277 replies to this topic

#21 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:01 AM

If he wasn't playing there would have been a roster move and Canady would be up. I'm even a little surprised that didn't happen any way just in case something happens in game. I guess you can go with Bethel and Jones in slot positions but two injuries at CB and you're in trouble in a hurry against a team that's regularly going 4-wide and their best WR often splits inside. 

#22 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

Only player missing from practice today was Jimmy Smith. Glad to hear that. 

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,215 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

Only player missing from practice today was Jimmy Smith. Glad to hear that. 

Yep,  can not lose Humphrey and Carr for this week.

@mikeghg

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,849 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:58 AM

Balt Sun: Preston’s preview: Key matchup, what’s at stake for Ravens vs. Cardinals, plus what’s on the radar in Week 2

#25 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:33 AM

Things I'm watching for Sunday:

1. What does the dime package look like against 4 WRs. With Crabtree sounding like he's going to play and with only 3 main CBs, will we see them on the field together a lot? Is the other spot a S or is it Bethel/Jones? 

2. Can they get home against fewer blockers and with a limited rush? Somewhat difference questions, if Wink dials up a great game to confuse Murray even without guys winning on the pass rush it could be a long day. But alternately, can guys continue to win? Bowser/Williams were pretty solid last week. Can they build or improve on that, can they just win on their own? I expect us to throw the kitchen sink at Murray but would still like to see guys win one on one battles. 

3. What is the offensive game plan? Roman has talked about taking what they give them. The Dolphins crowded the box, brought a lot of guys on the rush. They really tried to make the team pay at the LOS but they seemed overly committed to stopping the Lamar run. Does Arizona give a little bit of leeway there? Do we see Lamar make Arizona pay on the ground if it's there and put some more dynamic running on film or do you just keep taking what you get? 

#26 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:37 AM

Things I'm watching for Sunday:

1. What does the dime package look like against 4 WRs. With Crabtree sounding like he's going to play and with only 3 main CBs, will we see them on the field together a lot? Is the other spot a S or is it Bethel/Jones?

2. Can they get home against fewer blockers and with a limited rush? Somewhat difference questions, if Wink dials up a great game to confuse Murray even without guys winning on the pass rush it could be a long day. But alternately, can guys continue to win? Bowser/Williams were pretty solid last week. Can they build or improve on that, can they just win on their own? I expect us to throw the kitchen sink at Murray but would still like to see guys win one on one battles.

3. What is the offensive game plan? Roman has talked about taking what they give them. The Dolphins crowded the box, brought a lot of guys on the rush. They really tried to make the team pay at the LOS but they seemed overly committed to stopping the Lamar run. Does Arizona give a little bit of leeway there? Do we see Lamar make Arizona pay on the ground if it's there and put some more dynamic running on film or do you just keep taking what you get?

1. It will definitely be interesting. I expect a decent bit of zone blitz type coverages. Levine will be on the field a lot.

2. Wink has proven enough to me that I'm not worried about his game plan. I fully expect to be in Murray's face all game. My worry is the ability to end the play when we get there. If someone gets home and misses, Murray can make you pay big time.

3. My guess is, teams aren't going to back off based on one game. Lamar is going to have to prove it every week for a while. I know if I'm planning for the Ravens, I'm still going to make Lamar beat us with his arm. I'm still loading the box and making you prove Miami wasn't a fluke.
  • BSLJordanKough likes this

#27 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,705 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:05 PM

Hensley:

·
23m

Ravens’ game day info: -Ravens offense will be introduced, with QB Lamar Jackson coming out of tunnel last -Haloti Ngata will serve as the Ravens Legend of the Game -Ravens’ shield logo returns to midfield. (M&T Bank Stadium has not featured this since 2015)

• Mike B and BSLMikeRandall like this
@BSLRobShields

#28 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,298 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

Hensley:

·
23m

Ravens’ game day info: -Ravens offense will be introduced, with QB Lamar Jackson coming out of tunnel last -Haloti Ngata will serve as the Ravens Legend of the Game -Ravens’ shield logo returns to midfield. (M&T Bank Stadium has not featured this since 2015)

Yes! Love the shield logo!
@BSLMikeRandall

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,215 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:23 PM

Hensley:

·
23m

Glad to see they returned the Shield to midfield

@mikeghg

#30 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,705 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:28 AM

Just saw that tomorrow will be the first home game for the Ravens where either Ray or Suggs aren’t playing.
  • NewMarketSean likes this
@BSLRobShields

#31 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:25 AM

Just saw that tomorrow will be the first home game for the Ravens where either Ray or Suggs aren’t playing.

They were talking about that on the radio. Also were talking about how the crowd hasn't been as energetic and loud since Ray retired.

They brought up a good point, if Lamar plays at a high level all season and turns the corner as a passer, he could be the only player that could possibly match the energy Ray brought into the stadium.

#32 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,705 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

I think that is largely bs though
@BSLRobShields

#33 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,215 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:04 PM

I tink winning and exciting plays brins energy from the crowd, so in that regard, Lamar has as muc cance as anyone to restore the roar..

@mikeghg

#34 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

I think that is largely bs though

I'm guessing you mean the crowd not being as loud or energetic. I couldn't tell you to be honest. I haven't noticed them being any less energetic or loud. But I'm not there every game like the media is.

#35 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,760 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:06 PM

I took it as, the crazy crowd had more to do with the fans than Ray or Lamar. The fans just want something to be truly excited about. Those first 15 years or so were just total jubilation for competitive football, then they got used to it and wanted an exciting product. We may finally have both.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#36 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,705 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:59 PM

When Ray was here, we usually had better teams and made the playoffs more often.

There also wasn’t the technology available that is today, which keeps more people at home.

It’s a bs default opinion. I believe they have done decibel readings at the stadium that read as high as most stadiums

It’s just a talking point people lean on when discussing Ray,
@BSLRobShields

#37 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,978 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:53 AM

That’s insane.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#38 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,865 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

When either aren't on the team.

Plenty of games where neither played due to injuries.

#39 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,705 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

Jeff Z:

Ravens inactives: QB Trace McSorley, WR Jaleel Scott, OL Ben Powers, DL Daylon Mack OLB Jaylon Ferguson, ILB Otaro Alaka, CB Jimmy Smith.
@BSLRobShields

#40 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,599 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:45 AM

I'm far more anxious about this game than last week's, despite Arizona being fairly awful and it being home. Something about Suggs return

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners