2489 replies to this topic

#441 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:36 AM

That's about how I feel about it. Decosta is going to have to nail this draft though.

I was just about to post this. We can't miss this year. There are a lot of holes to fill now on offense and defense. Things just got a little scary.

#442 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:38 AM

That's about how I feel about it. Decosta is going to have to nail this draft though.

Yup...and the best move may be trading back.

#443 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,909 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:41 AM

Still have this weird feeling they are going to sign Bell...

I just have a hard time seeing them sign a guy that quit on his team and held out the entire year.  That's not exactly "playing like a Raven"

#444 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,924 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:45 AM

Bell to Raiders just seems like the obvious move.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#445 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:01 AM

Za'Darius to Green Bay.

#446 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,205 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:03 AM

Brian is saying if Smith eclipses 11M per year, he should be a 3rd round comp pick.

@BSLRobShields

#447 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,205 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:08 AM

Jeff Z:

Ravens talk all about drafting, developing and rewarding own. With Mosley leaving, they don't have a single player left from 2014 draft (Urban still could re-sign). Nick Boyle is only player left from 2015 draft (few current FAs from that group could resign).

@BSLRobShields

#448 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:08 AM

They have to spend and make a big splash now because a lot of holes are gonna be filled cheaply through the draft. They might as well sign Bell now.

#449 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:12 AM

I would cut Smith myself, but that's just me.

Why compound the losses on defense with another loss of a good player, for money they wont spend elsewhere?

#450 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

Mosley ain't worth what he got. That's unreal. I think most here knew if he got to the open market he'd get some team to throw stupid money at him.

With that said. DeCosta has his work cut out for him. A lot of holes to fill. And pieces to fill them are disappearing fast.

#451 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,205 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

They have to spend and make a big splash now because a lot of holes are gonna be filled cheaply through the draft. They might as well sign Bell now.

That's terrible thinking.

@BSLRobShields

#452 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,924 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:15 AM

Mosley ain't worth what he got. That's unreal. I think most here knew if he got to the open market he'd get some team to throw stupid money at him.

With that said. DeCosta has his work cut out for him. A lot of holes to fill. And pieces to fill them are disappearing fast.

Yeah was just about to say the same thing. Welcome to the GM position, Eric. Now go do your job.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#453 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,924 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:16 AM

With all the losses on defense, you need Lamar Jackson to become a real QB threat now.

You're not going to be winning the 20-13 games you were able to win with ease last year.

You need him to step up in a big way and I seriously wonder if he can.

#454 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,647 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:19 AM

Why compound the losses on defense with another loss of a good player, for money they wont spend elsewhere?

This isn't the Orioles.  If they cut a player for cap savings, they'll use the cap space somewhere else. 

I wouldn't even consider cutting Jimmy because I think he is far better than what $9M in cap space will buy us, but I'm not at all worried that they would cut him just to save money and let the cap space generated go unspent.

#455 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,647 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

Let's wait at least until free agency actually begins before panicking about what must need to happen now that we've lost Mosley.  I'm not worried at all about the state of the defense currently.  Bringing Suggs back was mostly for nostalgia and locker room leadership rather than anything on-field, and I was hoping they'd let Weddle and Mosley go, so nothing that has unfolded so far seems like the team's plan has gone off the rails.

#456 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:27 AM

Let's wait at least until free agency actually begins before panicking about what must need to happen now that we've lost Mosley. I'm not worried at all about the state of the defense currently. Bringing Suggs back was mostly for nostalgia and locker room leadership rather than anything on-field, and I was hoping they'd let Weddle and Mosley go, so nothing that has unfolded so far seems like the team's plan has gone off the rails.

You might be right but it's a little shocking to see all of these players leave at once. This is what happens when you have the no. 1 defense. De Costa is going to be tested right out of the gate now.

#457 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,863 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:27 AM

I'm still hoping for Thomas. At this point, with Mosley and Smith gone, you've got plenty of cap room. You can front load the deal into this year to offset long-term injury risk. You add dynamic back end guy and potentially fill a leadership gap. 

I wonder if we're in on Williams from San Diego, too? 

I'd rather we be patient and pay for the guys we want (or not at all) or wait for cuts rather than go nuts for guys like CJ or ZDS. 

#458 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,205 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:32 AM

I'm still hoping for Thomas. At this point, with Mosley and Smith gone, you've got plenty of cap room. You can front load the deal into this year to offset long-term injury risk. You add dynamic back end guy and potentially fill a leadership gap. 

I wonder if we're in on Williams from San Diego, too? 

I'd rather we be patient and pay for the guys we want (or not at all) or wait for cuts rather than go nuts for guys like CJ or ZDS. 

Zero chance of that happening.

I would like to see Amos added.

Jeff Z is wonder if they will go after Bell.

@BSLRobShields

#459 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,909 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:33 AM

I think he's injury prone and he's had a couple of suspensions as well. 

Also as Mackus said, if they cut him that 10 million in savings would be used elsewhere.

#460 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:33 AM

Zero chance of that happening.

I would like to see Amos added.

Jeff Z is wonder if they will go after Bell.

See I'm not the only one. Nothing's wrong with making a splash when the timing's right. This might be the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners