129 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,971 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:05 PM

Doubt he plays this week (or not much if he does) but with the bye week following should be ready to play a major role against New England.

#42 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,341 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:12 PM

I think he does play this week considering how thin the Ravens are at CB. 

It might require simplifying the coverage schemes some, but you can just play single high with Thomas and figure it out from there.

@gabefergy

#43 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:14 PM

It might require simplifying the coverage schemes some, but you can just play single high with Thomas and figure it out from there.

I hope so.  If he's a rental, let's get 10 games out of him.

#44 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:34 PM

Btw, don’t be so sure the ravens won’t keep him beyond this year.

He is young and they will lose corners after the season.
@BSLRobShields

#45 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:42 PM

This is a damn good move. I hope another one is coming. The Ravens are trying to move into contender status.

#46 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:52 PM

This is a damn good move. I hope another one is coming. The Ravens are trying to move into contender status.

Pass rusher is the biggest need, but I don't see anyone trading a top guy.  Michael Bennett is probably available: https://www.espn.com...imental-conduct

#47 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:58 PM

Btw, don’t be so sure the ravens won’t keep him beyond this year.

He is young and they will lose corners after the season.

Yeah I could easily see that.  But *IF* he's a rental, let's get the most out of him. I'd prefer to have him on the field over Averett or whomever.

• BSLGabeFerguson likes this

#48 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,341 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

Peters is expected to play this Sundary per @JosinaAnderson

@gabefergy

#49 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:25 PM

Considering what they gave up, it's a no brainer.  Good trade.  Still, it makes me wonder why the Rams would unload him for someone like Young.  You'd think they'd want to be compensated more than that.  Kind of head scratcher but hey, he's sure as hell better than anyone he's going to replace. 

#50 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:33 PM

Apparently the Rams really like Kenny Young, which is interesting...enough so that when they gave up a 2nd and 4th for Peters originally they were willing to take young and a 5th. 

It almost makes you wonder if the Rams even initiated this call after the Ravens benched Young. 

#51 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

I mean, run him out in press man on the outside at RCB. Coverage is coverage. He can learn the language as the season goes.
  • BSLGabeFerguson likes this

#52 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:47 PM

Peters is expected to play this Sundary per @JosinaAnderson

I'm sure the Ravens will find a way to have him rush the passer with Earl Thomas simultaneously :)

(I've complained to Gabe during games that Thomas is being badly misused based on his play around the LOS and usage rushing the passer) 

#53 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:50 PM

Apparently the Rams really like Kenny Young, which is interesting...enough so that when they gave up a 2nd and 4th for Peters originally they were willing to take young and a 5th. 

It almost makes you wonder if the Rams even initiated this call after the Ravens benched Young. 

"Interesting" is right.  Considering he was getting torched in pass coverage, was pitiful in holding the edge in run defense and was a healthy scratch despite the injury to Peanut, it really makes you wonder what they see in him.  I don't get it but hey, that's their problem now. 

#54 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,669 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:55 PM

"Interesting" is right.  Considering he was getting torched in pass coverage, was pitiful in holding the edge in run defense and was a healthy scratch despite the injury to Peanut, it really makes you wonder what they see in him.  I don't get it but hey, that's their problem now. 

Young flashed plenty last year imo.  This year was rough.  

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he performs in a new setting. 

#55 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:05 PM

Also the Ravens coaching/evaluation at the ILB position doesn't have a short-term ringing track record right now. Young did flash and regressed, Board had flashed, too. Is it the players? The development? The usage?

Ultimately, if you're keeping Peanut for WILB and you didn't think Young could be the MLB and the Rams have zero intention of resigning Peters this represents a win win for both teams. But does beg questions about the Ravens ILB development, IMO.

#56 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:10 PM

Peter Schrager:

One note, re: Peters/Rams.

Org loved him, caused zero problems. Wasn't a personality thing, here. Wanted to go young and player was in contract year.
Trade was to a 4-2 team viewed as a top org. Good for both sides.
@BSLRobShields

#57 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

Jeff Z:

Interesting question going forward for Ravens is, if Jimmy Smith returns in next two weeks, how will Martindale use Humphrey, Peters, Smith and Carr? Carr was playing some safety over the summer and Ravens thin there.

Speculation of Carr at S
@BSLRobShields

#58 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

Jeff Z also confirming that it’s a 5th rounder.

So, you essentially trade a 4th and 5th for 10 games of Peters and likely a comp pick in the 4th or 5th round.

In other words, you trade Peters for Young straight up. Young has some upside and potential and perhaps in Seattle, he will be good as he learns from the great LBers they have up there.

Still, he was done here for the time being. This is an amazing trade.
@BSLRobShields

#59 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:37 PM

Young flashed plenty last year imo.  This year was rough.  

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he performs in a new setting. 

Maybe I have selective memory but I remember Young looked good early last year and then more or less disappeared as the season progressed.  Either way, he was a major liability this year and to me, it takes a pretty huge leap of faith to think he's going to morph into a quality linebacker.  I wish him well but I just don't see it.  

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,669 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:44 PM

Maybe I have selective memory but I remember Young looked good early last year and then more or less disappeared as the season progressed.  Either way, he was a major liability this year and to me, it takes a pretty huge leap of faith to think he's going to morph into a quality linebacker.  I wish him well but I just don't see it.  

He's young and athletic enough the light could come on. Or it might stay off. 

Either way, like the trade.  It's a no-brainer.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners