• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,750 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:21 AM

Come back home, and win an important division game. 

If you end next week 3-1, with Cleveland 1-3, and you have the initial head-to-head... that will have been a good opening Month. 

#2 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

The Cleveland offensive line sucks and Baker holds the ball too long.  If you can't generate a pass rush this week, you really have some big issues.

That being said, they can burn you with the passing game and we know the secondary has had a lot of issues lately.  Baker has looked bad so far but they can turn things around at any moment.  

Garrett has been a beast so far.

You should win this game though.  

@BSLRobShields

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, you have to win this game.

I see it as an ugly one, 23-20 or something like that.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,279 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

The Cleveland offensive line sucks and Baker holds the ball too long. If you can't generate a pass rush this week, you really have some big issues.

That being said, they can burn you with the passing game and we know the secondary has had a lot of issues lately. Baker has looked bad so far but they can turn things around at any moment.

Garrett has been a beast so far.

You should win this game though.

Showed a graphic last night that Baker was almost perfect last night when he got rid of the ball in under 2 seconds. But abysmal if he waited longer because their Oline can’t hold up. Also had to double team the best interior defender in the league all night which doesn’t help.

I feel like in years past it was these quick release guys that have owned the Ravens at times. Dalton, Rivers...

Browns put up a good fight in week 17 last year. I expect a close game.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:13 AM

Showed a graphic last night that Baker was almost perfect last night when he got rid of the ball in under 2 seconds. But abysmal if he waited longer because their Oline can’t hold up. Also had to double team the best interior defender in the league all night which doesn’t help.

I feel like in years past it was these quick release guys that have owned the Ravens at times. Dalton, Rivers...

Browns put up a good fight in week 17 last year. I expect a close game.

Yep...They did a lot of RPO type stuff...He threw a lot of quick slants instead of handing the ball off.

This is likely the adjustment by Cle.  

There was a play late in the game where it was 3rd and 10 and they showed all the WR (4 or 5 of them) running go routes.  They were like 25-35 yards down the field.  Of course, Baker got sacked by Donald.  You expect them to start to run quicker routes...get the ball out faster, etc..

As you said, that has given the Ravens trouble over the years.

@BSLRobShields

#6 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:46 PM

The schedule this year is immensely favorable to the Ravens.  They will never come off of a road loss, like Sunday, and have to play another road game.  They will always be in a position for a bounce back at home.  They need to take advantage of that.  Now the opposite is also true.  If they lose at home, there is no recovery in the next game at home because it will be on the road.  Where this could be a possible problem is playing on the road at Seattle, home vs NE, then on the road at Cincinnati.  That sets itself up for two losses in a row, possibly 3 if they stumble at Cincy.  Although the schedule is favorable there as well.  They could have gotten somebody like the Rams after NE and really set themselves up for a losing streak.  That said, Sunday is critical.  The Browns may be a second half of the season team this year as they are still trying to figure things out early.  Can't lose at home and let them be tied with you in a weak division and have to play them later in the year at their place.  Lose this game and you open the division right back up to them.  

#7 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:19 AM

Ravens are 5th in DVOA.  3rd in offense, 2nd in ST and 19th in defense.

Cleveland is 17th.  28th in offense, 8th in defense and 3rd in ST.

@BSLRobShields

#8 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:30 PM

This game is worrying me more and more.
@BSLRobShields

#9 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,729 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

This game is worrying me more and more.

For me, that's always been the case. They will be up for this game in a big way. And while we scored, a far lesser defense in KC put on tape a number of ways our offense can be slowed down.
  • BSLRobShields likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#10 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:54 PM

For me, that's always been the case. They will be up for this game in a big way. And while we scored, a far lesser defense in KC put on tape a number of ways our offense can be slowed down.

I’m worried about their offense too.

All this Baker is overrated stuff...I think they do more max protect stuff and our secondaries communication issues just isn’t what you want going into playing OBJ.
@BSLRobShields

#11 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:57 PM

https://twitter.com/...3686836224?s=21

https://twitter.com/...8351580161?s=21
@BSLRobShields

#12 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:04 PM

This is what I’m talking about...

Jake Trotter:

Baker on Rex Ryan saying he’s “overrated as hell”: “it’s whatever. ... if you don’t wear orange and brown you don’t matter, and Rex Ryan doesn’t have any colors right now for a reason.”
@BSLRobShields

#13 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,729 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:48 PM

I’m worried about their offense too.

All this Baker is overrated stuff...I think they do more max protect stuff and our secondaries communication issues just isn’t what you want going into playing OBJ.

Yeah me too. Though Baker is a prick and overrated. Doesn't mean he won't have big games. I do think our defense can give help on OBJ if they do max protect stuff.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#14 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

Cleveland does have a lot of injuries in their secondary.
@BSLRobShields

#15 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:26 PM

The Ravens are winning Sunday and are taking control of the division.  Now, that is an optimistic opinion.

@mikeghg

#16 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:32 PM

This game will be one that if they look bad I'll be concerned. This is two consecutive weeks now of blown defensive coverages. Have to tighten that up. 

I'm actually a bit worried about the run. We saw a lot of edge integrity lost and a lot of guys not stay true to their principles and assignments in the KC game. I expect Cle and Chubb to try and attack on the ground in similar ways to see if we adjusted back. 

I think the game sped back up a bit last week for Lamar, too. I care more about how he bounces back at home against a divisional opponent where you're more familiar than I was about how he would perform in the KC game (though I was disappointed in his first half). 

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:43 AM

This game will be one that if they look bad I'll be concerned. This is two consecutive weeks now of blown defensive coverages. Have to tighten that up. 

I'm actually a bit worried about the run. We saw a lot of edge integrity lost and a lot of guys not stay true to their principles and assignments in the KC game. I expect Cle and Chubb to try and attack on the ground in similar ways to see if we adjusted back. 

I think the game sped back up a bit last week for Lamar, too. I care more about how he bounces back at home against a divisional opponent where you're more familiar than I was about how he would perform in the KC game (though I was disappointed in his first half). 

I have watched the KC game 3 times now, and I think you nailed the problem.  Everyone is worrying about the pass rush, which in my opinion has been okay, but where we miss Suggs is setting the edge.  The final drive, was glaring.  Where were the backers.

Harbs kicked Bowser and Williams square in the ass this week.  We will see if they respond.

@mikeghg

#18 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:02 AM

Harbs kicked Bowser and Williams square in the ass this week.  We will see if they respond.

He's gotta let them play though. If you give Bowser what like 13 snaps? He had the deflection on the one screen, perhaps his awareness and athleticism would have been nice on the other screens. Ferguson gets 9 snaps and really doesn't look great. 

Wink's a bright guy but I really do not love how the Raven execute their personnel defensively. 

#19 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,686 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

Can’t overwork McPhee.

But Williams and Bowser have to show themselves in practice.

The team isn’t just saying, well we know you are good but we don’t want to play you.
@BSLRobShields

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

He's gotta let them play though. If you give Bowser what like 13 snaps? He had the deflection on the one screen, perhaps his awareness and athleticism would have been nice on the other screens. Ferguson gets 9 snaps and really doesn't look great. 

Wink's a bright guy but I really do not love how the Raven execute their personnel defensively. 

Yep, could not agree more.    

Harbs is clearly down on Bowser and Williams, but I am at the point, let's give more run to see if they make plays with more reps.

My laugh of the week, is how Cerrato on 105.7 was killing Ferguson.  He has had 9 reps in 3 games.  Not sure how you expect much with only 9 snaps.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners