• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,477 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:02 AM

If the sole focus was winning (putting your best possible roster on the field); what would be your 25 man roster today? 

Obviously there are other considerations in real-life (service time, development,  40 man, etc), so this is just for fun. 

#2 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

Not sure I could even list such a roster because the difference between what I perceive to be the very best roster today compared to what they actually have might account for 2 or 3 more wins the rest of the season.

And I also don't think there are many (in fact very few players) who I would have on the roster today that aren't already on the roster. But just for fun here's my 25 man.

C - Sisco and Severino

Infield - Alberto, Nunez, Mancini, Villar, Ruiz, Mountcastle

Outfield - Smith Jr., Wilkerson, Stewart, Santander

Pitchers - Armstong, Bleier, Bundy, Cashner, Castro, Fry, Gilmartin, Givens, Means, Rogers, Scott, Yacabonis, Ynoa

So basically my changes boil down to dumping Davis and Straily and bringing up Mountcastle and Scott.

#3 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,472 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:32 AM

There really wouldn’t be an positional changes. Mountcastle isn’t tearing the cover off the ball and none of the other OFers have forced their way up.

I would have Scott up for sure. But not sure anyone else is really forcing their hand?

Akin needs some more good starts, especially keeping the walls down.
@BSLRobShields

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,873 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:40 AM

So basically my changes boil down to dumping Davis and Straily and bringing up Mountcastle and Scott.

Yeah I think this is about in line with my opinion.

I don't really think there are any young guys beating the doors down who are clear upgrades.  But there are at least a couple roster spots that are currently filled with a well-below replacement player.  Davis and Straily being the most obvious candidates.  Team might be better just with them off the roster with nobody to replace them, so if you can replace them either with a somewhat talented young guy or just any generic AAAA player, you've improved the team.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#5 Thirteen

Thirteen
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

C - Hoiles, Triandos

Infield - Murray, Alomar, C. Ripken, B. Robinson

Outfield - F. Robinson, Blair, Reggie Jackson

Bench - Powell, Grich, A. Jones, Belanger, Chris Davis (only 'cause they're paying him)

Pitchers - Palmer, Mussina, McNally, Cuellar, Flanagan, Boddicker, Barber, Olson, Britton, Watt, Jim Johnson

#6 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,472 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

C - Hoiles, Triandos
Infield - Murray, Alomar, C. Ripken, B. Robinson
Outfield - F. Robinson, Blair, Reggie Jackson
Bench - Powell, Grich, A. Jones, Belanger, Chris Davis (only 'cause they're paying him)
Pitchers - Palmer, Mussina, McNally, Cuellar, Flanagan, Boddicker, Barber, Olson, Britton, Watt, Jim Johnson

You have some dead guys on there.

They likely won’t be better than what is out there now.
@BSLRobShields

#7 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,179 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

giphy.gif

@DJ_McCann

#8 Thirteen

Thirteen
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

They likely won’t be better than what is out there now.

Wanna bet?
  • bmore_ken likes this

#9 Ravens2006

Ravens2006
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:45 PM

No matter what the focus would be, the major league active roster would still stink, and they still wouldn't win more than 55 games. It's what Dan left behind as his legacy. I think they're en route to 120+ losses but we'll see...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners