2489 replies to this topic

#481 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

Mosley and Smith both hurt. Suggs, eh, whatever. Smith I feel is the next in line to leave the Ravens and then disappear after a big contract. Mosley hurts, only because we have no one at his level or close to replace him. And it leaves us thin at ILB. Bush at our first pick just became a real possibility if he's still there. If Devin White falls from the top 10 (which I highly doubt) I almost say make a play to trade up. Only because I truly believe he's the next Kuechly. (pipedream, I know.)

Overall I still don't feel too much different about our team next season. DeCosta made the moves over the past few months for a reason. He had a plan. Losing Mosley I feel is the only part that hasnt gone the way he wanted. But I feel like he has something brewing. If his plan is to let everyone walk and save the cap, consider myself worried about the DeCosta era.

#482 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

Might be a good idea to look into trading him if you can.   How would that affect the cap?  

Saves 9M

#483 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:24 AM

Preston Smith, Roger Saffold are two guys I'd be looking at right now, too. 

GB is signing him

#484 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:25 AM

I wonder if the Ravens will look into Justin Houston?

#485 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,438 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:14 AM

GB is signing him

They cornered the Smith market, I suppose, lol. 

#486 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,438 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:15 AM

But I feel like he has something brewing. If his plan is to let everyone walk and save the cap, consider myself worried about the DeCosta era.

I agree with the bolded and the statement after that. 

No reason to save $25 million in cap space but plenty of names still around to sign, too. 

#487 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:19 AM

There is a lot of Bell to Ravens stuff circling.

I think the only way he comes to Baltimore is if he takes less. money than somewhere else and since he has been all about the money, I don't see that happening.

#488 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

There is a lot of Bell to Ravens stuff circling.

I think the only way he comes to Baltimore is if he takes less. money than somewhere else and since he has been all about the money, I don't see that happening.

Just read that it's pretty much down to the Ravens, Texans, Jets and Bills. I'd imagine the Bills aren't a serious contender for him. They're rebuilding and the thought of living in Buffalo isn't exactly warming. Jets seemed to be wavering on him, so I'd bet money they didn't throw a max offer at him or he'd be gone already. So to be honest, I think the Ravens are a serious contender to sign him. Being able to shove it down Pittsburgh's throat twice a year would just be the icing on top.

#489 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:51 AM

I wonder if the Ravens will look into Justin Houston?

I'd love that move. Houston is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL when he's healthy.

#490 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:56 AM

Rappaport:

The #Lions are giving TE Jesse James a 4-year deal worth $25M, source said. He gets $11M fully guaranteed. Big payday for the former Steeler.

84 replies252 retweets807 likes

http://www.espn.com/...590/jesse-james

Gets more than Boyle.

#491 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,438 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:00 AM

But I thought Boyle was going to be the best TE to hit the FA market according to Schefter, lol. Zero chance Boyle was ever going to get this kind of money out there on the market. So by free market standards, that was all hot air to begin with. 

I've come to terms with his deal, still think we overpaid a bit, and still think the rumors about Boyle and other team's love affairs was a bit overblown. 

#492 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:03 AM

But I thought Boyle was going to be the best TE to hit the FA market according to Schefter, lol. Zero chance Boyle was ever going to get this kind of money out there on the market. So by free market standards, that was all hot air to begin with.

I've come to terms with his deal, still think we overpaid a bit, and still think the rumors about Boyle and other team's love affairs was a bit overblown.

I dont know. The way some teams are throwing cash around, it wouldnt have surprised me.

#493 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

Do you see anyone talking glowingly about James?

My point was that his stats aren't that good and he still got paid more than Boyle and he's not near the blocker Boyle is.

#494 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:08 AM

I say go get Thomas, Houston and bring in Tevin Coleman vs signing Bell. Keep our defense relevant and get a big play guy that can catch.

#495 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Remember that year in NBA free agency where the TV deals came through and suddenly everyone got insane contracts? I think it might have been 2014, 2015?

This feels like that.

#496 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:14 AM

Remember that year in NBA free agency where the TV deals came through and suddenly everyone got insane contracts? I think it might have been 2014, 2015?

This feels like that.

It amazes me that teams don't learn.  We are finally seeing it in baseball.  The other sports just haven't figured it out yet.

At least not everything is guaranteed in the NFL.

#497 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

I'm seeing Mark Ingram being linked to the Ravens. That sounds like a good fit, and much cheaper than Bell, I'd think.

#498 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

Saints just signed Latavious Murray.

Hope that doesn't mean Ingram is coming here.

#499 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

From Z Smiths agent:

Four years, $66 million, $20 million signing bonus. $34.5 million in first 2 years. Let's go, @TheRealZSmith! #LegendsLiveHere #GoPackGo

#500 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

BTW, there was some talk of extending Judon.

He is obviously going to see what these guys are getting.  Would any of you come even close to paying Judon what these guys are getting?

I sure wouldn't.  I don't think he is that good.  He is solid but not 12+M a year good.

I wouldn't want to pay Judon 7 figures. He's just not that good. 

Pierce, Stanley and maybe Peanut because you might be able to get him for cheap are the players I would be trying to extend right now. 

That would be my priority.

Maybe even Willie Henry, if you can get him for cheap.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users