2489 replies to this topic

#541 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,263 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

I think you guys are underestimating Ingram.  I think he'd be a significant upgrade for us at RB.  Far better than Dixon and Edwards, and you still have those guys as well.  We'd be much better off with him in the RB mix.  

Fair to question if adding him to that mix is worth $7M APY or whatever it is that gets him.  But adding him is clearly a significant upgrade to the position, IMO.

To expand on this:

In 2018 Ingram had the same Y/A as Zeke Elliot

In 2017 Ingram had the same Y/A as Kareem Hunt

In 2016 Ingram had the same Y/A as Zeke Elliot

In 2015 Ingram had the same Y/A as David Johnson

In 2014 Ingram had the same Y/A as Frank Gore

He is 5th among active players (min 750 attempts) in career Y/A.  3rd if I throw out Jamaal Charles as being retired and Cam Newton as being a QB.  Trailing only Peterson and Zeke.  Ahead of guys like Bell and Gurley and everybody else.

His age is certainly a red flag.  A 30 y/o RB can fall off at any time.  But we've seen a few more guys in recent years continue to perform past that age.

• Hooded Viper, BSLJordanKough and BSLMikeRandall like this

#542 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:12 PM

But he still isn’t the type of game changing talent we need.

He isn’t much different, skill set wise, to what we have.

If we didn’t have Edwards and/or Dixon, I would be ok with it providing that the salary wasn’t too high.

#543 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

LaCanfora doesn't think they are in on Bell.

Something doesnt seem right. Wouldnt be surprised if this is true. Bell has the Jets bidding against themselves.

#544 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

If we didn’t have Edwards and/or Dixon, I would be ok with it providing that the salary wasn’t too high.

But how do you feel about Bell? 

I feel like a guy with hole-finding patience like his will absolutely thrive in this offense. But maybe I'm overthinking it. 

#545 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:32 PM

But how do you feel about Bell?

I feel like a guy with hole-finding patience like his will absolutely thrive in this offense. But maybe I'm overthinking it.

I am never for spending big money on a RB and I’m not sure his style works for us.

That being said, he is (assuming there is no drop off from the missed season) an elite talent and having elite talents is huge for winning. I wouldn’t hate it because of that but I would be holding my breath that he didn’t lose anything from the missed season.

#546 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,540 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:48 PM

His pass catching would serve Lamar well. His patient running style, not a great fit for our line.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#547 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

Best contract so far is what Amos got. Ravens should have been in on that.
  • Mike B likes this

#548 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

I think the Ravens will be patient and wait a day or so and then try to offset the bloodbath that went on in the last 24 hours.  I don't see them spending big $$$ on Bell.  I also am not sure they will spend enough to get Ingram.

Today was as bad as it can get IMO, in loss of good players.  Let's see if Decosta, has Ozzie's patience and makes up for the losses, in day 2, 3 and 4 in free agency.

@mikeghg

#549 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

Best contract so far is what Amos got. Ravens should have been in on that.

Yea, I was surprised.  4/36, to me very doable for a true free safety.

@mikeghg

#550 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

CJ and Zadarius,  combined 33 million dollars a year......that is crazy money.

I think CJ is a lot better than most on here give him credit for by 17 million average and 51 million guarantee.   Damn, congrats CJ and see you.

@mikeghg

#551 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Evan Silva:

ESPN's Dianna Russini said on NFL Live that "most GMs" around NFL believe offers to free agent Le'Veon Bell are "coming in around $11-12 million" per year, and that's obviously well short of what Bell wants.

#552 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

Evan Silva:

ESPN's Dianna Russini said on NFL Live that "most GMs" around NFL believe offers to free agent Le'Veon Bell are "coming in around $11-12 million" per year, and that's obviously well short of what Bell wants.

I think Bell sitting out all year soured some....I still do not see him signing with the Ravens, but at that price tag, it becomes more likely.

@mikeghg

#553 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

I don't know what you are defining as "game changing", but aside from maybe getting that from a rookie like Jacobs who might be well off the board, the elite talent is not available unless you want to pay Bell.

His skill set is different than Edwards and Dixon. He can catch the ball well and he is quicker/more explosive even at age 30. 

I wouldn't break the bank for him, but he is clearly still a very capable RB and would be a pretty significant upgrade over the RBs currently on the roster. 

@gabefergy

#554 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:29 PM

FWIW since coming into the league in 2013: 

Le'Veon Bell:

Att     Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec  Yds TD Y/R Lng

1229 5336 35 4.3  81  312 2660  7   8.5  48

Mark Ingram: 

Att     Yds  TD Y/A  Lng Rec Yds TD  Y/R  Lng

1043 4931 40  4.7  75   211 1523 5    7.2   59

Total touches over their entire careers are almost identical. Bell clearly has done more work as a pass-catcher and is more dynamic in that area, but Ingram looks like the better runner and is no slouch as a pass-catcher.

@gabefergy

#555 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

I don't know what you are defining as "game changing", but aside from maybe getting that from a rookie like Jacobs who might be well off the board, the elite talent is not available unless you want to pay Bell.

His skill set is different than Edwards and Dixon. He can catch the ball well and he is quicker/more explosive even at age 30. 

I wouldn't break the bank for him, but he is clearly still a very capable RB and would be a pretty significant upgrade over the RBs currently on the roster. 

He is still more of a between the tackles guy and yes, he can catch the ball but Dixon can as well and its not like he is an elite pass catching threat like Kamara, CMAc, etc...

He is largely a redundant player who is going to get 5-8M a year for 2-3 years.

Its a poor signing that doesn't advance us at all.

Now, if they know something about a guy like Dixon getting suspended or something like that, it makes more sense.

But otherwise, it just seems like a signing just to make one at a position that they need some more help at...but the help they need isn't a player with that skill set.

#556 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:31 PM

And Ingram is also leaving a team with an all time great QB, amazing passing game and a dynamic top 5 RB...The holes and things like that won't be quite the same.  

#557 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:32 PM

I think a lot of people on this board are missing something.  There is no fucking way Eric DeCosta wants to let this team fall back out of the playoffs, especially in his first year.  If he is thinking about taking the bullets from the fans to build a contender then so be it.  I just can't see SB and Harbs going for a "rebuild".  We went 4 years without a playoff team and attendance is way down.  He wants to win and win now, as does his owner and head coach.  If he fucks this up it aint gonna be pretty IMO.

#558 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

Rapoport:

Source: Former #Broncos C Matt Paradis agreed to terms with the #Panthers on a 3-year deal worth $27.03M. Out of nowhere.

#559 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Ravens should have beaten the Paradis offer.  That is a missed opportunity.

They could have Amos and Paradis right now for fairly cheap deals.  

#560 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,704 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

We missed our chance to bring back Perriman. Re-signed with the Browns for $4 million.

$4 million?

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users