#161 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,246 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:49 PM

Yep, I agree with this. If they think he's going to drop off, it would make sense to try to trade him to a team that doesn't feel that way. I think he was playing hurt in 2018, so his poor year doesn't worry me too much, but Sig would know better than I would.

I think Trey is a 2-2.5 win player where he puts up an 780-825 OPS in any given year.

He has value. He’s a good player.

But he’s not a core guy. He’s more of a #6 hitter who doesn’t give you a ton of value outside of his hit tool.

I wouldn’t want to pay that player 10M a year unless he was 22 years old and still had room to grow.
@BSLRobShields

#162 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,313 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

You are trying to think about something that doesn’t matter.

It’s very simple. I think his value is higher now than it ever will be. I don’t think he’s nearly as good as he showed last year.

I would rather see him dealt than see if I’m wrong. The odds are saying I’m right because at his age (peak age historically), he put up a season he has never come close to since being drafted.

So, on a team that will lose 100+ games with or without him, I would rather go with the odds and trade him now.

I don’t get why you are trying to make this into something that doesn’t need to be talked about. It’s a very simple thought process.

I guess because my larger point I was trying to be nice about was that it's your opinion. You are not the only one with them, and other people's are just as valuable. You make a good point here, and that's your take, it's cool.

I personally would rather risk the 1 year loss of trade value to have a better overall picture of the roster and his performance next year, and that should be fine too.

@JeremyMStrain

#163 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,246 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:17 PM

I guess because my larger point I was trying to be nice about was that it's your opinion. You are not the only one with them, and other people's are just as valuable. You make a good point here, and that's your take, it's cool.

I personally would rather risk the 1 year loss of trade value to have a better overall picture of the roster and his performance next year, and that should be fine too.

Yes it’s my opinion.

So what?

I never said others weren’t valuable.

Again, stop trying to turn this into something it’s not.

I don’t see what you think you are going to find out in a year.

Let’s say everyone sucks or gets hurt that we think steps in for Trey. What then?

You keep him? Why? If that happens, the team isn’t going to be good anyway.

What exactly do you think is going to happen?
@BSLRobShields

#164 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,030 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:35 AM

PressBox: After Career Year, Is Trey Mancini A Building Block Or Trade Chip For Orioles?
https://www.pressbox...hip-for-orioles

#165 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,916 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:38 AM

With Rendon signing in LAA....feels like Mancini is a good move for them.

Jump on Donaldson and trade for Mancini and they are back in the saddle. 

#166 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,246 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

Don’t know that trading Mancini to the Angels is good for the Os though.
@BSLRobShields

#167 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,135 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:42 AM

I feel like a team may give us what we want for Mancini after they get shut out of the free agent/trade pool (Ozuna, Donaldson, Castellanos, Bryant, Puig, etc). Phillies, Rangers, Indians, Diamondbacks, Cardinals?

#168 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,916 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:13 PM

Don’t know that trading Mancini to the Angels is good for the Os though.

My bad, it was late, the 'them' I was referring to was the Nats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners