29 replies to this topic

#21 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,472 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:42 AM

Meanwhile players on the 40 man roster get $1100 I think weekly during the shutdown.

Only if they ended the season on a major league roster or something so I don’t think it helps guys like Akin or McKenna unless I read something wrong.

#22 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,571 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:20 AM

Only if they ended the season on a major league roster or something so I don’t think it helps guys like Akin or McKenna unless I read something wrong.

That was the original report but is not correct. Any player on a 40-man roster can get the weekly allowance, which goes until April 9.

• BSLBobPhelan likes this

#23 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,472 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:41 AM

That was the original report but is not correct. Any player on a 40-man roster can get the weekly allowance, which goes until April 9.

Good to hear. Don’t understand why they won’t do something for the minor leaguers even if it’s less money and/or less frequent. The people that will be fine get all the assistance?

#24 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,571 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

Good to hear. Don’t understand why they won’t do something for the minor leaguers even if it’s less money and/or less frequent. The people that will be fine get all the assistance?

MLBPA union does not include minor leaguers.

So basically, no one fights for the rights of minor leaguers.

• JeremyStrain, BSLBobPhelan and DJ MC like this

#25 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:33 AM

Billionaire owners should adopt minor leaguers.
  • DJ MC likes this

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 120,597 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:18 PM

CBS Sports: MLB announces support for minor-league players during coronavirus shutdown
https://www.cbssport...virus-shutdown/

#27 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,571 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

CBS Sports: MLB announces support for minor-league players during coronavirus shutdown
https://www.cbssport...virus-shutdown/

It's basically just a very minor per diem stipend money for housing, food, etc. for the rest of ST (April 8). It covers what they were supposed to get between now and MiLB Opening Day if the season was under normal conditions.

We'll see what, if anything, happens after.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#28 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,654 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:28 AM

It's basically just a very minor per diem stipend money for housing, food, etc. for the rest of ST (April 8). It covers what they were supposed to get between now and MiLB Opening Day if the season was under normal conditions.

We'll see what, if anything, happens after.

Yeah one guy I know said it's basically just their food allowance, or most of it paid out all at once. Makes it look like they are doing something to help, when really they are just giving them they should have already. Day one in camp those players should get all that money instead of paying out over time.

I read they are working on doing SOMETHING for them. I mean really, the money is so below poverty would it really kill ML teams to fund all the minor leaguers in their system during the shutdown? Most of those teams are paying more in expenses they waste and throw away.

@JeremyMStrain

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 120,597 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:07 AM

CBS Sports: Minor League Baseball will accept MLB proposal that could cut more than 40 teams, report says
https://www.cbssport...ms-report-says/

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:21 PM

CBS Sports: Minor League Baseball will accept MLB proposal that could cut more than 40 teams, report says
https://www.cbssport...ms-report-says/

MLB is ruthless.  They are randomly cutting cities that have supported them for years.  Jobs lost, businesses hurt.  Manfred sucks.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners