Lamar. I don't know how much more he has to do to prove he can throw the ball. His numbers say that if he never ran the ball he'd still be a good qb.

#9 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,124 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:33 PM

Second player in NFL history to have perfect passer rating in multiple games in one season. Big Ben was the other one.
@BSLRobShields

#10 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:02 PM

Lamar has the next three weeks to really stake his claim for MVP, especially with the Rams game being Monday night. Depending on what Wilson does tomorrow night, this could be a changing tide.

@Bmore_Irish

#11 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 566 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:02 AM

Jackson is the sixth NFL player to have multiple career games with a perfect passer rating and the second to do it twice in one season, joining Ben Roethlisberger (2007). His 47-yard TD run was the longest by a quarterback since Cam Newton's 62-yard TD run on Dec. 10, 2017.

Also, Jackson joined Aaron Rodgers and Joe Montana as the only players with three TD passes, a TD run and a perfect passer rating with at least 15 completions in the Super Bowl era.

https://www.espn.com...ameId=401127934

#12 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:37 AM

Personally I don't even give a damn about MVP. I just want him to keep doing what he's doing.

#13 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:44 AM

So Jackson has 2 of the top 10 best ESPN QB ratings of all time, and look who else is in there:

https://twitter.com/...677993278889984

Steve McNair vs NOLA in 2006 and Joe Flacco vs. TB in 2014.

All the performances were on the road too.

There's 4 Ravens QB performances in the top ten best QB games ever. Insane.

• Chris B likes this

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#14 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:45 AM

Personally I don't even give a damn about MVP. I just want him to keep doing what he's doing.

Lamar Jackson on MVP talk:  "It's pretty cool... but that's not on my mind, a Super Bowl is on my mind.. if the MVP comes, it comes, but that's not my goal."  Love that mentality!

• BSLMikeRandall and bmore_ken like this

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Lamar Jackson on MVP talk: "It's pretty cool... but that's not on my mind, a Super Bowl is on my mind.. if the MVP comes, it comes, but that's not my goal." Love that mentality!

Sanders: "What could you have done to get out of that room quicker, to get drafted earlier, in your career, what could you have done differently?"

Jackson: "Nothing. It don't even matter. I'm happy to be a Raven."

Sanders: "Yesterday doesn't matter. Just looking forward to today..."

Jackson: "Looking forward to being a Raven.

Sanders: "What are they getting?"

Jackson: "Everything. They're getting everything out of me. They're getting a superbowl out of me. Believe that. Believe that."

The fire and conviction that he gave with those responses told me everything you needed to know about this kid. He has a chip on his shoulder, and he won't be happy until everybody who doubted him has to admit he is one of the best to do it. With his work ethic and attitude, it's hard to believe he won't get there.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#16 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:17 PM

Sanders: "What could you have done to get out of that room quicker, to get drafted earlier, in your career, what could you have done differently?"

Jackson: "Nothing. It don't even matter. I'm happy to be a Raven."

Sanders: "Yesterday doesn't matter. Just looking forward to today..."

Jackson: "Looking forward to being a Raven.

Sanders: "What are they getting?"

Jackson: "Everything. They're getting everything out of me. They're getting a superbowl out of me. Believe that. Believe that."

The fire and conviction that he gave with those responses told me everything you needed to know about this kid. He has a chip on his shoulder, and he won't be happy until everybody who doubted him has to admit he is one of the best to do it. With his work ethic and attitude, it's hard to believe he won't get there.

Harbs knows:  https://www.baltimor...ackson-in-cincy

#17 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:52 PM

Congrats to Ravens fans.  Aside from being electric to watch to seems to be a top-notch individual.  Hope he stays healthy, his potential seems limitless at this point.

#18 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

I know this is literally only for like 3 people here but:

Lamar Jackson is to the Ravens what Kendall Marshall was to the 2011/2012 Tar Heels.

He makes everything -work- to such an extent that he's possibly the most valuable person on any team.

#19 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,124 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

I know this is literally only for like 3 people here but:

Lamar Jackson is to the Ravens what Kendall Marshall was to the 2011/2012 Tar Heels.

He makes everything -work- to such an extent that he's possibly the most valuable person on any team.

Lol...you could have chosen so many athletes for this and you pick that guy? :)
@BSLRobShields

#20 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,908 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:30 PM

Through their first 16 starts, Jackson has more wins than Mahomes. More Rushing Yards than LaDainian Tomlinson, better passer rating than Brady, higher Y/A than Rodgers, better completion% than Brees (though that one almost feels like a generation ago at this point).

75402166_3207974182554735_91023183578472

• BSLJordanKough likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners