Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,936 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:18 PM

Just so we're all clear....

Skeptical = 

https://www.baltimor...ughts/?p=839223

And for Rob, who thinks he said it will be a close game...and wants an APA citation for every comment made here.

https://www.baltimor...ughts/?p=839228

I know Rob, you post like 587 times a day, so it's possible you get your stories mixed up. Or post things like this, and later post "it'll be close" so you cover all your bases and are never wrong. Pretty sure I LOL'd when you said something like "If Lamar doesn't improve his passing he won't have a good year. I could also see him being league MVP." 

This is not criticizing the optimistic?

https://www.baltimor...ughts/?p=839246

And I can't find the "you fanboys are cult like" comment. Maybe it was deleted. Maybe buried in a thread I can't find. But that's not a criticism either? (I still don't think I fall in that category. Have been super critical of the team when they aren't playing well. but whatever). 

Look. Everyone can fan how they want. But everything is in writing (unless you edit after the fact). If you're like "this team sucks" after a win, after multiple wins, thats just an opinion I'm going to disagree with. Thats not telling you how to fan. I understand it likely came off that way in my postgame rant a week ago. My bad there.

• ravens82 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#22 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

I think I need more than seven games to classify the team as elite. A couple of those seven were definitely less than elite.

• BSLGabeFerguson, cprenegade, mdrunning and 1 other like this

#23 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,079 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

Skeptical =

And for Rob, who thinks he said it will be a close game...and wants an APA citation for every comment made here.
I know Rob, you post like 587 times a day, so it's possible you get your stories mixed up. Or post things like this, and later post "it'll be close" so you cover all your bases and are never wrong. Pretty sure I LOL'd when you said something like "If Lamar doesn't improve his passing he won't have a good year. I could also see him being league MVP."

And I can't find the "you fanboys are cult like" comment. Maybe it was deleted. Maybe buried in a thread I can't find. But that's not a criticism either? (I still don't think I fall in that category. Have been super critical of the team when they aren't playing well. but whatever).

Look. Everyone can fan how they want. But everything is in writing (unless you edit after the fact). If you're like "this team sucks" after a win, after multiple wins, thats just an opinion I'm going to disagree with. Thats not telling you how to fan. I understand it likely came off that way in my postgame rant a week ago. My bad there.

What you see there, is me venting, then you calling me a MFer for doing so, that's when it went off the rails. But whatever, I'm not going to convince you anything, it's all good, not worth it. We're all Ravens fans.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#24 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:38 PM

Skeptical =

And for Rob, who thinks he said it will be a close game...and wants an APA citation for every comment made here.

And I stand by that comment.

They have beaten one good team since Lamar became the QB. They consistently beat themselves in those games and I figured they would do it again...since they consistently do/did.

However, that doesn’t mean I don’t think the game would be close. But hey, whatever fits your narrative, have at it. I don’t care!!!!!!
@BSLRobShields

#25 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,936 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

And I stand by that comment.

They have beaten one good team since Lamar became the QB. They consistently beat themselves in those games and I figured they would do it again...since they consistently do/did.

However, that doesn’t mean I don’t think the game would be close. But hey, whatever fits your narrative, have at it. I don’t care!!!!!!

Don’t even need to watch next week to know the outcome.

We end up talking about how they could have won had they not done this, this and that but since they did, they lose by a few scores.

Not sure how I'm supposed to read this post and think that you think it would be a close game. I didn't cut anything off or edit anything to fit my narrative. Maybe choose better words next time? Like one score, instead of few scores. 

• BSLJordanKough, bmore_ken and ravens82 like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#26 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Not sure how I'm supposed to read this post and think that you think it would be a close game. I didn't cut anything off or edit anything to fit my narrative. Maybe choose better words next time? Like one score, instead of few scores.

A game can be played within one score the whole time and a team pull away late and make it a 9-10 point game at the end.

I’m pretty sure you have watched enough football to understand this obvious point and considering my other posts talked about the game being close and Wilson doing enough to win, that also was obvious.
@BSLRobShields

#27 JStruds

JStruds
  • Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

They have beaten one good team since Lamar became the QB.

I count 3+. Chargers and Browns last December, Seattle yesterday, and FWIW Arizona has won 3 straight; they may not be as bad as we thought.

#28 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:14 PM

I count 3+. Chargers and Browns last December, Seattle yesterday, and FWIW Arizona has won 3 straight; they may not be as bad as we thought.

I meant before yesterday.

You could stretch and call Cle good at the end of last year but you would definitely be trying to make Lamar look good by doing it. I know they were better in the second half last year but still, I don’t know how good they actually were and certainly not on or with LA or Sea.
@BSLRobShields

#29 JStruds

JStruds
  • Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

I meant before yesterday.

OK.

You could stretch and call Cle good at the end of last year but you would definitely be trying to make Lamar look good by doing it. I know they were better in the second half last year but still, I don’t know how good they actually were and certainly not on or with LA or Sea.

I don't think it's a stretch, and my opinion has nothing to do with Lamar. They won 5 of their last 8 I think, and were right in the game against a Ravens team on its own late seaon roll.

#30 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,936 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

A game can be played within one score the whole time and a team pull away late and make it a 9-10 point game at the end.

I’m pretty sure you have watched enough football to understand this obvious point and considering my other posts talked about the game being close and Wilson doing enough to win, that also was obvious.

GTFOH. You know goddamn well what you meant. Especially since “no need to watch this one...” You know you meant 17+

By your backwards ass logic trying to redeem yourself, anything from 6 to 24 points is a “few” score game. Lol. Ok.

You’re being ridiculous. And you were still wrong...yet again.
  • bmore_ken likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#31 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:49 PM

GTFOH. You know goddamn well what you meant. Especially since “no need to watch this one...” You know you meant 17+

By your backwards ass logic trying to redeem yourself, anything from 6 to 24 points is a “few” score game. Lol. Ok.

You’re being ridiculous. And you were still wrong...yet again.

Lol...go read any other comments on what I said about the game. At this point you are purposely being dumb or just want to troll.

And yes I was wrong, happily....I guess I could have taken your stance and actually not picked a winner and could then call myself right though?
@BSLRobShields

#32 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,936 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

Lol...go read any other comments on what I said about the game. At this point you are purposely being dumb or just want to troll.

And yes I was wrong, happily....I guess I could have taken your stance and actually not picked a winner and could then call myself right though?

I don't need to read any other comments you made. You made this one. 

You're completely missing the point, or trying to divert the attention to where you didn't say something dumb instead of owning it. 

You also said it was the best win of Lamar's career. Then in another post said he was "pretty awful". 

Your posts aren't TLDR. They are TMDR. Too many, don't read. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,687 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

You also said it was the best win of Lamar's career. Then in another post said he was "pretty awful". 

He said Jackson's throwing was pretty awful yesterday.  Not that Jackson was pretty awful yesterday. 

Mike / Ricker / Rob...   think you've tried to have a rationale discussion of where you disagree, but the points have been made, let's just move on. 

The discussion has been harshing my mellow after yesterday's win (to me the best w the Ravens have had in some time). 

• Ricker Says, BSLGabeFerguson and JStruds like this

#34 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:38 PM

I don't need to read any other comments you made. You made this one.

You're completely missing the point, or trying to divert the attention to where you didn't say something dumb instead of owning it.

Your posts aren't TLDR. They are TMDR. Too many, don't read.

It can be a good win for him and he still threw the ball poorly. Both of those statements can be true.

PFF graded him as the best offensive player for the Ravens but also said he was off throwing the ball. I guess you are complaining about that too?
@BSLRobShields

#35 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,215 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:21 PM

It can be a good win for him and he still threw the ball poorly. Both of those statements can be true.

Both statements could be true. But only one is. :)
  • ravens82 likes this

#36 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,522 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:27 PM

McPhee our for the year. Ouch.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#37 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,795 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:43 AM

McPhee our for the year. Ouch.

Yeah, might force our hand to make a trade.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#38 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,829 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:05 AM

Steering away from the Lamar discussion, and toward the headline of column.  The Ravens are not yet an elite team, but I think they maybe heading in that direction..  They have a lot of young talent on offense that is going to get better.  They have money and picks to add to the Oline and the defense.  I always have the purple glasses on, but the Ravens are good now, with a chance to get a lot better, in the next few years.

Now back to Lamar, forget what you thought you saw Sunday and concentrate on what we definitely saw, that bodes well for the future.  We saw his competitive nature, jump out and his leadership qualities emerge.  When you get an accomplished and at times stoic veteran like Yanda excited, that is special.  

He plays with fire and determination, and that to me was the best part of Sunday.

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

#39 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:02 AM

Well I think there are two questions and this is the root of the debate here. 

Are the Ravens their record? Or is the team in the future one that can either be "figured out" or "has more upside"? Or are they just who they say they are?

For example, the Pats are not going to be undefeated all year. And for all the chatter about the Ravens wins of the teams they've beaten (now up to 10) the Pats who have won 7 games teams.

Alternately, the Ravens were playing without Brown and Smith but you lose McPhee. It's not a question of what this team is today, we are a 5-2 team with a 2.5 game lead in the AFC North but what is this team moving forward. I think they've got more upside than this. 

I'll be looking into how teams are defending Lamar in the next week. 

#40 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,391 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:12 AM

I'll be looking into how teams are defending Lamar in the next week. 

The Ravens play the Pats after the bye. This is the game where we see Lamar going against a talented and extremely well coached defense. He struggled a bit against the Steelers, but I think the Steelers actually have a better rush than the Pats. It's really going to be interesting to see how the Ravens plan for this one.

• bmore_ken likes this
@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners