• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:22 PM

ESPN: Call them contenders: After rolling Seattle, Lamar Jackson and Ravens look like an elite team
https://www.espn.com...e-an-elite-team

#2 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

The kiss of death. 

They play better when no one believes in them.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:28 PM

The kiss of death. 

They will get a lot of nice press over the next 2 weeks going into the NE game.... the nice thing there, is it will be another prove it type game. 

Patriots will be favored, with reason. 

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:43 PM

Actually they could be.  The NFL is a league right now of few very good teams, some above average teams, and a bunch of less than adequate teams.  The Ravens are certainly one of the above average teams if not one of the very good teams.  The problem the Ravens have is the same problem the Steelers have had the last few years.....they play in the conference with the one very elite team.  And if Maholmes is healthy, the second most elite team in the NFL.  If the Ravens were in the NFC, there would be every reason to say they could be the team representing the conference in the SB.  The NFC has a lot more good teams, but no really elite teams.  The AFC has a bunch of second rate teams, but also happens to have the two best teams in the league....or at least the one team that you need a silver bullet to kill.  And oh btw, that team probably will host the AFC championship game once again.  

#5 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,126 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

The kiss of death. 

This is a cliche that means nothing.

People hyping them up doesn’t make them play differently.

Besides, this is a completely different team.
@BSLRobShields

#6 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,126 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

An article like this written by a Ravens best writer doesn’t mean much.

Still, this is a statement win....like I said, this is the best win of Lamar’s career.

What they did today is something that no one saw coming. Defense played really well.

Lamar didn’t throw the ball well at all, despite not having some help from Andrews.

Still, he did make a few big throws and obviously what he did with his legs today was a huge part of them winning the game.
@BSLRobShields

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,181 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:10 PM

I'll let the film guys tell me if it was scheme, blitzes, or guys beating linemen, but I thought pressure on QB was better today. Same symptom of not getting sacks (even moreso because Wilson is crazy elusive), but Wilson was constantly harassed especially in the second half.
  • JStruds likes this

#8 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:13 PM

This is a cliche that means nothing.

People hyping them up doesn’t make them play differently.

Besides, this is a completely different team.

Cool. I don't care. 

• bmore_ken likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#9 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,029 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:32 PM

Cool. I don't care.

Did you have the Ravens winning this week? I never saw it on here.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#10 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:53 PM

Did you have the Ravens winning this week? I never saw it on here.

My exact quote from last weeks article

“I don’t doubt that this offense can make it a game up there in Seattle. But can the defense? In three of Seattle’s last four games, it was the first team to 30 that won. I feel like that will likely be the outcome in this contest as well. Hold Seattle under 30, and the Ravens can be in a position to win.” 

@BSLMikeRandall

#11 hallas

hallas
  • Members
  • 439 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around LA

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:42 AM

Joe Flacco has made me hate the word "elite".

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#12 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,126 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:29 AM

Cool. I don't care.

Very well thought out, intelligent response.
@BSLRobShields

#13 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:00 AM

If the defense can play at that level going forward, yes, we are an “elite” team.

That remains to be seen though.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#14 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:14 AM

I think we're all a little dizzy right now from the afterglow of such an impressive win and that's fine.  But I think most of us on here are realists and know how teams can look so different from week to week in the NFL.  Chances are New England's still going to be undefeated coming into Baltimore and since the odds of them going 16-0 are not good, it might be the perfect time for them to taste defeat.  But you have to be careful with the "elite" term.  I do think the Ravens are a good football team and depending on how the defense plays later in the season, can be a major player in the road to the Super Bowl.  Then again, it only takes a game or two of playing like crap to bring everything back to Earth again.  This is one time where I agree with one of Harbaugh's many cliches...just take it one game at a time. 

#15 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:46 AM

Very well thought out, intelligent response.

I made a knee jerk reaction to someone calling this team elite after one win against a real good team.

It didn’t require a response from anyone.

“It’s a cliche”. Cool. I don’t care.
@BSLMikeRandall

#16 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,029 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:56 AM

My exact quote from last weeks article

So a lot of "can" and "if's". Meanwhile, I was reacting emotionally last Sunday, which pissed the fanboys off,but had this to say Friday in the game thread... "I have a good feeling about Sunday. Sorry to disappoint those who moronically think I want them to lose."

Seriously, this high brow, how dare you think the Ravens suck nonsense is cult like and ridiculous. But hey, if you're having fun, do your thing.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#17 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:32 AM

So a lot of "can" and "if's". Meanwhile, I was reacting emotionally last Sunday, which pissed the fanboys off,but had this to say Friday in the game thread... "I have a good feeling about Sunday. Sorry to disappoint those who moronically think I want them to lose."

Seriously, this high brow, how dare you think the Ravens suck nonsense is cult like and ridiculous. But hey, if you're having fun, do your thing.

Put me on ignore then. I got more important shit to worry about than how people interpret my words.
  • bmore_ken likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#18 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,029 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:36 AM

Put me on ignore then. I got more important shit to worry about than how people interpret my words.

RIght, like how I fan? Makes total sense.

#19 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

RIght, like how I fan? Makes total sense.

Your hypocrisy is astonishing.

You don’t want want someone raining on how you fan. But you can say “Fanboys are cult like”.

Makes total sense.

I don’t think I’m a “fanboy”, but whatever. Don’t care.
@BSLMikeRandall

#20 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,029 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:19 AM

It's not hypocrisy. I'm not ever criticizing you optimistic folk, you're the one slinging the criticism my way because of being skeptical. It's ridiculous to be offended by another fan not being as rosy and optimistic as you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners