#61 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,001 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:38 PM

I'm surprised you feel so strongly about the 4th RB. I'd much rather find a way to keep Willis if it comes down to Dixon's spot. Personally, I think there are diminishing returns. 

I'd also probably not keep Roberts over Dixon though...and if Dixon is so valuable, I'd trade him before I'd trade Carr/Smith (I don't think Jefferson is tradeable due to his cap number). 

Well, I don't think Dixon should be the 4th RB but I do think this team should keep 4 RBs based on how they will play, having so many unknown RBs and Ingram being old.

@BSLRobShields

#62 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,001 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:39 PM

I'll be surprised if they have 6 WRs. I don't see how the math adds up there. Should be fun to watch in the preseason. 

Same...but if they really like Scott, are they going to cut Moore or Roberts?  I tend to think not but its possible.

I mean, Roberts is listed as the damn starter as of now!

Maybe Brown's foot causes them to go with 6?  

@BSLRobShields

#63 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:43 PM

Same...but if they really like Scott, are they going to cut Moore or Roberts?  I tend to think not but its possible.

Roberts would be out for me, personally...Moore could go if someone else can return kicks. 

#64 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,001 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Roberts would be out for me, personally...Moore could go if someone else can return kicks. 

The only thing that I think saves Moore a little is that Jackson knows him.

They only brought back 2 WR that he would have thrown to last year.  I think having some continuity will be important especially since Brown isn't even doing team drills yet.  It will take some time for those guys to mesh.

@BSLRobShields

#65 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

I also like Moore, he flashes at times and we need guys that can go deep and get the ball, and he's shown the ability to do that. 

I just wonder if Scott makes him redundant if we have a returner. I worry about consistency too, I guess it's really about how many WRs you're putting on the field at a time. 

The main reason I think we go with 5 guys is because of the commitment that we talk about for the run. If Wesley can get to the PS 5 should be OK. But if he flashes a ton in the preseason it could get interesting there, too. 

I'm hyped for Thursday's game (though I won't be able to watch it that day)...

#66 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,250 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:18 PM

The reason why Dixon is somewhat expendable is because he is in the final year of his rookie contract. He has zero long term value to the team and while he does have talent, it's hard to see him as bringing anything unique to the table.

Still think a team like SD could make a trade for him if they don't get anywhere with Gordon. Maybe Houston  could have some interest as well.

• BSLJordanKough likes this
@gabefergy

#67 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:26 PM

The reason why Dixon is somewhat expendable is because he is in the final year of his rookie contract. He has zero long term value to the team and while he does have talent, it's hard to see him as bringing anything unique to the table.

Still think a team like SD could make a trade for him if they don't get anywhere with Gordon. Maybe Houston  could have some interest as well.

It's LOS ANGELES :P

#68 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,250 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

lol I will never get that right

@gabefergy

#69 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,600 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:44 PM

San Diego Forever!

#70 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,468 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

I have read that Roberts is doing well at camp.  I also think he was signed because they like the fact that he has delivered in the clutch and has a rep for being a good down field blocker.

I think the five are Brown, Snead, Roberts, Moore and Boykin, in no particular order.  Scott's performance IMO, will make them keep or not keep 6.

Just my 2 cents worth, I think Scott makes it, and they keep 6.

I also think Moore has value as a receiver and is a real good teams guy.  Harbs, seems to like his special teams guys.

@mikeghg

#71 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,468 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

It should be SD

@mikeghg

#72 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

San Diego Forever!

It should be SD

Lol. Agreed. I made the same mistake a few days ago. Totally off discussion but Barnwell has them as a team slated to underperform this year. https://www.espn.com...picks-five-2019

Over the past two years, I've identified 11 teams whose underlying statistics seemed to portend a coming decline in this column. Ten of those 11 teams have declined, while one -- the 2018 Titans -- managed to maintain its 9-7 record. The group has declined by an average of 4.2 wins from its prior record, and though 10 of the 11 teams had made the playoffs during their successful season, not one made it back to the postseason the following year.

He has four teams on the list this year that made the playoffs last year. Though the prior year's list had two 13-3 teams Minnesota and Pittsburgh. Along with Buffalo, Carolina, and Tennessee who all made the playoffs in 2017-2018. 

Ok back to your regularly scheduled roster bubble discussion. 

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 113,769 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

The Ravens’ roster bubble: Who’s trending up, down and in between as team prepares for Thursday’s preseason opener in Baltimore.

https://theathletic....and-in-between/

#74 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

I'm still curious to see what happens at the WR spot. With Snead catching that TD pass and Boykin showing and reps going to Moore. Plus the inclusion of Hollywood Brown, I'm still skeptical there is a spot on this roster for Roberts. He's hurt now, so that's going to be an interesting one to watch for me. 

Also, with Ricard getting DT snaps, that spot for Sieler/Willis/Mack seems perilous. Ricard feels even more like a lock.

#75 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 113,769 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:30 PM

Ricard is a lock imo.

At WR the question imo is 5 or 6?

Im thinking maybe just 5.

#76 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

I think it's gotta be 5 now. Also, with the way the TEs are playing and if Ricard is also on the field, how man WR snaps are there really going to be? 

Hurst and Andrews sound like they are a really good combo. I'm kind of excited to see if they can jointly hit their potential. Obviously not as good as Gronk/Hernandez at their peak but I can't think of a better TE combo with that kind of pedigree and upside that another NFL team has right now. 

#77 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

Ricard is a lock imo.

At WR the question imo is 5 or 6?

Im thinking maybe just 5.

Leaning towards 5. Especially since they're likely going to keep 3 QBs. Ricard will likely come down to how many RBs they keep. If it's 4, they might let him go.

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#78 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

Marshall apparently missed practice today for injury testing. He's a prime guy to find his way to the IR along with a DL.

#79 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

A couple interesting things from Zrebiec today in the Atlantic (thanks guys, I finally cracked due to all your posting ;) ). 

https://theathletic....-training-camp/

First is that Sieler and Willis both have not impressed at camp. Given they are a 7th round pick and a UDFA, I no longer thing either roster spot is safe. I had kind of honed in on Wormley but I think there is a good chance both of these guys end up not making it to the 53-man to start the year. 

I think both would be prone to stay because they know they could be next man up in the DL rotation...

Also, more Trawick chatter, too. I'll be stunned if we carry both Bethel and Trawick but that seems to be picking up some steam within media circles. He still strikes me as a guy you don't put on the 53-man to start the year and then if a need comes up you call. I see him as more of a bubble guy that would have a harder time finding a job on a bubble roster post-camp than he would pre-camp and he was available before he got here. 

#80 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:06 PM

It's also worth remembering here, that in order to be IR to return eligible, one must be on the active 53-man roster to start the year. For anyone that might get hurt now (or Young) if they want them to return. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners