BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,427 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

Should still be 4-1 after 5 games.

Never thought a win today was happening. At least they made it a game and slowed Mahomes down in the second half.
@BSLRobShields

#362 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

I’ll blame Jefferson.

#363 mdrunning

mdrunning

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

What a pathetic performance

Still wish the Ravens had pulled the starters after the third quarter?

#364 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

Outplayed on offense, outplayed on defense, and outcoached at every level.

The Ravens got exposed today. This is not a Super Bowl contender right now.

#365 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

Still wish the Ravens had pulled the starters after the third quarter?

Considering they still lost, still played like garbage, and almost got their starting quarterback killed on a ridiculously stupid two-point conversion, yes.

#366 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,683 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:20 PM

Well that sucked but we never expected to win. Just handle business at home next weekend. KC should be in AFCCG so no problem losing to them at home at all.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#367 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,683 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

Harbaugh’s decisions were awful but I get the strategy. Have to score as many points as possible.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#368 mdrunning

mdrunning

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:22 PM

Kansas City's offense is championship-caliber, but I'm not so sure about their defense.

#369 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 932 posts

They better get their collective heads out of their ass or else Cleveland's going to leave Baltimore with a win next week. 

#370 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,427 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Considering they still lost, still played like garbage, and almost got their starting quarterback killed on a ridiculously stupid two-point conversion, yes.

This is just dumb.
@BSLRobShields

#371 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,427 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:23 PM

Hopefully Cleveland and Pitt lose today.

Then handle the division games the next few weeks. (Especially next week since it’s at home)
@BSLRobShields

#372 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:25 PM

Hopefully Cleveland and Pitt lose today.

Then handle the division games the next few weeks. (Especially next week since it’s at home)

Pitt game on the road in between Cle and Cin at home.  I think they *can* win all 3.  

@fuzydunlop

#373 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:25 PM

This is just dumb.

The standard for "dumb" has been raised so high by Harbaugh's 2 point conversion decisions that my statement barely qualifies.

#374 cprenegade

cprenegade

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:27 PM

From last year to this year:  Offense has improved, no longer as limited, they finally have some play makers.  Jackson is still inconsistent.  He makes some highlight reel plays, but still misses some throws that have to be made.  But he has improved.  The defense is surprisingly a big concern.  They are not as good as I thought and nowhere near what they were in the playoff game against the Chargers.  They look slow.  I know KC is a fast team, but I felt that way at times in the two previous games.  They made Maholmes look uncomfortable last year.  I never got that sense this year.  I think their losses over the off season are hurting more than anyone thought, and the additions don't look nearly as good as thought.  Defense isn't going to keep the Ravens in games anymore against decent teams, offense is going to have to get it done.  No excuse for Harbuagh's coaching today.  That was a pathetic display by a veteran NFL head coach.  

If I'm a KC fan, I have to feel like I've got the 2nd best team in football.  Unfortunately, I also have to realize the best team in football plays in the same conference.  KC can go toe to toe on offense with NE, but NE will outplay them on defense.  

#375 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,427 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

Pitt game on the road in between Cle and Cin at home. I think they *can* win all 3.

They should win all of them. This is coming from someone who thought they would be 7-9 this year and so far, the record is what I thought it would be.

Of course, the injury to Ben and how poor Cle has looked so far had changed some things.
@BSLRobShields

#376 JStruds

JStruds
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:33 PM

Got to find one bright spot. So the combination of Ingram and Edwards is it. Both looked real strong today; hope to see lots more of that.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#377 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,427 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:38 PM

Jeff Z:

Jackson said Chiefs were rolling coverages and doing some cover-2. Blanes himself for not executing.
@BSLRobShields

#378 mdrunning

mdrunning

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:39 PM

From last year to this year:  Offense has improved, no longer as limited, they finally have some play makers.  Jackson is still inconsistent.  He makes some highlight reel plays, but still misses some throws that have to be made.  But he has improved.  The defense is surprisingly a big concern.  They are not as good as I thought and nowhere near what they were in the playoff game against the Chargers.  They look slow.  I know KC is a fast team, but I felt that way at times in the two previous games.  They made Maholmes look uncomfortable last year.  I never got that sense this year.  I think their losses over the off season are hurting more than anyone thought, and the additions don't look nearly as good as thought.  Defense isn't going to keep the Ravens in games anymore against decent teams, offense is going to have to get it done.  No excuse for Harbuagh's coaching today.  That was a pathetic display by a veteran NFL head coach.  

If I'm a KC fan, I have to feel like I've got the 2nd best team in football.  Unfortunately, I also have to realize the best team in football plays in the same conference.  KC can go toe to toe on offense with NE, but NE will outplay them on defense.  

Other than the sack by Judon on the opening series, I can't recall the Ravens getting to Mahomes at all the rest of the game. I don't even remember him being hurried very much. Without pressure, you can have a secondary full Jalen Ramseys and someone will eventually get open.

• cprenegade likes this

#379 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:39 PM

Got to find one bright spot. So the combination of Ingram and Edwards is it. Both looked real strong today; hope to see lots more of that.

We SHOULD have seen A LOT more of it TODAY.  I thought Roman was going to be different but he was definitely bringing out the ghost of Marty Ball today.  Same old bullshit, same old results. 

• JStruds likes this

#380 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:12 PM

We SHOULD have seen A LOT more of it TODAY. I thought Roman was going to be different but he was definitely bringing out the ghost of Marty Ball today. Same old bullshit, same old results.

I'm hoping today was a wake up call. As much as Lamar has improved, he's not Brady or Mahomes. He can't sit back and throw 40+ times a game and get great results. Start with the run, get it going, then start opening the playbook as you get the other team stepping up.
  • JStruds likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners