#101 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:33 PM

4-star DE Fadil Diggs signs with Texas A&M.

@BSLZackKiesel

#102 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,269 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

Hell of a pick up to get Jarrett. I hope they can use it as a lure to get a 5-Star QB.
@BSLMikeRandall

#103 BigRed

BigRed
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

Hell of a pick up to get Jarrett. I hope they can use it as a lure to get a 5-Star QB.

Hopefully a certain Gonzaga QB next year...

#104 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,715 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

I figure Jarrett was helped lured by their QB recruit last yr.

#105 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,269 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:47 PM

I figure Jarrett was helped lured by their QB recruit last yr.

Legendre? Did he even play last year?  Not like he was blocked by the play of Jackson and Piggy.

@BSLMikeRandall

#106 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,715 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

Legendre? Did he even play last year? Not like he was blocked by the play of Jackson and Piggy.

A little. Separated his shoulder. Definitely was blocked by their experience and his own inexperience.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#107 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,718 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:56 PM

They wanted to redshirt him anyway. I certainly haven't given up on him at all.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#108 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:50 PM

They also picked up Josh Jacobs' younger brother, Isaiah.   

#109 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:29 PM

As the dust begins to settle a bit on this year's class, the Terps currently rank #27 nationally and #6 in the Big Ten.

@BSLZackKiesel

#110 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:02 AM

Worth noting that Locksley was adamant yesterday about how the staff is still looking for a QB in this class, whether a February signee or a transfer.

High School QBs

• 4-star Malik Hornsby (Missouri City, TX)
  • 3-star CJ Dixon (Loganville, GA)

Top Transfer QBs

• Justin Rogers (TCU)
  • KJ Costello (Stanford)
  • Feleipe Franks (Florida)
  • Jack Allison (West Virginia)
  • Joey Yellen (Arizona State)
  • Dillon Sterling-Cole (Arizona State)
  • Daulton Hyatt (Arkansas)
  • Jett Duffey (Texas Tech)
  • Nick Starkel (Arkansas)
  • John Holcombe (Kansas State)
  • Anthony Brown (Boston College)

@BSLZackKiesel

#111 BSLPatDonohue

BSLPatDonohue

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:31 PM

BSL: NSD Recap, Remaining Unsigned Verbals, & Top Remaining Targets

https://www.baltimor...aining-targets/

• BSLChrisStoner, BSLZackKiesel and Mike B like this

#112 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:21 PM

Good read Pat. I am for JUCO signings, especially if they reinforce the trenches. Maryland has been manhandled by the top tier B10 schools and I think in large part because they not only lose on both lines, but get dominated.
More size and talent is still needed.
@mikeghg

#113 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:32 AM

Baltimore Sun: Houston transfer QB D’Eriq King to visit Maryland this weekend, according to source

https://www.baltimor...35mm-story.html

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#114 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,715 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:49 AM

Baltimore Sun: Houston transfer QB D’Eriq King to visit Maryland this weekend, according to source

https://www.baltimor...35mm-story.html

Yes please. 

Lox was also pushing for the Wake QB who went to Georgia.

#115 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:52 AM

Yes please. 

Lox was also pushing for the Wake QB who went to Georgia.

It'd be nice, but I seriously doubt it happens. Oregon, Miami, Ole Miss, and LSU are all possibilities for him. At least with Jalen Hurts there was the Locksley connection to give people some hope.

@BSLZackKiesel

#116 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,715 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

It'd be nice, but I seriously doubt it happens. Oregon, Miami, Ole Miss, and LSU are all possibilities for him. At least with Jalen Hurts there was the Locksley connection to give people some hope.

Yeah, tough competition.  Lox would likely have to promise the starting job, and the other schools would have to have competition which scares him. 

#117 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 13,146 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:51 PM

Not aware of any connection King would have to any of those other 4 schools.

LSU and Oregon should both be preseason Top 10 teams headed into next season, so they have some obvious appeal there. Oregon does have a new OC to adjust to, but Joe Moorehead is pretty widely respected. And LSU's offense speaks for itself. Miami and Ole Miss were middling, and both also have new OCs.

It does sound like the Terps are a top choice for Jauan Williams, an OT transferring from FSU, who is from DC. He was very highly rated coming out of HS, but never lived up to the billing or became a permanent starter in Tallahassee, despite their OL being pretty poor. He'd seem unlikely to push Duncan or Minor out of their starting positions, but having Power 5 experience as depth on the line is never a bad thing.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#118 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

I may show a lot ignorance to the local scene here, but does it seem like OL coming out of this area rarely live up to the billing?  I have no real way of quantifying that so it might just be perception bias, but I remember Jauan Williams recruitment, and how big of a loss he was, and it just seems like every OL that comes from here ends up not becoming much.

Again, I could totally be wrong.

#119 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 13,146 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

I may show a lot ignorance to the local scene here, but does it seem like OL coming out of this area rarely live up to the billing?  I have no real way of quantifying that so it might just be perception bias, but I remember Jauan Williams recruitment, and how big of a loss he was, and it just seems like every OL that comes from here ends up not becoming much.

Again, I could totally be wrong.

Calvin Ashley is another name I remember....not really a DMV guy but he did play his senior year at St. Johns and created a huge stir when everyone thought he was going to flip to UM from Auburn. Last I heard he was at an FCS school last season.

I think a major part of what you allude to is just the difficulty in evaluating O-lineman at such a young age. I'd say it is the position with the steepest developmental curve in college football, both physically and mentally....especially now that offenses are designed and simplified for the QBs to take advantage of their athletic talents over their ability to read defenses and quickly react.

It does seem like a lot of highly rated local OL don't make it in college, but I'd be interested to see how that compares with other regions. Maybe there is something to the DMV being overrated in that regard, perhaps because they don't face competition as deep as other areas that produce a lot of football talent. Or maybe the coaching isn't as good? (UM coaches always talk about the high-quality HS coaching in the DMV, but you sort of have to pay that lip service....you aren't going to get many good local recruits by disparaging their coaches)

#120 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:06 PM

Not aware of any connection King would have to any of those other 4 schools.

LSU and Oregon should both be preseason Top 10 teams headed into next season, so they have some obvious appeal there. Oregon does have a new OC to adjust to, but Joe Moorehead is pretty widely respected. And LSU's offense speaks for itself. Miami and Ole Miss were middling, and both also have new OCs.

Early indication is that it'll be Miami.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners