Photo

Ravens Beat Cincinnati; 4-2 with Seattle Next (Post-Game Thoughts)

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,801 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

I am not a James Hurst fan, but I think it is time to make him the left guard.

They paid him too much money for some reason.
@BSLMikeRandall

#82 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,341 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

I'd take Hurst or Powers at this point. At least try to improve a spot that is a weekly problem.

@gabefergy

#83 PD24

PD24

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

Interesting to me that people say the team isn't good, yet they're 4-2, yet many of the same people would say Harbaugh also isn't good.

Then I urge you to compare this 2019 team, talent-wise and playmaking-wise, to the teams in 2016 and 2017 that both missed the playoffs because of plays that weren't made by the defense. Evidence that lots of people made as to why Harbaugh should have been fired.

Not trying to start anything just pointing that out. In a league where the Chargers and Browns are 2-4, Cowboys are 3-3, etc...just funny that Harbaugh gets shit on so much around here. 

The team sucks. Harbaugh sucks! Yet they're 4-2...

@PeterDiLutis

#84 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

Interesting to me that people say the team isn't good, yet they're 4-2, yet many of the same people would say Harbaugh also isn't good.

Then I urge you to compare this 2019 team, talent-wise and playmaking-wise, to the teams in 2016 and 2017 that both missed the playoffs because of plays that weren't made by the defense. Evidence that lots of people made as to why Harbaugh should have been fired.

Not trying to start anything just pointing that out. In a league where the Chargers and Browns are 2-4, Cowboys are 3-3, etc...just funny that Harbaugh gets shit on so much around here. 

4-18-1

@BSLRobShields

#85 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:25 PM

This team has to prove they can do it in the moments that are big, I think that's what's left. 

We'll win a game against a good team that will surprise folks, though. We'll get the calls or the plays that just barely break our way. That will happen. I think there is a good chance that's the Patriots game. We know their scheme generally, we play them tough, and the Pats offense looks like a shell of itself. It's a home game and it's coming off the bye. Just a lot in our favor there. You hope that's a very cold day, too. 

But this is going to be a week to week team. I won't be surprised if we're 8-6 headed into the last week (wins against Cin, Buf, NYJ and one of the others). And we'll be playing for our playoff lives in the last two weeks of the year. That's just how it goes. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#86 PD24

PD24

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:26 PM

4-18-1

What's that stat? 

@PeterDiLutis

#87 PD24

PD24

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

This team has to prove they can do it in the moments that are big, I think that's what's left. 

We'll win a game against a good team that will surprise folks, though. We'll get the calls or the plays that just barely break our way. That will happen. I think there is a good chance that's the Patriots game. We know their scheme generally, we play them tough, and the Pats offense looks like a shell of itself. It's a home game and it's coming off the bye. Just a lot in our favor there. You hope that's a very cold day, too. 

But this is going to be a week to week team. I won't be surprised if we're 8-6 headed into the last week (wins against Cin, Buf, NYJ and one of the others). And we'll be playing for our playoff lives in the last two weeks of the year. That's just how it goes. 

I don't see it because the Pats love the short passing game and that's what typically gets the Ravens. They won't be able to pressure Brady. And most of all, Bill isn't going to let Lamar run for anything of significance. He's going to take that away and say, go beat me through the air. 

@PeterDiLutis

#88 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:30 PM

What's that stat? 

The combined record of the teams they have beaten.

@BSLRobShields

#89 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,836 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:34 PM

Great another fanboy showed up. Read what's actually being said Sniper Pete.

And try and do a better job convincing me this team is good, rather than just continue beating the "OMG 4 and 2!!!!!!!!!!" drum.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#90 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,341 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

The Ravens have won the games that they should, with the Browns game as an exception. 

I think they have shown that they are a good if not elite offensive team. 

On defense, I certainly have concerns, especially as injuries begin to pile up. I think we have seen them make some adjustments both from a personnel and a scheme perspective which gives me some hope that they will improve. Fort and Bynes have been significant upgrades at LB, and I was impressed with Ferguson and even Ward have played in limited roles. 

The lack of a pass-rush will be this team's Achilles heel, and I don't see any kind of real fix there unless Wink has some new tricks up his sleeve. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@gabefergy

#91 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,971 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:28 PM

Can we get away from the "how come everybody says this" crap? Quote a post and respond to it or just make your point on its own merits.

The vague strawman posts are getting ridiculous.

#92 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:29 PM

The vague strawman posts are getting ridiculous.

Hi Mackus, are you new to message boards they tend to get pretty strawman-y. ;) (I say this with total sarcasm and recognize I've gone there, too, and am not exempt). 

#93 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,971 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:29 PM

Realizing that I just did what I hope to see less of in the above post... Will find examples that I think fit when I get to a computer.

EDIT:

Pete's post was the one that I reacted to, but he got more wrath than he deserves.  Other threads, mostly about Lamar, had more examples that I thought were getting egregious, but not going to quote them here and further derail.  

#94 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,801 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:32 PM

Have not seen one poster here blaming Harbaugh. Maybe quote what you’re talking about?
@BSLMikeRandall

#95 JStruds

JStruds
  • Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:26 AM

The Ravens have won the games that they should, with the Browns game as an exception. 

I think they have shown that they are a good if not elite offensive team. 

On defense, I certainly have concerns, especially as injuries begin to pile up. I think we have seen them make some adjustments both from a personnel and a scheme perspective which gives me some hope that they will improve. Fort and Bynes have been significant upgrades at LB, and I was impressed with Ferguson and even Ward have played in limited roles. 

The lack of a pass-rush will be this team's Achilles heel, and I don't see any kind of real fix there unless Wink has some new tricks up his sleeve. 

That and the injuries to the secondary combined may keep this team out of the playoffs. Hard to guess this far out, but a possible saving grace is that the division is really weak this year, and 8-8 could actually win it if Cleveland continues to stumble.

#96 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:21 AM

https://filmstudybal...-bengals-101319

More issues from Bozeman, as we all knew.

So basically, we are above average to elite at 3 positions and average at C. That’s how it has played out for most of the year.

Bozeman is the clear weak link. How much longer do you go with him?
@BSLRobShields

#97 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,669 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

https://filmstudybal...-bengals-101319

More issues from Bozeman, as we all knew.

So basically, we are above average to elite at 3 positions and average at C. That’s how it has played out for most of the year.

Bozeman is the clear weak link. How much longer do you go with him?

Is Yanda still above average? 

Stanley by all accounts has taken a step up, I've wondered how much of that is because teams are concentrating on attacking the weakness that is the interior of the line. 

Like Brown, would be interested to see how he grades rush vs. pass... 

#98 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

Is Yanda still above average?

Stanley by all accounts has taken a step up, I've wondered how much of that is because teams are concentrating on attacking the weakness that is the interior of the line.

Like Brown, would be interested to see how he grades rush vs. pass...

Outside of last week, Ken has given Yanda an A grade every week.

PFF also has him graded at a well above average number.

The weakness of the line is tied up in Bozeman, with skura being average-ish much of the time..but still susceptible to giving up pressure.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLRobShields

#99 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,669 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:33 AM

Outside of last week, Ken has given Yanda an A grade every week.

The Football Outsiders review was not as kind. (vs. Pittsburgh.)

#100 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:33 AM

The Football Outsiders review was not as kind. (vs. Pittsburgh.)

Right..that’s when Ken said he didn’t have a good game.

That was the exception to the season.
@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners