#441 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,424 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:29 PM

One more note on DVOA, Ravens improved on defense and took a very small hit on offense, likely due to quality of opponent. The big reason why they dropped is ST, which is not that surprising given the KOR TD.

I agree that ST will still be the Ravens biggest advantage over Seattle. I hope that it can make a difference.

@gabefergy

#442 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

Ravens fell to 9th in DVOA this week. Offense is 4th and defense went down to 22. ST went from 1 to 3.

FWIW, Seattle is 7th...3rd on offense, 18th on defense and 28th in ST.

Ravens need to take advantage of that ST difference.

That kick return for a TD was brutal for their overall ranking.

Offense went from 14 to 13.3% and defense improved from +9 to +6.4 but the ST dropped from +10% to +5.8%. So most of that drop is exclusively from that return TD. 

#443 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:16 AM

They are mirror images of each other in a lot of ways.

Biggest difference is probably Wilson’s ability to make plays with his arm is more advanced than Jackson. In other words, I would expect Wilson to make a few plays that Jackson doesn’t and that ends up being the difference.

Ravens probably won’t get a pass rush but they need to stop the run.

This comes down to Seattles defense being able to contain Jackson vs. our defense being able to contain Wilson. This is a game where the Ravens will really miss Suggs and Weddle's intelligence and discipline. This is definitely a game where I can see Wilson beating the Ravens almost by himself.

#444 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,334 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:44 AM

https://www.pff.com/...ngs-week-6-2019
  • BSLGabeFerguson likes this
@BSLRobShields

#445 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 591 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:16 AM

Sounds like Michael Bennett would be a good fit and he seems to be falling out of favor in New England.

https://www.google.c...el-bennett/amp/

#446 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:55 PM

72485136_10156783497481229_3776778714348

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#447 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,304 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:00 PM

I don't recall Lamar running to the wrong end zone or leaving the ball sitting in plain sight exposed for someone else to take?  I assume FedEx would be looking for players that represent their own qualities to honor each week.

#448 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,334 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

From Berry's love/hate column on ESPN this week:

Chris Carson, Seahawks (vs. Ravens): Enjoying the most under-the-radar top-12 season to date, Carson is averaging 21.2 points per game over his past three, and the volume has been insane. At least 26 touches and 104 rushing yards in every game during that stretch, and he's averaging 4.74 yards per carry. At home in a game with one of the highest expected totals, look for another heavy dose of Carson against a Ravens squad that has allowed 3.4 yards per carry before first contact (the fifth-highest rate, worse than the Redskins) and has yielded eight rushing touchdowns this season, tied for second most in the NFL.

That really speaks to the lack of front 7 talent IMO.

• cprenegade likes this
@BSLRobShields

#449 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:49 PM

From Berry's love/hate column on ESPN this week:

That really speaks to the lack of front 7 talent IMO.

Was Chubb's TD untouched? I seem to remember it is. If so that's 88 yards to the total and the Ravens have had the third fewest total rushes against with 110, too. With 6 teams that have more rushing attempts against that have only played 5 games, too. 

I don't know where to find that stat, but I'd imagine that drops the average considerably, by almost .8 yards if someone just touches Chubb at the LOS. 

#450 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,424 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:52 PM

Was Chubb's TD untouched? I seem to remember it is. If so that's 88 yards to the total and the Ravens have had the third fewest total rushes against with 110, too. With 6 teams that have more rushing attempts against that have only played 5 games, too. 

I don't know where to find that stat, but I'd imagine that drops the average considerably, by almost .8 yards if someone just touches Chubb at the LOS. 

yeah, I am pretty sure he was untouched on that one. I think the Ravens run D has been very good outside of that one game.

@gabefergy

#451 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

yeah, I am pretty sure he was untouched on that one. I think the Ravens run D has been very good outside of that one game.

Not great in KC either, but teams still don't seem to be trying to overly run on the, even now. 

Bynes also has really improved the run defense, IMO. 

#452 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,424 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:09 PM

Not great in KC either, but teams still don't seem to be trying to overly run on the, even now. 

Bynes also has really improved the run defense, IMO. 

yeah, they did struggle in that one as well. I think Bynes has made a big difference.

@gabefergy

#453 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

yeah, they did struggle in that one as well. I think Bynes has made a big difference.

It's interesting, because it's not that hard to do what Bynes has done. He literally sits in his zone and just waits, and watches his run fit or plays his true to his zone. You'd think that wouldn't be hard to do but NFL teams do a lot to try and distract you and move you. 

It makes them a bit more vulnerable to the outside run so that 20 yard run from Ericson in the Bengals game was Bynes staying home in his zone. Bynes stays home and Carr ended up getting isolated by the TE. It's a nice play call but shows where the weakness from that play can come from. 

Bynes was huge in the run game in Cinci. And I'll be watching him closely this week and he'll probably be a point of focus for me in next week's article. 

#454 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

It's interesting, because it's not that hard to do what Bynes has done. He literally sits in his zone and just waits, and watches his run fit or plays his true to his zone. You'd think that wouldn't be hard to do but NFL teams do a lot to try and distract you and move you.

It makes them a bit more vulnerable to the outside run so that 20 yard run from Ericson in the Bengals game was Bynes staying home in his zone. Bynes stays home and Carr ended up getting isolated by the TE. It's a nice play call but shows where the weakness from that play can come from.

Bynes was huge in the run game in Cinci. And I'll be watching him closely this week and he'll probably be a point of focus for me in next week's article.

The problem you're speaking of starts all the way back in pee wee leagues. Some guys are so much better growing up than their competition, that they never learn to play disciplined football.

#455 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:43 PM

72485136_10156783497481229_3776778714348

Not bad for a running back  :mrgreen:

• Mark Carver likes this

#456 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,424 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:07 PM

Vic Beasley on the trading block..he's fallen off a bit, but personally I have always liked him. Could be a fit if ATL would be willing to eat salary or if Ravens do some creative accounting.

@gabefergy

#457 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,334 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:17 PM

https://twitter.com/...8632524800?s=21
@BSLRobShields

#458 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,334 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:34 AM

Titans released Urban....Wonder if Ravens look to pick him up?

Also, this means the Ravens lose their 4th round comp pick. They could get it back if they cut Bethel before Week 10. Seems unlikely considering he leads the team in ST tackles and snaps.

The CJ pick is down to a 4th right now because of his injury but could still end up a 3rd.

@BSLRobShields

#459 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:34 AM

Why Justin Tucker’s Milestone Is Even More Impressive Than It May Seem

Since Tucker’s rookie season in 2012, opposing kickers have made just 82.1 percent of field goals at M&T Bank Stadium, more than two points below the league average of 84.2 percent during that span. Tucker has made 87.6 percent of his kicks (120 for 137) at M&T during his career, giving the Ravens a leg up in close games.

https://www.baltimor...han-it-may-seem

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#460 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,334 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:17 AM

Bye is coming at a good time this year. Definitely a little banged up plus getting Peters more up to speed.

Trade deadline is also this week, so if the Ravens make a move, they have some time to get the player acclimated to things.

Also, west coast trip, so you get some extra time off.

Last year I felt they had too late of a bye week...felt they were tired and beat up heading into the last game or 2 before the bye.

This year, it’s pretty much perfect timing.
@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners