#561 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,043 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:08 AM

Green was clutch. He hit 3's in bunches in the 2nd half, single handedly kept them in the game. Wasn't enough.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#562 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

The Lakers missed additional shooters on the floor. They had a nice three from Dudley and Daniels at different points but being able to work in Kuzma and Caruso will be very helpful for their spacing. 

Anthony Davis surprised me. He plays really out of control. I haven't watched him a ton and maybe it's because the Clippers were just physical with him but all in all he was falling away and off balance pretty much the entire night. He uses his size advantage well at times and at others just doesn't seem to assert his athleticism the way you might want. 

Hopefully if both of these teams meet in the playoffs they'll both be fully healthy, that's going to be a very fun matchup to watch. 

Also, Lou Williams is a wizard. Some of the things he does at times seem impossible. 

#563 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:23 AM

Also, the Lakers played a really big lineup. They are going to bulldoze some teams this year. The Clippers kept a steady dose of different defenders on Lebron which kept them rested defending him but if you don't have guys like Leonard and Beverly who can do an admirable job at times Lebron is going to pile on some stats this year. The Lakers actually built their early lead on Lebron taking advantage of Beverly and I'm not quite sure what adjustment Rivers made but whatever he did made a big difference. 

I also though the collective Lakers defense was pretty good overall. Lots of contested shots and hands in the faces of various guys. Kwahi just decided he wasn't going to miss shots last night. But very few of them were open. 

#564 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 13,095 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:09 PM

I had forgotten how solid Beverley is on the boards. He had 10 last night, in addition to being the usual nuisance he is to ball-handlers.

#565 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,043 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:00 PM

Beal having a stellar game fresh off his big extension. A cool 7 for 24 with 19 points.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#566 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:34 AM

Beal having a stellar game fresh off his big extension. A cool 7 for 24 with 19 points.

I thought he was rushing shots because he was seeing people come to him in waves.  He worked hard and tried to move the ball, but Dallas was not even guarding Smith at times.  Bradley is going to see a lot of doubles.  It looked like Dallas was using a box and 1 on a few of the possessions.

@mikeghg

#567 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,526 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:05 PM

Milwaukee and Houston on TNT... lot of empty seats in Houston, weird sight for opening night. Maybe traffic. 

#568 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:09 PM

Milwaukee and Houston on TNT... lot of empty seats in Houston, weird sight for opening night. Maybe traffic. 

It's interesting in that it's such a playoff driven league. 

I bought extra lower level Clips-Lakers tickets and had a hard time moving them for a profit on opening night and that was the battle of LA's. Where I expect to not have the same problem come March...

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#569 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,606 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:23 PM

It's interesting in that it's such a playoff driven league.

I bought extra lower level Clips-Lakers tickets and had a hard time moving them for a profit on opening night and that was the battle of LA's. Where I expect to not have the same problem come March...

Well it's not like they struggle to sell tickets either.

The other thing is in most cases (not the Wizards), tickets are already quite expensive.

That's the crappy thing about how high the salaries are. I am very happy that the players get a fair share of the revenue, but it would be nice if the league sacrificed some revenue to help their fans experience games at a more reasonable cost. Naive I know.
  • BSLJordanKough likes this

#570 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,043 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:41 PM

Russ with 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 5 points with 10 minutes remaining in the 1st half. Only 4 FGA's.

#571 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,798 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

DeAndre Ayton suspended 25 games for violating the league's Anti Drug policy. 

@beginthebegin71

#572 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,526 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:24 PM

Giannis fouled out with about 5 minutes left...  Milwaukee adjusted. More looks to Lopez in the post. 

Westbrook had a big 4th for the Rockets after a quiet first 3 quarters. 

#573 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,043 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:25 PM

Greek Freak still posted a triple double with 30 points. Such a beast.

#574 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 13,095 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:42 AM

If they are healthy, the Clippers would probably be my favorite once the playoffs start. But as for the regular season, I think they could finish as low as a #3 or even #4 seed.

Yeah, maybe I was mistaken about that last part.

#575 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,043 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

Maybe they wanna go after the GS record?

They've looked great, and that's sans George. 

#576 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,606 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:27 AM

Maybe they wanna go after the GS record?

They've looked great, and that's sans George.

They're really good, but they ain't winning 73+ games and they shouldn't be making that a goal anyway.

#577 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,043 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:28 AM

They're really good, but they ain't winning 73+ games and they shouldn't be making that a goal anyway.

They are just as good, so I don't see why they couldn't. Agree it shouldn't be a goal. Being strong in the playoffs is more important.

#578 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,606 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:32 AM

They are just as good, so I don't see why they couldn't. Agree it shouldn't be a goal. Being strong in the playoffs is more important.

They aren't just as good and their two best players have health/durability concerns.

#579 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,043 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:35 AM

They aren't just as good and their two best players have health/durability concerns.

Well, that's just your opinion man.

#580 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,798 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:39 AM

Clippers/Sixers was 10-1 as the finals matchup on Tuesday, it's now 6-1.

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners