2489 replies to this topic

#521 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,606 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:18 PM

I know this happens every few years but it still sucks to lose so many players in a few days period.
  • BSLJordanKough likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#522 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Maybe, but if he doesn't and they let him go, they just spent over $6M for 1 year of a mediocre TE. I get that the flexibility is a good thing, but in the end it's a very minor difference.

Eh, you gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere. I'm not willing to draw it for a blocking TE. Shrug. Other people are. We don't all have to evaluate the same way. I just don't think I'm going to come around on this, no matter how many amazing blocks Boyle throws this year or how many guys he leaps (and I do love it when he does these things). 

I'd rather get Paradis and bring in a vet blocking TE that can grind for the minimum and use that extra money for the C. 

#523 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:24 PM

That's Akbar G (former NFL player and HOST OF AMERICAN GLADIATORS), and that post was from a couple of days ago. 

Apparently the Jets upped their offer (and got more free money after Barr turned them down), so I'm THINKING NYJ, but we'll see.

I've said Jets or Raiders all along. So wouldnt surprise me.

#524 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,454 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

Oh, I hadn’t seen Barr turned down the Jets.

Yea I think Bell goes to the Jets.

We might be stuck with a stupid Ingram signing.

#525 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

We'll see. I think Bell had picked the Ravens and jumped the gun in telling people he knew. Now the Jets got more money and made a last ditch effort that may be delaying Bell from announcing. My guess would be the Jets just offered him stupid money to change his mind.

#526 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

Agreed.   I'm not sure what he brings to the table at this point.

#527 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,454 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:38 PM

Josh Katzenstein(writer in NO):

The Ravens are currently the frontrunnner to sign Mark Ingram, per source.

#528 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,454 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:38 PM

I don't care what the contract is, any deal for Ingram irritates me. 

• clapdiddy likes this

#529 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,024 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

I think you guys are underestimating Ingram.  I think he'd be a significant upgrade for us at RB.  Far better than Dixon and Edwards, and you still have those guys as well.  We'd be much better off with him in the RB mix.  

Fair to question if adding him to that mix is worth $7M APY or whatever it is that gets him.  But adding him is clearly a significant upgrade to the position, IMO.

• BSLGabeFerguson and sandiegosean like this

#530 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,579 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

While the #Jets made a best and final offer to Le’Veon Bell, the #Ravens are still in it, as well, I’m told. And Bell has indicated to some friends around the league how much he likes Baltimore. It seems like Ravens vs. Jets for Bell at the end.

#531 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,454 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

I think you guys are underestimating Ingram.  I think he'd be a significant upgrade for us at RB.  Far better than Dixon and Edwards, and you still have those guys as well.  We'd be much better off with him in the RB mix.  

Fair to question if adding him to that mix is worth $7M APY or whatever it is that gets him.  But adding him is clearly a significant upgrade to the position, IMO.

But he doesn't do much different than what those guys do.  Even if he is better (and at his age, that's debatable because a dropoff could happen at anytime), he doesn't provide game changing talent, which is what the team needs back there.  All that will do is give us 3 similar RBs.  Its a stupid fit.

Not to mention the money and the idea that he already has a suspension hanging over him.

#532 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

Justin Houston would be a great guy to go after at this point. If you're gonna pay these prices, go after the legit, well established pass rusher. Idc if he's 30.

If Houston commands too much, Aaron Lynch is a name I'd look into who might come at a reasonable cost.

@Bmore_Irish

#533 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

Eh, you gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere. I'm not willing to draw it for a blocking TE. Shrug. Other people are. We don't all have to evaluate the same way. I just don't think I'm going to come around on this, no matter how many amazing blocks Boyle throws this year or how many guys he leaps (and I do love it when he does these things). 

I'd rather get Paradis and bring in a vet blocking TE that can grind for the minimum and use that extra money for the C. 

Considering they don't have to worry about money for Suggs, Moseley, etc, I would think there's money for a C. I personally think Boyle was paid too much,but since he's already here and been  in the system. I'd rather have him then a run of the mill blocking TE. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, but he was a big part of what they did last year.

#534 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,454 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

Some guy named Matt Verderame(NFL reporter at Fansided) posted this tweets:

According to multiple sources, Le'Veon Bell could end up making between $17-20 million annually from the #Jets, should he sign there. It's believed the deal would be at least a four-year deal with as much as $60 million guaranteed.

Indications are that Le'Veon Bell is closing in on a deal with the #Raiders, per source. However, deal is not finalized yet.

#535 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:47 PM

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

More

While the #Jets made a best and final offer to Le’Veon Bell, the #Ravens are still in it, as well, I’m told. And Bell has indicated to some friends around the league how much he likes Baltimore. It seems like Ravens vs. Jets for Bell at the end.

Looks like the chance to play Pitt twice a year is worth something to Bell. If it were all about money this would be a done deal for the Jets. I'm guessing Ingram is the plan B right now.

#536 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

Some guy named Matt Verderame(NFL reporter at Fansided) posted this tweets:

According to multiple sources, Le'Veon Bell could end up making between $17-20 million annually from the #Jets, should he sign there. It's believed the deal would be at least a four-year deal with as much as $60 million guaranteed.

Indications are that Le'Veon Bell is closing in on a deal with the #Raiders, per source. However, deal is not finalized yet.

A lot of misinformation going on. My guess is Bell's agent is stirring up the rumors as much as possible to up everyone's final offers.

#537 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

I'm mixed on bringing him here. On the one hand his talent can't be denied. On the other hand, what if we have the same situation Pitt has with him last year two years from now? Speaking as a non NFL player, I just have a problem with players who hold out. 

#538 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,074 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

I know that it's irrational, but screw it. I want Bell. Give me Bell. Gimmegimmegimme.

#539 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,454 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

LaCanfora doesn't think they are in on Bell.

#540 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,024 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

I know that it's irrational, but screw it. I want Bell. Give me Bell. Gimmegimmegimme.

Bell for $14M doesn't seems so crazy compared to $16.5M for ZDS or $17M for Mosley.  Or $7M for Ingram if that ends up being near his number (my own speculation).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners