Photo

Ravens Beat Cincinnati; 4-2 with Seattle Next (Post-Game Thoughts)

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,687 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:55 PM

It was the Lamar Jackson show today... 

236 yards passing.. 

152 yards rushing... 

9 Ravens had receptions... (Hollywood Brown was inactive). 
Andrews a big game. 
Boykin got a couple of receptions. 

Ingram 52 yards rushing... 
Edwards 34.... 
Hill 31... 

Nice seeing Boykin and Hill get involved a bit. 

Ravens 9 of 15 on 3rd down... 

Ravens with over 500 yards of offense... .

Ravens with TOP of basically 40 minutes.

Mixon was shut down. 

Negatives:
- Gave up the opening kickoff...

- Pass Rush remains an issue...  (Bowser had a late sack. Followed by Judon and Ferguson.)

- 10 more penalties today... 
- Was hoping for more from Hurst today. 

@Seattle
New England
@Cincinnati
Texans
@Rams

49ers
@Buffalo
Jets
@Browns
Steelers

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,687 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:14 PM

Per ESPN: "Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is first player to ever produce over 200 yards passing and 150 yards rushing in a regular season game in the Super Bowl era."

• BSLMikeRandall and bmore_ken like this

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:23 PM

Per ESPN: "Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is first player to ever produce over 200 yards passing and 150 yards rushing in a regular season game in the Super Bowl era."

The guy that would never make it as an NFL qb because he's never completed 60% of his passes?

#4 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:26 PM

Statistically, this game shouldn't have been close.  As usual, the Ravens do just enough self-destructing to make it a nail biter.  They're not going to win any awards for football IQ, that's for sure.  Against the good teams who are more disciplined, they'll lose every time.  I grow weary of the usual Harbaugh, post game drivel of how "we've got to clean that up", "we've got to get better and we will", etc...nothing ever changes.  I just don't see how this is a dangerous team going forward.  At least not yet.  

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

The guy that would never make it as an NFL qb because he's never completed 60% of his passes?

Can you imagine how many times Flacco would have been sacked this year?  :eek:

#6 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

Sure, you want to beat a winless team 59-10...But the only thing keeping it from being 10 points allowed instead of 17 was the opening kickoff. 

Auden Tate looks pretty talented considering a couple of his catches. Also a size mismatch at 6'5". 

Andy Dalton is a veteran QB who has had good games against better defenses here, and they limited him as much as one should limit a familiar veteran. 21/39 235, 0 TD, 1 pick. 

Held rushers to 33 yards on 14 carries. Mixon, 8 for 10.

On the offense, Jackson missed a wide open Andrews once. Snead was wide open but may have slowed on his route. Andrews also with the fumble while driving. Coming away with a FG on the long drive at the end instead of a TD.  Can't be perfect. Considering that the Ravens put up 500 yards on offense, again, I'm not gonna nit pick what they didn't do. Did enough to win and that's all that matters. The few mistakes have no bearing on the future. 

Cleveland got curb stomped by SF, then they are giving Seattle a hell of a fight. No reason the Ravens can't go up there and play a competitive game themselves. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#7 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,078 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:09 PM

Nah, not nearly good enough. We'll get shit on in Seattle next week. Pretty bad team we've got here.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#8 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:30 PM

Nah, not nearly good enough. We'll get shit on in Seattle next week. Pretty bad team we've got here.

500 yards on offense. 10 defensive points allowed. Yeah. Pretty bad. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#9 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:31 PM

Don’t even need to watch next week to know the outcome.

We end up talking about how they could have won had they not done this, this and that but since they did, they lose by a few scores.
@BSLRobShields

#10 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,078 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:39 PM

500 yards on offense. 10 defensive points allowed. Yeah. Pretty bad.

Come on dude, you know better than this. Cinci blows.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,687 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

I don't think the Ravens are particularly good right now... but I do think they can get to a point where they can be a dangerous team. 

#12 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,078 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

Not this year. Not without substantial additions via trade, which I don't want. Sneak in the playoffs in a terrible division, try and steal a playoff win to get that under Lamar's belt, then build in the offseason. That's the absolute best upside IMHO.

#13 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:00 PM

Come on dude, you know better than this. Cinci blows.

And it should have never been close.  When you're dominating an opponent like the Ravens were today, you either have the killer instinct. step on the pedal and blow them out or you keep them hanging around.  The Ravens look like a .500 team to me with some solid offensive talent.  Defensively, they're going to be taken to the wood shed against good teams and quarterbacks. 

#14 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:03 PM

I don't think the Ravens are particularly good right now... but I do think they can get to a point where they can be a dangerous team. 

That will depend almost entirely on whether they can develop a pass rush from this point on.  Their performance today against a much below average OL was at best, disappointing. 

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,215 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:04 PM

Score closer than the game ever felt.

Jackson was terrific. First time this year I thought that he left himself exposed to lots of big hits. But he was the entire offense and played really well. A few missed throws, only one big one, but good decision making and obviously he was transcendent running the ball.
  • Mike B and BSLGabeFerguson like this

#16 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,522 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:06 PM

Two dumb plays (opening TD, Andrews fumble) made this a lot closer than it should have been.

We dominated this team.

Good win.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#17 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,078 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:09 PM

There's no domination when you score 23 points against a shit team like that. I agree it wasn't as close as the score suggests, but this team shit the bed a good bit.

#18 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:15 PM

I swear there is no pleasing half you MFers around here. Pisses me off. Why do you watch if either the opposition sucks, so the game shouldn't count, or the opposition is good so the Ravens don't have a chance?

I hope this dumb team shoves it in your pie hole next week.

• St.Steveg likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#19 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,078 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:24 PM

Oh f off.

#20 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,078 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:25 PM

Oh btw, here's my obligatory, "I hope I'm wrong", as to not so easily offend you Nancy's.

Jesus, this just isn't a good team. Period. I can't for the life of me fathom why that is such a controversial take. Bunch of pansy ass fanboys, I swear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners