• 890 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

Peters is...

26 years old
A 2x pro-bowler
A former defensive ROY
Leads the league in interceptions since he entered the league with 24

This is a DAMNED good deal. Holy shit!

The Ravens now have arguably the strongest cornerback tandem in football, and when Smith gets back, itll be even better.

I wonder if there are any plans to move someone to Safety...

#22 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,193 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

I think Jimmy might be done...or at best a depth player at this point. Maybe use him in certain situations against big/physical WRs.

Well, you also wonder what they might do with Smith AND Carr now?  Do you see one of them playing some safety at times?  They are running all sorts of packages with the safeties and now with Elliott out, perhaps they envision one of those guys to be in some kind of dime safety or LBer type role.

I don't think Smith is done but I do think both him and Canady are out this week...This could also mean Canady is out a while as well btw.  Peters just played against Seattle, so you know he knows them.

@BSLRobShields

#23 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

Well, you also wonder what they might do with Smith AND Carr now? Do you see one of them playing some safety at times? They are running all sorts of packages with the safeties and now with Elliott out, perhaps they envision one of those guys to be in some kind of dime safety or LBer type role.

I don't think Smith is done but I do think both him and Canady are out this week...This could also mean Canady is out a while as well btw. Peters just played against Seattle, so you know he knows them.

I think someone is going to start playing safety.

#24 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,193 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:39 PM

Jeff Z:

Rams announce deal. Ravens land Marcus Peters and Rams get ILB Kenny Young and an undisclosed 2020 draft pick

@BSLRobShields

#25 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,193 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:39 PM

Be great if its just that 5th.

@BSLRobShields

#26 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:40 PM

Now go trade for a pass rusher.

#27 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:40 PM

I think someone is going to start playing safety.

Maybe.  They did bring back Bennett Jackson.

#28 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

Well, you also wonder what they might do with Smith AND Carr now?  Do you see one of them playing some safety at times?  They are running all sorts of packages with the safeties and now with Elliott out, perhaps they envision one of those guys to be in some kind of dime safety or LBer type role.

I don't think Smith is done but I do think both him and Canady are out this week...This could also mean Canady is out a while as well btw.  Peters just played against Seattle, so you know he knows them.

Carr has already been playing mostly slot, some safety alignments as well. I don't see his role changing much. 

It's going to be Peters and Humphrey on the outside, Carr/Canady inside (assuming health). I'm not sure where Jimmy fits in.

@gabefergy

#29 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:42 PM

Carr has already been playing mostly slot, some safety alignments as well. I don't see his role changing much.

It's going to be Peters and Humphrey on the outside, Carr/Canady inside (assuming health). I'm not sure where Jimmy fits in.

Maybe Jimmy plays the Tony Jefferson role.

Only without being out of position/missing every assignment every play.
  • primetime likes this

#30 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:42 PM

Safety is only an issue if there is another injury, then it's a big problem. Clark/Thomas is a pretty good combo with Levine as the dime safety/LB hybrid.

@gabefergy

#31 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:43 PM

Maybe Jimmy plays the Tony Jefferson role.

Only without being out of position/missing every assignment every play.

Maybe in certain packages he gets lined up against pass-catching TEs, but he's not going to be the starting SS.

@gabefergy

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,191 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

This is the second time Peters has been traded for a far lower than expected return.  I imagine the league knows something about him that most fans and even scouting/grading services do not.

But at the cost of Kenny Young, too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Also, decent chance there is a significant 2021 comp pick coming back the Ravens way.  Guys acquired midseason count towards the comp pick math when they leave.  So if Peters plays decent and goes and signs elsewhere after the year, that will help the Ravens get a pick or cancel out a big signing of their own.

• ravens82 likes this

#33 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:50 PM

Maybe in certain packages he gets lined up against pass-catching TEs, but he's not going to be the starting SS.

Perhaps. He has the size for it though, and he's getting older. He wouldn't be the first older corner to be moved to safety to ask less of his legs. My only concern would be strength and tackling.

#34 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:54 PM

Perhaps. He has the size for it though, and he's getting older. He wouldn't be the first older corner to be moved to safety to ask less of his legs. My only concern would be strength and tackling.

I think the Ravens like Chuck Clark in that role. If there was more of a question mark I could potentially see it with Jimmy, but it's a tough ask to move a guy to a completely different position.

@gabefergy

#35 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

This is the second time Peters has been traded for a far lower than expected return.  I imagine the league knows something about him that most fans and even scouting/grading services do not.

But at the cost of Kenny Young, too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Also, decent chance there is a significant 2021 comp pick coming back the Ravens way.  Guys acquired midseason count for towards the comp pick math when they leave.  So if Peters plays decent and goes and signs elsewhere after the year, that will help the Ravens get a pick or cancel out a big signing of their own.

Excellent point.  EDC learned from the master of the comp. pick system.

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,789 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Peters leads active players in interception rate per game.

@mikeghg

#37 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,914 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:58 PM

Love it! Wanted Peters when KC drafted him. Feel like his play slipped a little going to LA. Even if this doesn’t work out, they Ravens gave up basically nothing. A LB who doesn’t get it and won’t play, and a pick we got for free. Even if it’s not that exact pick, close enough.

Shows how little we all know about what goes on. Everyone’s talking about all the first rounds picks they’d have to give up for talent...guess not.
@BSLMikeRandall

#38 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:58 PM

Now go trade for an edge rusher

@gabefergy

#39 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,789 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:59 PM

Peters, Humphrey and Smith seems like a strong trio to play on the outside, if Jimmy gets healthy.

I think we have learned 2 outside corners is not enough.

@mikeghg

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,789 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:01 PM

Give Decosta credit.  He is working the problem.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners