• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EvenSteven

EvenSteven
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley, Califoirnia

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:24 AM

The Ravens were only called for four penalties and none of them brought a drive to sudden end,

However the Patriots had more and two of them led to extending drives that led to a score.

Now that's disciplined football even if to a coach 4 is 4 too many but I'll take it especially when an offside lineup negates a 40 yd run.

A bit of ESP hit me when in the first drive Lamar and Brown hooked up for a 5 yd gain on a 3rd and 5. Right then I had a for sure feeling the Ravens could win the game.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

There is a Baseball Heaven

And I've got a seat in Section 34

#2 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:21 PM

The refs let both teams play, and the game was better for it.  On the 4th down pass to Willie Snead, the Ravens ran a pick play and Seth Roberts was overacting so bad, putting his hands up trying to show no contact, I thought the refs might call it.  That would have really pissed me off since the Pats run those pick plays ALL THE TIME to free up Edelman, but they don't make it so obvious.

#3 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

The refs let both teams play, and the game was better for it.  On the 4th down pass to Willie Snead, the Ravens ran a pick play and Seth Roberts was overacting so bad, putting his hands up trying to show no contact, I thought the refs might call it.  That would have really pissed me off since the Pats run those pick plays ALL THE TIME to free up Edelman, but they don't make it so obvious.

NE ran a pick play for their 1st TD. It was shown several times at the game.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:25 PM

NE ran a pick play for their 1st TD. It was shown several times at the game.

Yes they did and the pick was shown at least 4 times on the screen.  It was blatant, and should have been called, but I would not be surprised if the league called the Ravens and told them not to advertise their lousy refereeing on the big screen.

• Steve55 likes this
@mikeghg

#5 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:28 AM

Yes they did and the pick was shown at least 4 times on the screen.  It was blatant, and should have been called, but I would not be surprised if the league called the Ravens and told them not to advertise their lousy refereeing on the big screen.

Every team does it. It's a home field advantage. Was there for the Mike Tomlin trying to trip Jacoby Jones game. They showed that back and forth like 40 times. 

When I went to the Ravens/Packers game at Lambeau, any close play the Packers could challenge, the replay was on the big screen immediately, zoomed in where it needed to be, freeze framed if necessary. If the Ravens had a close play worth a challenge, cut to fans in the stands. Might as well been the kiss cam going on. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners