#1 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:24 PM

Ravens WRs look a lot different than they did last year, but there are still a number of question marks regarding who makes the roster and how the depth chart shakes out.

https://www.baltimor...-wide-receiver/

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B, BSLMikeRandall and 1 other like this
@gabefergy

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,308 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:13 PM

Good read.   

I think there maybe a surprise guy making the roster.

Maybe Floyd, which would cost Roberts.

@mikeghg

#3 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:06 PM

Good read.   

I think there maybe a surprise guy making the roster.

Maybe Floyd, which would cost Roberts.

Floyd certainly has the pedigree. I Agree that there would only be room for one of Roberts or Floyd, they gave more money to Roberts so he has the edge going into camp but I could see Floyd's talent winning out.

@gabefergy

#4 AdrianCharchalis

AdrianCharchalis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:19 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hollywood Brown be a 4th receiver at the beginning of the regular season. Realistically, his acclimation time won't be too quick; it's rare that a rookie can pick things up seamlessly, but in his case it may be even slower due to the lack of reps. 

#5 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 695 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hollywood Brown be a 4th receiver at the beginning of the regular season. Realistically, his acclimation time won't be too quick; it's rare that a rookie can pick things up seamlessly, but in his case it may be even slower due to the lack of reps.

Yeah I'm getting skeptical about Hollywood too. At this point it's looking like he might be a 2nd half contributor at best. Those Lisfranc injuries can be tricky.

#6 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 695 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:33 PM

First-round pick @Primetime_jet has passed the conditioning test, but still needs to be cleared from his foot injury in order to practice. https://t.co/zbn1lGSTlE

Well this is good news.
  • BSLGabeFerguson likes this

#7 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:09 PM

The fact he was never PUPd to begin with indicated to me they always believed he was on track for the season. 

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:23 PM

The fact he was never PUPd to begin with indicated to me they always believed he was on track for the season.

Or it means they don’t think he has to miss more than a few weeks. You aren’t eligible to come off the PUP for 6 weeks.

#9 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:29 PM

Or it means they don’t think he has to miss more than a few weeks. You aren’t eligible to come off the PUP for 6 weeks.

Can't you be activated off the PUP any time during training camp though? It's just once the season starts, you lose 6 weeks in exchange for getting the roster spot. 

#10 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:52 PM

Can't you be activated off the PUP any time during training camp though? It's just once the season starts, you lose 6 weeks in exchange for getting the roster spot. 

This is correct, it's only 6 weeks if you are on PUP after 53 man roster is finalized

@gabefergy

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

Right...just saying that they may not feel the need to PUP him because he wouldn’t miss more than a week or 2.

I agree it’s a good sign they didn’t put him on it but I don’t think it means he is definitely there in week 1 either.

#12 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:39 AM

Oh yeah, nothing is set in stone with him. I don't want to expect anything of him but I can't imagine he wasn't an intensive part of the gameplanning this offseason in terms of screens and deep stuff. 

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,308 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:15 PM

Quincy adeboyejo failed the conditioning test and got waived.

• BSLGabeFerguson likes this
@mikeghg

#14 AdrianCharchalis

AdrianCharchalis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:24 AM

Lasley has been one of camp's biggest disappointments. Kid can't catch, and when he does he always resorts to body catching. 

#15 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, seems like he's gone. And he was rostered all of last year, so he's not PS eligible, right? 

I wonder if he comes up hurt and finds his way to the IR? I'd imagine he'd latch on somewhere if given the chance. And perhaps with Boykin and Scott playing deently, the Ravens aren't overly committed to him. 

#16 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,737 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

Boykin is apparently really impressing.

Chris Moore is not.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#17 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, seems like he's gone. And he was rostered all of last year, so he's not PS eligible, right? 

I wonder if he comes up hurt and finds his way to the IR? I'd imagine he'd latch on somewhere if given the chance. And perhaps with Boykin and Scott playing deently, the Ravens aren't overly committed to him. 

I think he would be eligible under new PS rules because he wasn't active on gamedays

• BSLJordanKough likes this
@gabefergy

#18 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:26 PM

I think he would be eligible under new PS rules because he wasn't active on gamedays

If this is the case, he's certainly on track for that...

#19 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

First-round pick @Primetime_jet has passed the conditioning test, but still needs to be cleared from his foot injury in order to practice. https://t.co/zbn1lGSTlE

Well this is good news.

He's medically cleared now, too: https://www.baltimor...es-his-physical

Can't wait to see the Boykin/Brown duo light it up!

#20 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

Lasley just got cut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users