I finally watched it. For a movie with sooooo much going on and soooo much to wrap up, I felt they did a good job overall and it was probably one of the best Marvel movies. And Fat Thor was probably the best thing about the movie.
HOWEVER, I always have my bones to pick with Marvel and this movie had several.
1. ENOUGH with the CGI battlefield scenes in these movies. They are soooo repetitive and weightless.
2. I didn't see Captain Marvel but always felt that she was going to be some dues ex machina invented to defeat Thanos. I was pretty much right.
3. How are the kids who survived the Thanos snap still in high school 5 years later?
4. I liked how they used time travel in the movie to revisit moments in the previous movies, but I didn't like time travel used as another DEM to save the people who "died" in Infinity War.
5. They should have killed off more characters.
They kind of HAD to for this one though, they built it up to be all hands on deck prevent the end of the world...again...you couldn't just have him assassinated in the background and everyone goes away after that.
Soooooorta. She's the one who takes over leading the Avengers after Cap has...multiple issues...like dying, turning bad etc. in the comics. So if anyone was going to show up and be close to his level it had to be her, to give them a real powerhouse to replace some of the outgoing people.
You have to watch the new Spiderman: Far From Home...that directly follows the end of Endgame and addresses the 5 year "blip" they call it, and how people are trying to cash in with Iron Man and Cap gone now.
Yeah...I get what you mean there...I mean we all knew that the whole half the universe was going to be undone, but some of the deaths should have been for real, and undoing that much of it was a little weak. Vision dying was pretty much the only one that doesn't get undone.
I mean your only real choices there are the original 7, and two of them did die. Who else do you kill off? Hawkeye everyone expected, so they teased it constantly. Hulk and Thor have to be close to immortal. Cap you could have/should have, but giving him his back in time happy ending wasn't a terrible send off either. Still out of the picture, but without the predictable sacrificial death.