#2 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:01 PM

If and when any moves are made please don't let one of them to be bringing back Trumbo.

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,419 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:12 AM

If and when any moves are made please don't let one of them to be bringing back Trumbo.

Brace yourself, it is going to happen

@mikeghg

#4 Thirteen

Thirteen
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:40 AM

Package Trumbo and Davis, agree to pay their entire salaries, and try to get $250K in IBP$ in return.  I wonder if anyone would bite.

#5 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:09 AM

I just see almost zero potential value in bringing Trumbo back. I suppose if he caught fire for six weeks it might up his trade value from a bag of balls to a low level prospect?

#6 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,833 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

I just see almost zero potential value in bringing Trumbo back. I suppose if he caught fire for six weeks it might up his trade value from a bag of balls to a low level prospect?

Correct. Boston, Tampa or Texas might want a righty bench bat who can play first OK and fight the corners to a draw. Maybe Colorado or Philadelphia, who could have him to DH in interleague and a possible Series.

@DJ_McCann

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,803 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:07 AM

I have no interest in Trumbo playing another inning. No upside. They don't need the salary relief, and getting some other team to pick up a small percentage of his remaining salary is the only possible increase to his trade value. Zero chance we get a meaningful prospect even if we pay all the salary. Just trade or cut him now.

#8 ivanbalt

ivanbalt
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:10 AM

Package Trumbo and Davis, agree to pay their entire salaries, and try to get $250K in IBP$ in return.  I wonder if anyone would bite.

Dan Duquette

• Thirteen likes this

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,419 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:19 PM

I am not worried about Trumbo.  His time will be up soon enough.  I still think if he has a good month that maybe, someone might take him as a right handed bat off the bench.  He is a good citizen who may be able to help a contender.  

@mikeghg

#10 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,071 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:55 PM

Trumbo is the least of this team's problems right now.

• FFH likes this

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#11 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:03 PM

Trumbo is the least of this team's problems right now.

Well yes but you do have to make some decisions whether its to bring him in or dump him and bring up somebody else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners