• Please log in to reply
850 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,526 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:45 AM

Balt Sun: Rising and falling: Eight Ravens on the move entering preseason game vs. Packers
https://www.baltimor...zngm-story.html

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

Balt Sun: Rising and falling: Eight Ravens on the move entering preseason game vs. Packers
https://www.baltimor...zngm-story.html

The Ravens tight ends, have a chance to be Pro Bowl caliber this year.

I think 100 catches, 10 TD's, 1500 yards combined are realistic goals

@mikeghg

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

The Ravens sin another kicker to share the workload.

https://www.baltimor...o-90-man-roster

@mikeghg

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:38 PM

The Ravens had 5 line backers sit out today's practice.  Ouch

@mikeghg

#5 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

The Ravens had 5 line backers sit out today's practice. Ouch

I think the only one who's injured is Board.

#6 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,200 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

Baldinger is excellent.

Love this breakdown on Hill.

http://www.nfl.com/v...dy-s-Breakdowns
@BSLRobShields

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,526 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

Balt Ravens.com: News & Notes: ‘Hollywood’ Brown Hits Another Gear, Now Needs Chemistry With Lamar Jackson
https://www.baltimor...with-lamar-jack

#8 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

Baldinger is excellent.

I haven't watched a ton of the preseason due to being on the wrong coast for it. 

But wow, Hill reminds me a bit like Rice. He seems to have a great feel and vision. And he gets low and stays behind his blockers and then manages to just really squeeze through some things.

Speaking of Rice...I'm really curious about the Ravens screen game this year. I think there is a real opportunity to run some bubble screens to WRs and your more typical screens to RBs. The Ravens have also been somewhat exceptional at running TE screens the last few years, I wonder if we see more of that, too. 

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:05 AM

I haven't watched a ton of the preseason due to being on the wrong coast for it. 

But wow, Hill reminds me a bit like Rice. He seems to have a great feel and vision. And he gets low and stays behind his blockers and then manages to just really squeeze through some things.

Speaking of Rice...I'm really curious about the Ravens screen game this year. I think there is a real opportunity to run some bubble screens to WRs and your more typical screens to RBs. The Ravens have also been somewhat exceptional at running TE screens the last few years, I wonder if we see more of that, too. 

I see the Rice comparisons too.  I think Hill is faster, but I was surprised at the pop he had, when he was inside the tackles.

I think the screen game needs to be a big part of the offense.  Lamar freezing the line backers and the safeties might free up the backs and wide outs for some long gains off the screens.

@mikeghg

#10 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

I see the Rice comparisons too.  I think Hill is faster, but I was surprised at the pop he had, when he was inside the tackles.

I think the screen game needs to be a big part of the offense.  Lamar freezing the line backers and the safeties might free up the backs and wide outs for some long gains off the screens.

Screen fakes to one side, RPO principles to the other. This team's speed. Oh my. Throw in the ability to go 4-wide out of two TE set with Hurst and Andrews out of a no huddle right after a long gain, and a potential jumbo defense thrown in there. Yumm. 

Feels like we've got a three headed monster like we did with the Rice (Hill), McGahee (Ingram), McClain (Edwards) days. What's really interesting about that is the first year of that, the guy who took the most reps at RB rushing was McClain. Which was a real fit for that offense. I connected the guys through similarity of style and skillset and don't expect Edwards to see the most touches. 

But I think his decisive, down hill, hard running style is going to seeing a lot of Edwards in a lot of Down and Short (think 3 or less) distances. Which could be a lot. I'm also interested to see if the Ravens go more no huddle-ish this year and let RBs run in a bit more of a rotation to force defenses to keep guys on the field. 

#11 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,200 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:00 AM

If they actually figure out how to run a screen, I think Hill will be a big part of it.

@BSLRobShields

#12 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:04 AM

If they actually figure out how to run a screen, I think Hill will be a big part of it.

It's so bizarre. I don't know if it's personnel...they haven't been good at screening since Rice's early days. And even then that was more dump off than screen. 

Marty was a screen expert in Philly and it was always a major staple of the Philly principles during his team there. So I didn't understand how it never became part of the system.

I can't really remember the Kaep/Roman days together, anyone have a recollection of what their screen game looked like? 

#13 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,200 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:10 AM

The year when we beat them in the SB, Gore led the RBs in catches with 28.  So, probably not a lot of screens. (although I guess they could have run WR and TE screens)

@BSLRobShields

#14 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,200 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:24 AM

Baldinger is excellent.

Saw this on twitter:

#Ravens RB Justice Hill forced 9 missed tackles on 12 touches this week vs GB. Mark Ingram hasn’t forced 9 missed tackles in a full game in nearly 5 years.

@BSLRobShields

#15 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

Saw this on twitter:

#Ravens RB Justice Hill forced 9 missed tackles on 12 touches this week vs GB. Mark Ingram hasn’t forced 9 missed tackles in a full game in nearly 5 years.

Yeah but watching even the Baldy film, some of those were some weak tackle breaks...I'm not putting a lot of stock in a guy breaking tackles in a preseason game just yet. And a lot of those were breaks to just get tackled right away afterwards. 

But great to see. And his wiggle is obvious. 

I don't know, maybe they should IR him, Rob. Like Andrews last year to keep Dixon. ;) (Get a little reverse jinx going here?)

#16 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,200 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

Sounds like some injuries are starting to mount up a little:

Day one of joint practice is over. Story was how many guys didn’t finish the practice. Jermaine Eluemunor went off in a cart. Gerald Willis got hurt in first hour of practice. Otaro Alaka limped off. Ronnie Stanley And Mark Ingram also watched portion of practice fro
m sideline.

Harbaugh said he has no updates on Miles Boykin and other injured players.

@BSLRobShields

#17 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,200 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

Willis being hurt could be a way to get him on IR.

Eluemunor being carted off is  a situation to watch knowing that he has the inside track on the starting LG job right now.

Not sure what is wrong with Boykin.

Jeff Z is saying that a lot of guys that weren't practicing were running on the side fields and that no one appeared to be hurt bad today.  Could be some heat related stuff.

@BSLRobShields

#18 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:04 PM

Elemeneur apparently had a good game against GB, too and played something like 90% of the snaps. As always, hope everything is OK with him. 

Edit: Apparently Eluemenor was in the passenger seat, so hopefully not too serious. And apparently none of the other named guys actually left the field. 

#19 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,200 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

Takeaway from Eagles-Ravens joint practice: Ravens' secondary looked as good as advertised. Jeffery got open once deep, Mack Hollins had a RZ TD. But overall, Eagles offense
had a tough time

@BSLRobShields

#20 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,200 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

The Eagles offense is pretty damn good too...Good to hear from someone who covers the Eagles that the offense struggled vs the Ravens defense.

@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners