#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,963 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:53 PM

His value to the team is not worth much. I'd trade him for a single international slug if we can get it.

No matter how much everyone wants to trade everyone, up to and including the club house attendant, someone has to keep the trains and buses moving, for the current team.

I just don't understand what is gained by trading for a "slug"?

@mikeghg

#22 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,174 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

No matter how much everyone wants to trade everyone, up to and including the club house attendant, someone has to keep the trains and buses moving, for the current team.

I just don't understand what is gained by trading for a "slug"?

A "slug" is $250k in international bonus money.  It's jargon that Elias used in an interview and I loved so I now will use it repeatedly until everyone becomes familiar with it.  :)

• Ricker Says, BSLBobPhelan and DJ MC like this

#23 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 8,758 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:37 PM

Alberto will likely come crashing back to earth and DFA’d before the end of 2020 so yeah if you can get something for him, do it.
  • BSLRobShields likes this

#24 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:04 PM

Alberto will likely come crashing back to earth and DFA’d before the end of 2020 so yeah if you can get something for him, do it.

Exactly. And intl bonus money or something like you got for Cashner would be great.
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this
@BSLRobShields

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,963 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:16 PM

A "slug" is $250k in international bonus money.  It's jargon that Elias used in an interview and I loved so I now will use it repeatedly until everyone becomes familiar with it.  :)

Okay, had not heard that.

@mikeghg

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 111,159 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

I think Alberto can be a capable UTI player on a good team, and if the O's trade Villar - I think he (with Wilkerson) can be a livable stop-gap at 2nd for a year until you find a better option. 

You'd like to see more xbh's... particularly doubles to the gap.... but I don't think the average is fluky. 

He's about to turn 27, and I think his upside is UTI player, so yeah... if you trade him, no big deal. And if he brings back slot $, or youth under long-term control you like.... that's cool. Maybe a National League team would be interested in him off the bench. 

I've enjoyed watching him this year.  He's having fun with the playing time. 

• BSLBobPhelan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners