#421 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,547 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:36 PM

What's really crazy is the Secondary could still end up being 'good' if Smith good when he returns. 

Humphrey, Thomas, Smith a good start... 

Clark has the green dot... 

Carr has the experience and posts every game... 

Canady has been solid (hopefully he's okay)... 

Averett was having a rough go the first few weeks, but I like him, and think he can help. Hopefully he looks better when he gets back in. 

Will see about Bethel, Marshall, and Jones. 

He becomes a very important player on this team, especially if Canady is going to miss multiple games.

@BSLRobShields

#422 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,547 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

https://theathletic....s/?redirected=1

@BSLRobShields

#423 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

Yeah Averett  is going to have to really step up now. Also hope that Bethel can be an adequate depth player at safety. Either way, probably should be scouring FA safeties ore even look to make a trade.

@gabefergy

#424 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,547 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

Maybe try and trade for Will Parks from Denver?

There are some safeties out there with some big cap hits, so I don't think they go with those guys.

@BSLRobShields

#425 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,547 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:47 PM

Find me a better attitude than Lamar:

https://twitter.com/...8426004481?s=20

@BSLRobShields

#426 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:28 PM

Find me a better attitude than Lamar:

https://twitter.com/...8426004481?s=20

I'm getting a little worried he's the opposite of Joe though. I think he presses in big situations and big games a bit. He really takes it hard when we're down and seems to not get into rhythm until he absolutely has to (and it feels like it's just reacting instead of thinking). 

But looking back at Joe's playoff stats in his first two years, he was awful. 1 TD and 6 INTs in 5 games. But I'd say last year's defense was similar in quality (but maybe a step down) from what Joe had in his first few years. So impossible to compare. 

That being said, you do love the attitude. 

#427 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:29 AM

Say what you will of the schedule to date but the Ravens play 6 of the 8 teams ahead of them in the Power Rankings so far this year, with 5 of the 6 games left to be played. For all the prognostication this is a team that holds it's own destiny more than most.

https://www.espn.com...iggest-weakness

Also, I don't think these power rankings are all that wrong. I don't see a team behind the Ravens in rank right now that I'd say is better than what we all agree is a flawed team.

#428 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,600 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:47 AM

Bennett Jackson back with the Ravens and on the 53 man roster to replace Elliott.

I thought about him yesterday when they announced Elliott was hurt.  It will be a good story if he is active on Sunday.  He has refused to give up and cave in to all the injuries, but has never gotten off of a practice squad.

@mikeghg

#429 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:58 AM

The Ravens have played some bad offenses in their six games but they've also played the 3rd and 9th overall offenses in total yards. They rank 13th in total defense right now. They are among a group from 13-20 that are only 10 yards apart in total yards allowed. 330 seems to be the break point right now in yards allowed for the top defenses. Given they were gashed for what seemed like 3 straight games, that's encouraging overall to look at. 

http://www.nfl.com/s...=1&d-447263-n=1

Alternately, their defensive DVOA is 24th. But their total team DVOA is 6th (though they are 8th in DAVE which factors in preseason rankings and projections). The Ravens would have 4 more games against top ten DVOA teams as of today. This weeks Bengals game gave them a 7% improvement on their defensive DVOA as well. It'll be interesting because the Ravens schedule is so top heavy down the stretch, as results weight the overall rankings more as the season goes on, any drop off from Miami, Pitt, Cin maybe offset by playing 5 total games against the remaining 9 current top DVOA teams. 

https://www.football...-5-dvoa-ratings

#430 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,547 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

The Ravens have played some bad offenses in their six games but they've also played the 3rd and 9th overall offenses in total yards. They rank 13th in total defense right now. They are among a group from 13-20 that are only 10 yards apart in total yards allowed. 330 seems to be the break point right now in yards allowed for the top defenses. Given they were gashed for what seemed like 3 straight games, that's encouraging overall to look at. 

Alternately, their defensive DVOA is 24th. But their total team DVOA is 6th (though they are 8th in DAVE which factors in preseason rankings and projections). The Ravens would have 4 more games against top ten DVOA teams as of today. This weeks Bengals game gave them a 7% improvement on their defensive DVOA as well. It'll be interesting because the Ravens schedule is so top heavy down the stretch, as results weight the overall rankings more as the season goes on, any drop off from Miami, Pitt, Cin maybe offset by playing 5 total games against the remaining 9 current top DVOA teams. 

These are the week 5 DVOA stats.

• BSLJordanKough likes this
@BSLRobShields

#431 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:13 PM

Bennett Jackson back with the Ravens and on the 53 man roster to replace Elliott.

I thought about him yesterday when they announced Elliott was hurt.  It will be a good story if he is active on Sunday.  He has refused to give up and cave in to all the injuries, but has never gotten off of a practice squad.

I am happy for him, and if he plays it will be a great story. I have to think, though, there is a reason he has never gotten off the practice squad, something missing in his game. Could be he just hasn't had the opportunity to settle into a role that would be a good fit, and if he does he's as good as anyone. Certainly cannot deny the Ravens need the help. Next man up.

• Mike B likes this

#432 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

seeing some twitter rumors that Ravens traded for Marcus Peters...big move if true

@gabefergy

#433 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,600 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

I am happy for him, and if he plays it will be a great story. I have to think, though, there is a reason he has never gotten off the practice squad, something missing in his game. Could be he just hasn't had the opportunity to settle into a role that would be a good fit, and if he does he's as good as anyone. Certainly cannot deny the Ravens need the help. Next man up.

He actually won the Giants starting in 2015, then sustained a bad injury.  I always pull for guys who keep fighting.  My guess is, he contributes on Special teams but he provides another body in a position that has been devastated by injury.  

@mikeghg

#434 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,600 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:19 PM

Kenny Young and a 5th for Marcus Peters.

@mikeghg

#435 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,600 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

They needed to add to the secondary.  I wonder if this means Jimmy Smith is not close.

@mikeghg

#436 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,547 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Jeff Z:

As @RobParkerFS1 reported, Ravens have been talking to the Rams about a deal for CB Marcus Peters. Sounds like if it's finalized, it will be a player-for-player deal.
@BSLRobShields

#437 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:53 PM

They needed to add to the secondary.  I wonder if this means Jimmy Smith is not close.

You'll never get any information from Harbaugh.  It will be mere speculation until he either is out there playing or put on IR.  I'm sure you remember the Perriman fiasco when he was supposedly going to be back in a few weeks.   :roll:

#438 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,547 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

Ravens fell to 9th in DVOA this week. Offense is 4th and defense went down to 22. ST went from 1 to 3.

FWIW, Seattle is 7th...3rd on offense, 18th on defense and 28th in ST.

Ravens need to take advantage of that ST difference.
@BSLRobShields

#439 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:25 PM

Pretty evenly matched teams...Vegas thinks so too

@gabefergy

#440 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,547 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:28 PM

Pretty evenly matched teams...Vegas thinks so too

They are mirror images of each other in a lot of ways.

Biggest difference is probably Wilson’s ability to make plays with his arm is more advanced than Jackson. In other words, I would expect Wilson to make a few plays that Jackson doesn’t and that ends up being the difference.

Ravens probably won’t get a pass rush but they need to stop the run.
  • BSLGabeFerguson likes this
@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners