Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,468 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:35 AM

Jeff Z:

So Ravens practice squad: RB De'Lance Turner, FB Christopher Ezeala (international exemption), WRs Antoine Wesley, Sean Modster; TE Charles Scarff, OL Marcus Applefield, R.J. Prince; ILB Donald Payne, OLB Aaron Adeoye; DE Zach Sieler, CB Maurice Canady.

Happy they got Turner through to PS.

We will see him this year.

@mikeghg

#202 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,468 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:36 AM

Ravens have 22 first or second year players on initial roster

Very young team.

They may be building something long term.

@mikeghg

#203 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:55 PM

What's interesting is that they are just the 17th youngest team, too. And it's only a drop of just .1 from last year. 

It's also very interesting to me that the oldest is a team that's 27 and the youngest is 25.2 That's not really that big of a difference. 

https://www.phillyvo...s-2019-edition/

The Bucs went from 22nd at 26.1 to 2nd at 25.4. Also the Jets who are considered a rebuilding team got really old. Up to 26.5...and rank 30th. 

#204 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,001 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

Jeff Z:

Harbaugh on Kenneth Dixon: 'He's hurt. He's got a fractured knee. He's on IR. He'll be released-injured. Kenny will be moving on."
@BSLRobShields

#205 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,001 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

Jeff Z:

Harbaugh said that carrying 5 DL is plenty, given the amount the Ravens are in sub packages. Harbaugh said the Ravens have probably gone heavy on DL in the past.

Subtle shot at Newsome and how different things are with DeCosta?
@BSLRobShields

#206 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,250 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

I think it's also just part of how the NFL has evolved. Teams are in 3 WR 70% of the time so the Ravens hardly use more than 2 DTs on the field and many times only 1.
@gabefergy

#207 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,001 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:01 AM

I think it's also just part of how the NFL has evolved. Teams are in 3 WR 70% of the time so the Ravens hardly use more than 2 DTs on the field and many times only 1.

Right but I think it’s also fair to say that the Ravens weren’t “getting with the times”.
@BSLRobShields

#208 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:41 AM

Right but I think it’s also fair to say that the Ravens weren’t “getting with the times”.

I was surprised even last year how much they played with 3 WRs. I actually think that number decreases this year and we see more TE.

At the end of the day, it kind of doesn't matter. The 52nd and 53rd spots are lotto tickets. If you think the best chance to hit is at DL, you carry the DL, if you think it's say at WR you carry Scott. 

Ultimately if Sieler flashed what he did last year Senat or Trawick or Alaka probably aren't on the roster. I think it's about going with the guys you think have the most talent with the last spot vs the Ravens being behind the times...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners