2019 Ravens General Talk

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 85Knight

85Knight
  • Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:05 PM

Elemeneur apparently had a good game against GB, too and played something like 90% of the snaps. As always, hope everything is OK with him.

Edit: Apparently Eluemenor was in the passenger seat, so hopefully not too serious. And apparently none of the other named guys actually left the field.

It sounded like Eluemeneur was heat related stuff. It also sounded like the Ravens offense struggled against the Eagles defense, especially the offensive line.

#22 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

Sheil Kapadia[/size]

@SheilKapadia[/size]

·[/size]
8m

Takeaway from Eagles-Ravens joint practice: Ravens' secondary looked as good as advertised. Jeffery got open once deep, Mack Hollins had a RZ TD. But overall, Eagles offense[/size]
had a tough time[/size]

Tweet from same guy:

On Monday, @jeffzrebiec called Miles Boykin the best rookie in Ravens camp (theathletic.com/1145697/2019/0…).

I was impressed today. Made variety of catches (RZ, sideline, in traffic). Seemed like he had good rapport w/Jackson, who often threw high and let him use size to outmuscle DBs.
@BSLRobShields

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 112,117 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

Bruce Cunningham resigned from his PA position today.

#24 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:30 PM

I saw that. Wonder if that was expected?
@BSLRobShields

#25 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

From an Eagles beat reporter:

McSorley with a nice shot to the end zone to TE Herdman for a touchdown. Jackson then connects with Andrews for a score. #Ravens offense looks good today. A Baltimore player just yelled out “you’re abusing these guys.” #Eagles

Jeff Z mentioned how strong the offense looked today.

Apparently the defense was good again as well.
@BSLRobShields

#26 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:44 PM

Carli Lloyd was at practice today and made a 55 yard FG
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this
@BSLRobShields

#27 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

Hope it’s nothing health related. This close to the season. I know the pay is peanuts for the job so it’s easy to cut that tie if you want to lighten your workload.
@BSLMikeRandall

#28 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:31 AM

https://profootballt...ecurity-issues/
@BSLRobShields

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 112,117 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:56 AM

https://profootballt...ecurity-issues/

Well, I'm glad he's encouraged.... and there needs to be significant improvement there. Particularly the unforced errors.

The Coach he worked with this off-season said they spent this off-season working on the footwork and throwing (mechanics, repetition) and that they didn't have time to address how he holds on the ball. 

Said that will be worked on next off-season... which will reduce some of the occasional flutter on throws, and also improve ball security (on unforced errors).

#30 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:06 PM

For comp picks, if Bethel gets cut, does he not count against our comp pick balance? It's based on snaps played, as well as contract size, right? Right now we signed: Thomas, Bethel, Ingram. And we lost: Mosley, ZDS, Brown, Suggs, Urban. Or is that now how it works? I have to say, this is one area, I really don't understand. 

I've kind of counted Bethel as in assuming he's a loss there but if Trawick can replace him and we get a comp pick, would cutting him essentially be like gettting a comp pick back? And would cutting him and resigning him after Week 1 essentially do the same thing? 

#31 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:07 PM

He isn’t getting cut
@BSLRobShields

#32 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

The Justin Tucker segment on Real Sports was interesting.

He talked about how the missed extra point is something he thinks about everyday. He still has the football. Considers himself a failure because of that. (At least a failure in the moment)
@BSLRobShields

#33 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:58 PM

Tidbits on former Ravens. 

Saw Flacco on Monday night in preseason action. Game was on ESPN. Quote from Flacco on being a Bronco now. "It feels good to be wanted again." Interesting choice of words. 

Darren Waller was on Hard Knocks trying to make it on the Raiders. He said he was addicted to opiates and oxy while a Raven, and purposely tried to do as much as he could so the league would kick him out and he wouldn't look like a quitter in the public eye. Was high every day at practice. Apparently clean now. Trying to make the most of a second chance. Pretty selfish IMO to put the Ravens in that kind of situation though. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#34 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:44 AM

Saw Flacco on Monday night in preseason action. Game was on ESPN. Quote from Flacco on being a Bronco now. "It feels good to be wanted again." Interesting choice of words.

Darren Waller was on Hard Knocks trying to make it on the Raiders. He said he was addicted to opiates and oxy while a Raven, and purposely tried to do as much as he could so the league would kick him out and he wouldn't look like a quitter in the public eye. Was high every day at practice. Apparently clean now. Trying to make the most of a second chance. Pretty selfish IMO to put the Ravens in that kind of situation though.

Can't blame Flacco. Their was a very small minority that stood behind him his last couple of years.

#35 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:58 AM

Can't blame Flacco. Their was a very small minority that stood behind him his last couple of years.

I find it interesting because he did everything with class, even when his play was down, and couldn't have handled the situation of handing the reigns over to Jackson any better. Could have been a real jerk about things when he got healthy but he wasn't.

That just seemed like a tiny little jab at the Ravens that was unlike him. I would have expected the cliche answers. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#36 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:24 AM

A lot of people think Waller could have a big year.

The fans in Baltimore rarely made Joe feel wanted. The team certainly wanted Lamar over him. I mean, they drafted him knowing he would be the guy and they played him over Joe once Joe was healthy.

Now, Joe was ok with that and even said to keep Lamar in but still, Denver traded for him because they wanted him.

It’s a truthful word to use.
@BSLRobShields

#37 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,372 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:07 AM

Economics played a part in it too. Joe was average over the course of it but was getting paid to be a top-tier QB. I think that is where a lot of fans started to turn on him.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#38 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

Hope it’s nothing health related. This close to the season. I know the pay is peanuts for the job so it’s easy to cut that tie if you want to lighten your workload.

His reason was he felt he couldn't do a professional job of it. Some said he screwed up the player intros the last game. Then someone said the players were out of order and he didn't pick it up.

Of course the Justin Tucker / Kyle Boller FG call last season he will never live down.

#39 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

Economics played a part in it too. Joe was average over the course of it but was getting paid to be a top-tier QB. I think that is where a lot of fans started to turn on him.

Sure..but that shows the stupidity of fans more than anything else.
@BSLRobShields

#40 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:36 AM

A lot of people think Waller could have a big year.

The fans in Baltimore rarely made Joe feel wanted. The team certainly wanted Lamar over him. I mean, they drafted him knowing he would be the guy and they played him over Joe once Joe was healthy.

Now, Joe was ok with that and even said to keep Lamar in but still, Denver traded for him because they wanted him.

It’s a truthful word to use.

No doubt. I like the honesty from athletes. Just thought we'd get the cliche answer to such a softball question. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners