#401 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:54 PM

Funchess got a 1/13 deal. It will be hard to find a deal dumber than that one.
@BSLRobShields

#402 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:56 PM

Will the Ravens do something stupid and spend big on CJ for fear he goes to Cleveland?
@BSLRobShields

#403 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,482 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

Will the Ravens do something stupid and spend big on CJ for fear he goes to Cleveland?

Let him go to CLE, please, and then attack the middle of their D vertically.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#404 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,550 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:58 PM

It makes me very nervous that the Ravens "upped" their offer to Mosley. Reeks of desperation.

@gabefergy

#405 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:58 PM

Let him go to CLE, please, and then attack the middle of their D vertically.

Lol yep. I don’t care where he would go...you don’t go stupid money for him. He just isn’t THAT good.
@BSLRobShields

#406 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,129 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

Overpayment always happens when free agency opens. And the Ravens never dabble this early. It’s okay.

Okay with Ingram as long as the money is right and not a gross overpayment like some right now.

Can easily fill Mosleys spot with a Daryl Smith kind of signing in 2 or 3 weeks when the market settles.

At these prices I’d be okay if the Ravens roll $20M or so into next year’s cap space, plus Flacco’s dead money coming off the books, then you can make that splash move if you need to shore up one spot, provided this year is a good draft and they look primed for a run in 2020.

• BSLGabeFerguson likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#407 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,550 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:13 PM

Overpayment always happens when free agency opens. And the Ravens never dabble this early. It’s Okay.

Okay with Ingram as long as the money is right and not a gross overpayment like some right now.

Can easily fill Mosleys spot with a Daryl Smith kind of signing in 2 or 3 weeks when the market settles.

At these prices I’d be okay if the Ravens roll $20M or so into next year’s cap space, plus Flacco’s dead money coming off the books, then you can make that splash move if you need to shore up one spot, provided this year is a good draft and they look primed for a run in 2020.

I think 2020 is a lot more likely season for the Ravens to be competetive.

If Jackson is going to develop, he should be to the point where you can win with him.

Cap-wise the team will be in good shape as they can shed guys like B Will and Jefferson. 

They need to draft well this year and do some serious self-scouting to figure out who on this roster needs to be retained moving forward. 

@gabefergy

#408 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,659 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

Gore signed for 3/$12M with Indy 4ish years ago when he was heading into 32. Ingram is 2 years younger, but not the player Gore was so that about evens out. 4-5 years of inflation probably close to doubles the contract. I'd be guessing Ingram signs for something like 3/$21M. That also puts him inside the top 10 for RB deals, and is less than Jerrick McKinnon signed for last year.

There are not a lot of RBs on big deals. So I've got no argument against those that think that'd be way too much to throw at him. But on the other hand, it's barely more money than Nick Boyle. If you told me I could have Ingram for $1M more per year that Boyle a week ago, I'd have definitely take that!

#409 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,550 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:23 PM

Ingram is a career 4.5 YPC...that's actually pretty good.

Last 4 seasons 4.6, 5.1, 4.9, 4.7...so he is still a good RB, he's actually gotten better in recent seasons if we are looking at YPC.

One year removed from 1,500 yards from scrimmage season.

It all comes down to the money, but if we are looking at something in the range of $5-6M/year I don't hate it.

@gabefergy

#410 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

I don’t want Ingram at all.

He’s not the type of RB we need.
  • Ricker Says likes this
@BSLRobShields

#411 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:07 PM

Ingram is a career 4.5 YPC...that's actually pretty good.

Last 4 seasons 4.6, 5.1, 4.9, 4.7...so he is still a good RB, he's actually gotten better in recent seasons if we are looking at YPC.

One year removed from 1,500 yards from scrimmage season.

It all comes down to the money, but if we are looking at something in the range of $5-6M/year I don't hate it.

I wouldnt mind Ingram
  • sandiegosean likes this

#412 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

Funchess got a 1/13 deal. It will be hard to find a deal dumber than that one.

The Colts had some $100 million in cap space to begin with, so the money they're giving Funchess isn't that big of a deal. I've always felt that there's really no such thing as a bad one-year deal.

The overall quality of the player does raise some eyebrows, however. I guess there are worse ways to spend $13 million, but there are far better ones as well.

#413 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:36 PM

Jets signed Barr to be a pass rusher.

They have a lot of money so they can still sign CJ but I would rather not see them spending money until we see that CJ has signed.
@BSLRobShields

#414 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:59 PM

On another note, I would love to see the Ravens make a push for two of these safeties. Bring in Mathieu and Amos or Collins. Let Jefferson play a hybrid LB/safety role. I like Jefferson in the box. I hate him as a true safety.

Don't know if I'm repeating what's already been said here, but Mathieu is reportedly headed to Kansas City for three years and $42 million.

#415 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:12 PM

CJ still hasn’t signed.

Makes me wonder what the Ravens are doing.

I fear that they are going to do something really really dumb...especially as we see teams like the Raiders and the Jets spend money.

It may be down to the Browns and Ravens and the Ravens will probably so something stupid there.
@BSLRobShields

#416 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

The Ravens have reportedly "upped their offer" to Mosley, although it's said to be still short of the Jets' offer, whatever all that means. What it does sound like is a bit of desperation on the part of the Ravens. According to Jeff Zrebiec, they were also surprised by Suggs' decision to leave.

You wonder if maybe the Ravens weren't caught off guard a bit by the early free agent feeding frenzy. Teams swimming in cap space are jumping in feet first, and the Ravens are not one of the teams in a position to try and keep up.

#417 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:47 PM

Riddick:

3 most important non-physical skills related things teams consider when paying top $ for UFA’s : Age, durability, football character. Remember that as we move along and ask yourself why some guys remain on the market/don’t get the $ you thought they would. #nfl
@BSLRobShields

#418 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Marlon Humphrey saying some stuff on Twitter.

Wonder if Bell is more of an option than we think?

Reportedly some of the teams may be out on him.
@BSLRobShields

#419 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,217 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

Likely can forget Paradis:

https://profootballt...-in-bills-deal/
@BSLRobShields

#420 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:35 AM

The Colts had some $100 million in cap space to begin with, so the money they're giving Funchess isn't that big of a deal. I've always felt that there's really no such thing as a bad one-year deal.

The overall quality of the player does raise some eyebrows, however. I guess there are worse ways to spend $13 million, but there are far better ones as well.

They have money to burn but not waste it on a player Carolina didn't want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners