#101 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,229 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 26 October 2019 - 05:44 PM

Nah the year we had Stone was more talented.

Yep, except for Stone lol. What a dud. I couldn't stand him. And yes I know he actually was quite talented.I think this roster is better in terms of everyone working together and complimenting one another.
  • glenn__davis likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#102 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 120,768 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:25 PM

Balt Sun: No. 6 Maryland’s potential on rise as Ricky Lindo’s energy level increases and body language improves
https://www.baltimor...edza-story.html

#103 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:31 PM

Not playing like a top 10 team right now
Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#104 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 120,768 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:48 PM

Mark Turgeon on his team's performance against #Harvard: "We were out of it. Most selfish I've ever had one of my teams play. Wouldn't share the ball. Wouldn't pass the ball. Wouldn't help each other out. It's a simple game if you share the ball. "

"We need an attitude change and if we don't get it, we're not gonna be worth a flip. And I just went with the guys I like in the second half, the guys that I think have been there before, but we need some attitude changes if we're gonna be good."

#105 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:12 PM

Terps move up to #3, behind Louisville & Kansas. 

Good stuff, boys. 

• Ricker Says and BSLBobPhelan like this
@beginthebegin71

#106 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:05 PM

I don't know guys...

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#107 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,464 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

Mark Turgeon on his team's performance against #Harvard: "We were out of it. Most selfish I've ever had one of my teams play. Wouldn't share the ball. Wouldn't pass the ball. Wouldn't help each other out. It's a simple game if you share the ball. "

"We need an attitude change and if we don't get it, we're not gonna be worth a flip. And I just went with the guys I like in the second half, the guys that I think have been there before, but we need some attitude changes if we're gonna be good."

Interesting.  I think this was a challenge message from the coach to his team.

It looks like they received it based on yesterday.

@mikeghg

#108 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,464 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

Terps move up to #3, behind Louisville & Kansas. 

Good stuff, boys. 

Still feels too high to me.  I think they are good, but #3 in the country good?  We will see.

Next 4 games should give us a deeper look.

Home- Notre Dame

Home - Illinois

At - PSU  who is improved

At-  Seton Hall- who may be good.

@mikeghg

#109 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,229 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:41 PM

Still feels too high to me. I think they are good, but #3 in the country good? We will see.
Next 4 games should give us a deeper look.
Home- Notre Dame
Home - Illinois
At - PSU who is improved
At- Seton Hall- who may be good.

Have you watched much of the other top 10 teams to date? Just curious. I have, and the Terps are right there. In fairness, with a tougher schedule they'd likely have a loss or two, but this is a very quality team, getting better, and with great upside.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#110 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,484 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:06 AM

Saw this on twitter from Ben Swaim:

Another one … Feb 2012, Dean Dome. UNC vs. Maryland. Heels win 88-64 and Turgeon was HEATED about UNC walk-ons jacking threes late. Does his post-game radio hit and then is alone in the hallway with his SID (and myself &

around the corner)

not seeing us, Turgeon starts yelling to no one in particular “F*** Roy. F that MFer.” Then he sees us and immediately goes quiet. He had no idea we were media, and to be fair, Goodson and I didn’t know we were media at that point either.

#111 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,044 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

I'm ok with the hypocrisy on this particular issue.  Every game feels differently, so it's hard to be consistent. 

Maybe sometimes you let your walk ons do their thing and try to score, other times you have them run out the clock.  I can see thinking it's no big deal to let the walk ons run offense when up big in one game and then to take offense when an opponent lets their walk ons do the same in another game.  Situations can be different.  Things that happened throughout the game can lead to a different reaction.  Tensions can get high sometimes.

If they made a big deal about it publicly after the game I'd be more inclined to hold them to their previous words or actions.  But I'll allow for emotion to get the better of a coach or player in these situations as long as they don't let it linger after the presser or hopefully not even to reach the presser.

• Ricker Says likes this

#112 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,211 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:41 AM

If you don’t want walk ons who get to play 2 minutes a season to jack up threes...defend them.
@BSLMikeRandall

#113 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,229 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:45 AM

If you don’t want walk ons who get to play 2 minutes a season to jack up threes...defend them.

And that's the thing, he was driving to the bucket for a layup, not even a three. Then the next possession, they did just hold the ball, and they were trying to swipe it out of their hands. 

You're Bryant - so you get to play minutes, we get it. If they were walk-on's at a real school, they'd do the same thing. This unwritten rule nonsense is ridiculous.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#114 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,484 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:50 AM

Walk ons rarely get a chance to play.

They can do whatever the hell they want when they are in the game as far as I’m concerned.

What’s interesting about those comments is that Turg was on Williams staff in Kansas, right?

#115 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,229 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

Walk ons rarely get a chance to play.

They can do whatever the hell they want when they are in the game as far as I’m concerned.

What’s interesting about those comments is that Turg was on Williams staff in Kansas, right?

Yes, from 1989-1992. I think Turgeon was more of a Larry Brown guy than a Roy Williams guy though, but that's 100% total speculation.

#116 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

Yes, from 1989-1992. I think Turgeon was more of a Larry Brown guy than a Roy Williams guy though, but that's 100% total speculation.

One in the same, pretty much,. 

Same "Godfather"

Good breeding!!

@beginthebegin71

#117 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,464 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:12 PM

One in the same, pretty much,. 

Same "Godfather"

Good breeding!!

Unfortunately for us, Turgeon seems to be the one of the lower branches of the Brown coaching tree.

@mikeghg

#118 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:57 PM

Unfortunately for us, Turgeon seems to be the one of the lower branches of the Brown coaching tree.

I was referring to Dean Smith, for the record.. He's the "godfather" in my mind. 

@beginthebegin71

#119 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,464 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:42 PM

I was referring to Dean Smith, for the record.. He's the "godfather" in my mind. 

Oh, got it.  Your right, he was where it all started.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users