#263 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

Pitt is going to lose and we need to see what’s wrong with Big Ben

Meh. I'm more worried about Rudolph. We know Ben sux and is nothing without his supporting cast. Rudolph is unknown and it's always those guys that give the Ravens a tough game for some reason. Charlie Batch, Mike Vick, Byron Leftwich, etc...

@BSLMikeRandall

#264 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,640 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

Meh. I'm more worried about Rudolph. We know Ben sux and is nothing without his supporting cast. Rudolph is unknown and it's always those guys that give the Ravens a tough game for some reason. Charlie Batch, Mike Vick, Byron Leftwich, etc...

Rudolph is probably nothing and Ben is a HOF.   Huge if he's out.   But even if he is, they will be typical division rivalry games where anything can happen. But over course of a year, would definitely impact the division. 

#265 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

Pitt is going to lose and we need to see what’s wrong with Big Ben

I'm more worried about KC this week. Our DBs needed this wake up call. A rookie, running a college offense, just dropped 350+ on them and made this game closer than it should have been.

Without Hill, KC isn't near as good offensively. But they're still a top offense.

#266 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

Rudolph is probably nothing and Ben is a HOF.   Huge if he's out.   But even if he is, they will be typical division rivalry games where anything can happen. But over course of a year, would definitely impact the division. 

I know. I just hate him. He'll probably be in a wheelchair for his elbow injury, then play next week so the media can slobber all over how tough he is. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#267 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

Lamar is the first QB in NFL History to throw for 270+ and run for 120+. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#268 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,640 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

I know. I just hate him. He'll probably be in a wheelchair for his elbow injury, then play next week so the media can slobber all over how tough he is. 

Yeah, that part gets old.  Seems to happen a lot with him. 

I think he's somewhat under rated in this era, because of how people feel about him.

#269 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:00 PM

Lamar is the first QB in NFL History to throw for 270+ and run for 120+.

The way he has looked, this may be a season of a lot of firsts for Lamar.

I'm curious to see him when he is down. He's had the lead in both games so far. I'd imagine next week we'll get to see how he plays from behind.

In college, that's where he struggled. When he got down he started pressing and trying to do too much. Then he made mistakes.

#270 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,652 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:05 PM

I'm more worried about KC this week. Our DBs needed this wake up call. A rookie, running a college offense, just dropped 350+ on them and made this game closer than it should have been.

Without Hill, KC isn't near as good offensively. But they're still a top offense.

Ravens aren’t likely to win that game.

Playing with house money next week.

Show well. That’s what I want to see.
@BSLRobShields

#271 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:31 PM

Basically how I feel. Next week I'm basically chalking up to the loss column. Should be a good barometer of where we really stand amongst the real contenders. Just hoping we're competitive the whole game. Coming out with a W would be a huge bonus.

#272 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,704 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:48 PM

Was at the game so didn't have the commentary... what was the deal on that Hollywood reception they blew dead where he ended up breaking the tackle? Only two guys on him, way premature IMO.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#273 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,640 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

Was at the game so didn't have the commentary... what was the deal on that Hollywood reception they blew dead where he ended up breaking the tackle? Only two guys on him, way premature IMO.

They didn't spend much time on it. Just said play blown dead. Definitely a rule I don't care for. 

• Ricker Says likes this

#274 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:24 PM

They didn't spend much time on it. Just said play blown dead. Definitely a rule I don't care for. 

Do remember Carter saying on the broadcast that while Brown wanted the play extended, extending it could lead to a linebacker taking his head off while he's being held up. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#275 ivanbalt

ivanbalt
  • Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:02 AM

KC absolutely destroyed Oakland's secondary in the 2nd qtr without Hill.

#276 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:07 AM

KC absolutely destroyed Oakland's secondary in the 2nd qtr without Hill.

Hence why I said they're still a top offense without him.... unless you're suggesting Hill doesn't make them any better.

#277 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:38 AM

Basically how I feel. Next week I'm basically chalking up to the loss column. Should be a good barometer of where we really stand amongst the real contenders. Just hoping we're competitive the whole game. Coming out with a W would be a huge bonus.

Well that makes three of us that feel the same way, although I'm totally opened to being shocked though. :cool: 

#278 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,052 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:55 AM

I agree, the Ravens are up against it against KC, their home opener, loud crowd, but I say, show up, give it hell and see where it takes us.

I think the Ravens are good, and I also think, there are some who are waiting for a loss so they can say otherwise, but who cares that is what sports are about.  

I think Lamar gives us the punchers chance.  I will say it, I think the kid is special, and I was one who at the end of the year, last year was worried about him, beating teams in the air.

He showed me a few thingts yesterday, make me even more convinced the futyure is bright and the Ravens are an offensive force that is going to get better.

1.  The throw, to Brown, that proved to be the dagger.  Simply put,  BIG TIME.

2.  The recognition of the stacked box and he repeatedly, pulled the ball, and made the Cardinals pay, by out running the backers to the edge.  Lamar on a linebacker, = a mismatch.

3.  Leadership.  There was a play where Boykin, flattened his route instead of continuing through as Lamar rolled away from pressure.  From the upper deck, he seemed to let Boykin, know what he expected.  Good for him.  On the field he is the boss.

4.  Accuracy.  He missed a couple of throws, but for the most part he was again excellent.

Give them hell kid....onto KC.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners