198 replies to this topic

#21 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,425 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:41 PM

I'm not a gambler, but Ravens -6.5 seems like a pretty enticing line.  

This is the one thing that concerns me. Apparently when this number pushes to -7, the sharps in Vegas buy it all up to push it back down. 

Hot Miami days, miscommunication on the road. Really explosive plays going the wrong way because of that is really the recipe to a loss. But those things are all fixable and will get better in time. Week 1 on the road, in really hot heat, feels like the time we could be the most susceptible to being victim to it. 

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 121,885 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

I'm not amped up like I was for the SD (both) and KC games last year but I am pretty amped up for Sunday. How is it only Friday??

I think it's going to be a rough day for Miami, I think we're going to get off to a fast start, the defense is going to confuse a bandaged together offensive line, and they aren't going to be able to slow down our run game at all. 

LA... you live in the City lol. 

You want to knock out Miami quickly, and not allow them to think they can hang.

95 and humid. That will be a change for the Ravens. 

#23 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,490 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:23 PM

You want to knock out Miami quickly, and not allow them to think they can hang.

95 and humid. That will be a change for the Ravens. 

It would be a change if it were a game mid-season. But it's the opener, the Ravens have basically been practicing in those conditions a couple months now.

Weather won't be an excuse at all, IMO. Look to something else, if they look like crap.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 121,885 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

It would be a change if it were a game mid-season. But it's the opener, the Ravens have basically been practicing in those conditions a couple months now.

Weather won't be an excuse at all, IMO. Look to something else, if they look like crap.

It hasn't been particularly hot here the last 2-3 weeks. It definitely hasn't been that hot.

Because it's Week 1, it's more of an issue.  Guys aren't used to playing a full game, easy to cramp up, going longer reps and harder. 

They aren't losing Sunday.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they look great. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they make typical Week 1 mistakes (penalties, sloppy, etc) and that keeps Miami in the game. 

Either way, Ravens win. 

#25 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,490 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:29 PM

I don't buy weather/too hot as a factor whatsoever. They are still used to it enough, IMO. But yeah, agree - they should fare well. I'm excited. Ready to roll. Glad to have a day of college ball to hold me over tomorrow. Some good games on that slate as well.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#26 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,425 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:42 PM

I don't live in San Diego? ;) I swear I won't get that right. 

As for the weather, isn't Miami one of those places where they let their guys sit the shade and the opponents are in the sun? I think that's what the new San Fran stadium does, too. I agree, it's not an excuse in and of itself. But I think if the team wears down late and it's close and one fluke play happens it easily could be chalked up to not being ready for the heat. 

And it's not so much the Ravens are less prepared than Miami, it's more than something out of place happens and the extra step slow from a guy or two costs us in that situation. Football is so situational now...

• cprenegade likes this

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 121,885 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Who’s Playing, Who’s Not at Miami Dolphins
https://www.baltimor...-miami-dolphins

#28 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:12 PM

I don't live in San Diego? ;) I swear I won't get that right. 

As for the weather, isn't Miami one of those places where they let their guys sit the shade and the opponents are in the sun? I think that's what the new San Fran stadium does, too. I agree, it's not an excuse in and of itself. But I think if the team wears down late and it's close and one fluke play happens it easily could be chalked up to not being ready for the heat. 

And it's not so much the Ravens are less prepared than Miami, it's more than something out of place happens and the extra step slow from a guy or two costs us in that situation. Football is so situational now...

With temperatures near 90 I also expect Miami will wear their white uniforms and make the Ravens wear their dark jerseys.  Just a little added heat.  

#29 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:34 PM

With temperatures near 90 I also expect Miami will wear their white uniforms and make the Ravens wear their dark jerseys.  Just a little added heat.  

Ravens are wearing purple

#30 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,814 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

With temperatures near 90 I also expect Miami will wear their white uniforms and make the Ravens wear their dark jerseys. Just a little added heat.

Doesn’t Miami wear white at home normally?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#31 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:13 PM

Doesn’t Miami wear white at home normally?

Probably during the early part of the season.  But I do remember them in playoff games, years ago, with Marino in the Aqua jersey.  

#32 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:15 PM

Ravens are wearing purple

That's what I meant, but given that they have black jerseys I guess it could be taken the wrong way.  

#33 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:25 AM

You do wonder how the heat will effect the actives/inactives.

Barring injuries, you figure all 5 DL will be active every week, especially a hot week like this one.

They won't likely activate all 9 OL...Probably will have 8 of them active.

Figure all 3 RB and all 3 TE will be active.  

Probably only 2 of the QBs.

I would think the guys you kept solely for ST would be active.

Probably 1 WR will be inactive..likely Scott or Roberts (if Roberts still isn't 100%).

So, that's 3..who are the other 4?

Maybe one of the safeties?  Olaka is probably inactive as well.  Ferguson?

#34 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:22 AM

This has "trap game" written all over it.  I'm not one of those people who's expecting a blow out.  Not unless Fitzpatrick has one of those games where he's turning the ball over constantly.  I expect a lower scoring game in the heat and if the Ravens can escape with a 17-13 victory(or something similar), I'll be content.  Just get the win and head home. 

#35 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:46 AM

This has "trap game" written all over it. I'm not one of those people who's expecting a blow out. Not unless Fitzpatrick has one of those games where he's turning the ball over constantly. I expect a lower scoring game in the heat and if the Ravens can escape with a 17-13 victory(or something similar), I'll be content. Just get the win and head home.

When it’s a trap game, it usually means it’s because you are looking past your opponent for the one you face next week.

You think the Ravens are looking past Miami for Arizona?

If the Ravens play really well today and Arizona doesn’t look great, I think you could be worried about next week being a trap game.

#36 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,529 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

The Ravens always play great week 1. Harbaugh is clearly great at gearing up for the season. Week 2 is a different story but I think we trounce the Dolphins today.

34-10 Ravens

#37 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:22 AM

Brown, Carr, Ricard listed as questionable today. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:34 AM

Jeff Z:

Ravens inactives: QB Trace McSorley, OL Greg Senat, OL Ben Powers, WR Jaleel Scott, ILB Otaro Alaka, DT Daylon Mack, OLB Jaylon Ferguson.

Surprised to see Powers and Mack out.

#39 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:55 AM

The Dolphins are barely an NFL caliber team.  But they are an NFL team.  The quality between the worst team in the league and the best is not the same as it is in college.  But in this case, even though the Ravens aren't the best team in the league, Miami is the worst team in the league by a long shot.  If Miami somehow would win this game, I would still say they could lose the next 15.  The Ravens should win this game easily.  If they don't it says more about them than it does Miami.  

#40 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:55 AM

Let’s go already!!!!
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users