#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,802 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

BSL: https://www.baltimor...imistic-stance/

It's too early to say it's over. It's too early to say this is who they are. The defense sucks, the offense sucks, Coach X sucks. Too early for all that. 

Keep making changes. Coach these guys up. Get back to work. No better week than this coming week to stay above .500.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLJordanKough like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,702 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

You never assume a win in Pitt and we will see how things play out tonight but Sunday surely feels pretty close to a must win if you want to win the division.

I think Pitt will be better as the season goes on, so you want to get them now.

If Cinci beats them tonight, they will really be in full desperation mode.

@BSLRobShields

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,802 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:29 PM

Looks like the Steelers are clicking and gelling just in time. JJSS a non-factor too. Ugh.

@BSLMikeRandall

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,702 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:18 PM

Looks like the Steelers are clicking and gelling just in time. JJSS a non-factor too. Ugh.

Cinci is terrible.
@BSLRobShields

#5 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:32 AM

Totally agree that it's too early to declare all hope lost. It's a long season, and this past Sunday in particular saw quite a few of the top teams lose or struggle mightily against lesser competition.

The reason for concern with the defense is very real, and I don't necessarily think we'll see it "fixed" so much as we'll see improvements that are good enough. Alaka was just placed on IR, and they signed LJ Fort. It's not going to solve their LB woes, but they're trying anything at this point. Hopefully Jimmy comes back mostly healthy when he does return.

@Bmore_Irish

#6 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:09 AM

I think Pitt is going to eat their lunch, but I'm an eternal pessimist when it comes to Baltimore sports.

#7 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

I think some changes can be made. I'd say you're bordering on last chances for a few guys. Jefferson needs to be moved. Peanut, Young and Board have been atrocious. Not even just bad, they've been really, really bad. I think those two problems can possibly solve themselves. Move Jefferson to ILB. Let him roam at the mid-level vs. costing us on the back end. Let Elliott, Levine or Clark cover the back end with Thomas.

Something I believe Jkough alluded to in another thread, I think they need to pick a base defense they can fall back to. Whether it be press man , cover 2 or cover 3. They need something they can regress to that is familiar to everyone and everyone knows their job. I personally love press man if you have the personnel for it. Which, with Smith back, you can run it pretty effectively.

They can't just stand pat and hope the defense fixes itself. Jefferson has proven he can't handle free roaming or making the right decisions on the back end. Peanut, Young and Board have proven that their only positives are their speed. None of them have shown they can cover, take on blocks, or consistently fill their gap assignments. I can handle a bad cover ILB of he is great against the run. And I can handle a ILB that is a great cover guy but can get swallowed in the run game. I cannot take an ILB that is terrible at both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners