7-9
@BSLRobShields

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 111,206 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:41 AM

If they can get to 10-6, I think they'll be in pretty good shape division wise. 
I've got them 9-7 currently. 

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,142 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:14 AM

1000000% Must start 2-0. Dolphins then Cardinals. Have to win those two. Because Chiefs, Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Seahawks, Patriots, Bengals, is no easy task. 3-4 in that stretch is probably expected. 

So 5-4 after game 9.

Texans then Rams, hope to split that. 6-5

Capitalize big on 49ers, Bills, Jets. 9-5

Browns and Steelers, split. 10-6. 

I think the floor is 8-8, given that they could drop a stinker (MIA, ARZ, BUF, NYJ) and maybe the division is better than we think, lose two to CLE, lose both to PIT, something like that.

I think the ceiling is 12-4. Get a stellar season from Jackson and win every game you should. Steal a game like the Rams, Seahawks, Chiefs, akin to the way they beat the Chargers in the regular season last year. Damn near beat KC. Win both division games at the end with the division title on the line, finish the season 5-0 after a 7-4 start is a possibility.

Floor 8-8, ceiling 12-4. I'll split the difference at 10-6. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,178 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:32 AM

9-7

#6 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

8-8 with a MOE of +/- 2 games

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:21 PM

I think 9-7, with potential for 10 or 11 wins if the offense (Jackson mostly) shows significant improvement.

@gabefergy

#8 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

9-7 assuming they split their games with PIT and CLE. Could gain/lose a game with a loss to SF/NYJ or win against the likes of HOU/SEA.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

@Bmore_Irish

#9 cprenegade

cprenegade

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:23 PM

My first cut at this schedule says 9-7.  But that's without looking further in depth.  I like to see who teams play before and after they play the Ravens, was it a big divisional game, is it a third game on the road.....things like that.   I'm basically figuring splits within the division, a split with the NFC west, and maybe a 3-1 record with the AFC East, and a split with KC/Houston.  I think it's more likely they get swept by Pittsburgh or Cleveland than they sweep them.  But it's more likely they sweep Cincy then get swept by them.   It's more likely that they get upset by the Jets or SF at home then they upset KC, Sea, or the Rams on the road.  All in all, 9-7 looks about right.  

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,970 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:40 PM

I will go with 10-6, but who knows.

Like others, I am concerned about Lamar, but I still believe we are going to be tough for teams to figure out, because I think we will be very unconventional,.

I also think people are judging Lamar based on what we think a conventional QB is.

He has one elite talent.  He needs to be put in spots where he can be effective throwing the ball.

I think it will be interesting.

@mikeghg

#11 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:44 AM

Pre-camp, I'm thinking 9-7.  If training camp goes well, I'll up that to 10-6 immediately prior to the season (just as I correctly did last year: https://www.baltimor...ndpost&p=762558).

Things I'll be looking for in camp:

1) Hollywood Brown participating in camp and looking near 100%.  Coming back fully from a Lisfranc injury, especially for a speed guy, is not easy.

2) Jackson getting his fumbles under control.   Wink should have the defense key on forcing fumbles.

3) Jackson showing the ability to distribute the ball to his different types of weapons, successfully.  He's got speed guys (Brown, Hill), check down guys (Ingram, Edwards), chain-mover slot guys (Snead, Moore), and big target red-zone guys (Andrews, Hurst).  Can he get them the ball so they can make plays?

4) OL gelling with clear winners to man the LG and C spots.

5) Someone stepping up among young guys (Bowser, Williams, Ferguson) and vets (Ray, McPhee) to provide QB pressure opposite Judon.

#12 ivanbalt

ivanbalt
  • Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

10-6

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:37 PM

10-6, losses against NE, LAR, KC, SEA, PIT, And I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think the Browns get one this year

#14 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:34 PM

10-6, losses against NE, LAR, KC, SEA, PIT, And I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think the Browns get one this year

Reasonable numbers, but there's usually a disaster loss to a team that should be a win. To make up for that, I predict the Ravens beat NE.

#15 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:44 AM

Reasonable numbers, but there's usually a disaster loss to a team that should be a win. To make up for that, I predict the Ravens beat NE.

Those disaster losses usually happened because we didn’t run the ball (dumb coaching) and Flacco played a terrible game.

I see those kinds of losses avoidable with a strong run game.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:24 AM

No doubt. I'd love to see them beat NE, but I simply don't bet against Brady no matter how much people hate him :mrgreen: 

#17 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:31 AM

No doubt. I'd love to see them beat NE, but I simply don't bet against Brady no matter how much people hate him :mrgreen:

Or Belichick. It'll be interesting to see how he game plans for Lamar.

I remember the Patriots being mentioned as one of the teams interested in him before the draft.

• bmore_ken likes this

#18 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:40 PM

Those disaster losses usually happened because we didn’t run the ball (dumb coaching) and Flacco played a terrible game.

I see those kinds of losses avoidable with a strong run game.

I could certainly see a Lamar Jackson 4 turnover game happening.

@gabefergy

#19 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

I could certainly see a Lamar Jackson 4 turnover game happening.

Sure. I can too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners