#61 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,215 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

Kaepernick.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#62 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82,646 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

Kaepernick.

He missed a lot of time in ‘15 and ‘16 and when he started over the course of a full season (which was 13 and 14), he ran the ball a total of 196 times. That’s less than 50 carries that lamar did in a half season of starting and some other gimmick plays.

So, Lamar is way more exposed than any of these guys ever have been in their careers.

You figure the Ravens run him less this year because they know you can’t rely on that again but the question becomes is how effective will the offense be if that’s the case.
@BSLRobShields

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,989 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

How much Lamar runs the ball is definitely a huge question mark for this coming season.

I think everybody agrees that Lamar and the Ravens cannot sustain him running as often as he did last season (both from a health standpoint and an effectiveness standpoint) and I think everybody also agrees that the Ravens are not planning on asking him to run nearly as often as he did last year.

Just how much they scale it back is the big mystery.  My guess is he gets fewer than half of the 17 rushes per game he had in his 7 starts.  I'm not too worried about his health if he is limited to that level of workload.

• bmore_ken likes this

#64 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,215 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:22 PM

He missed a lot of time in ‘15 and ‘16 and when he started over the course of a full season (which was 13 and 14), he ran the ball a total of 196 times. That’s less than 50 carries that lamar did in a half season of starting and some other gimmick plays.

So, Lamar is way more exposed than any of these guys ever have been in their careers.

You figure the Ravens run him less this year because they know you can’t rely on that again but the question becomes is how effective will the offense be if that’s the case.

Obviously Lamar is going to be running less.

• bmore_ken likes this

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners