• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:11 PM

This AEW show is legit. Jericho cut a hilarious promo and the first two matches were stellar.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#2 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,949 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:54 AM

This AEW show is legit. Jericho cut a hilarious promo and the first two matches were stellar.

Young Bucks vs. Private Party might have been the best tag team match I've seen in a very very long time. Since the Hardy Boyz prime at least. It's amazing when you have real tag teams how good tag matches can be.  

@BSLMikeRandall

#3 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:12 PM

They're legit. I still feel like something is missing but it's definitely gonna be something I watch every week. 

A REALLY good show, especially for one that's just finding its legs.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,860 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

They're legit. I still feel like something is missing but it's definitely gonna be something I watch every week. 

A REALLY good show, especially for one that's just finding its legs.

It definitely has a WCW feel.

I still prefer NXT to it, but that is why everyone has a DVR.

@mikeghg

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,860 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

I just got around to watching last weeks show, but what is up with the guy who looks like a skinny 11 year old, wrestling.  Marko and the lady champ Riho, just don't look the part.  It had to be tough on the opponents, who seemed to be trying very hard, not to hurt the small wrestlers.

@mikeghg

#6 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,869 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:32 PM

Anyone going to the ppv at the arena next Saturday?

#7 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,949 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:15 AM

Watched “Full Gear” on YouTube yesterday. One question. What was Moxley thinking? I know he hated the creative of Vince at WWE. But you get to be around and travel with your gorgeous wife and TV-PG wrestle a little while playing a psychopath. Now he’s still playing the psychopath but has to be a TV-MA human pin cushion. I think I’d rather just put up with Vinces BS and collect a fat check.
@BSLMikeRandall

#8 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,272 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:40 PM

Watched “Full Gear” on YouTube yesterday. One question. What was Moxley thinking? I know he hated the creative of Vince at WWE. But you get to be around and travel with your gorgeous wife and TV-PG wrestle a little while playing a psychopath. Now he’s still playing the psychopath but has to be a TV-MA human pin cushion. I think I’d rather just put up with Vinces BS and collect a fat check.

To him, and a lot of guys, the paycheck isn't worth selling your soul. Some of them have, almost an honor, or work ethic that they want to EARN what they get, they want to be judged on their matches, and ability to perform in the ring. Not stupid pops that are manipulated ("hello BALTIMORE!!!") or dumb story lines, that don't even make sense.

Austin was one of these guys, once he hit that point that "stunning" steve austin didn't have to be a thing to have a job, he was going to do stuff his way. And Vince made it work, and the rest is history. In his defense, Vince shed a lot of ego during that period, took some lumps, looked stupid on a nightly basis, for the sake of the company. But most guys won't pull that card until they feel like they have enough leverage. I bet you see more guys coming up near the end of their contracts start doing that now. Choosing storylines vs just doing whatever, because they know theres another group out there with an open checkbook and ALL too happy to keep them off the unemployment line. Right now the contract security is working, but soon, people will know they'll get that either way and will start taking perks to win a deal.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#9 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:58 PM

The same reason that certain actors could stick with Marvel franchises for 10-12 years and get 8 figures but instead turn to Broadway. There's something to be said for being an "artiste!!!" for some people. And I think that means a lot to guys like Moxley. Guys like Matt Hardy seem to be the same way. 

• JeremyStrain and BSLMikeRandall like this

#10 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,949 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:09 PM

I get the being an artist part of it. It's just odd that being an artist means putting your body through pure hell. It's like saying to Mick Foley "hold my beer" and really, he doesn't need to do that. Neither does Kenny Omega for that matter. 

Maybe I feel like guys like Mox and Omega can put on a five star match on their own merit. Have a few bumps in there, but the barbed wire times 10 all over the place, the broken glass, exposing the wood of the ring and landing face first on it. There might be a fine line between bumps, and mutilation. They blurred that line often. (Showed Omega's back on Dynamite last night. Ew). It wasn't your typical tables, ladders, chairs, no DQ stuff. That stuff also makes it great, but I don't want it to happen often to where you get numb to it.

Maybe we know too much about these guys nowadays, and Renee is too much of a sweetheart to have to watch her man do that. 

I already respect those two a ton, but after watching that last night it takes the respect level up further. Which is why they do it. But they didn't need to do it, is all I'm getting at. Someone who needs to be put over would need to go through that hell. Not these two who are over a million times over. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners