120 replies to this topic

#61 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,982 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:12 AM

I wasn't very thrilled to hear Austin Fontaine was moving to OL back when it was announced. I'm liking it even less today, with McLean and now Spence departing. Any chance Fontaine switches back to defense? You don't want to keep flipping him back and forth, but with the glaring lack of depth on the D-line, having a kid who was the #15 DT in the nation in his recruiting class playing guard makes zero sense.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#62 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:27 AM

I wasn't very thrilled to hear Austin Fontaine was moving to OL back when it was announced. I'm liking it even less today, with McLean and now Spence departing. Any chance Fontaine switches back to defense? You don't want to keep flipping him back and forth, but with the glaring lack of depth on the D-line, having a kid who was the #15 DT in the nation in his recruiting class playing guard makes zero sense.

100% agree.

#63 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:56 AM

It's certainly possible that Fontaine switches back, but I know he's impressed the coaching staff on the offensive line. He's basically locked into the #2 LG spot. The move to a 3-4 defensive scheme makes dealing with the losses of McLean and Spence a bit easier. For reference, here's my projected 3-deep:

DE: 1. Brett Kulka, 2. Lawtez Rogers, 3. Tyler Baylor

NT: 1. Oluwaseun Oluwatimi, 2. Breyon Gaddy, 3. Oseh Saine

DT: 1. Keiron Howard, 2. Brandon Gaddy, 3. Jalen Alexander

If Fontaine were to switch back to defense, he'd be in the mix at nose tackle.

@BSLZackKiesel

#64 araiderfan

araiderfan
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

Oseh Saine was removed from the team 3-4 weeks ago and is no longer at UMD

At 250lbs, kullka is not big enough to play a 4 tech. He will be more serviceable in situations

where they switch to a 4-3

#65 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:48 AM

WR Jeshaun Jones has torn his ACL and will miss the entire 2019 season. Absolutely brutal.

With Jones out, this is my projected 3-deep at WR:

WR (X): 1. Dontay Demus, 2. Darryl Jones, 3. Isaiah Hazel

WR (Z): 1. Brian Cobbs, 2. MJ Jarrell, 3. Jayden Comma

WR (H): 1. DJ Turner, 2. Sean Savoy, 3. Sean Nelson

@BSLZackKiesel

#66 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,457 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:53 AM

That just sucks. Rough couple of days.

#67 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:08 PM

It wouldn't be Maryland Football without a torn ACL. The season can officially begin.

I'm pretty sure Rayshad Lewis is back at WR too.

#68 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

Sounds like RB Lorenzo Harrison III was carted off the field today with his head in his hands. The hits just keep on coming...

@BSLZackKiesel

#69 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:42 PM

Sounds like RB Lorenzo Harrison III was carted off the field today with his head in his hands. The hits just keep on coming...

Early word is that this injury isn't as serious as first thought, so hopefully that's the case.

In other news, sounds like Ron Zook may be joining the coaching staff as an analyst and assistant to Locksley. Nothing confirmed yet, but I did see his name on an office door in one of the pictures posted by a player on Twitter a few weeks back, so he's definitely in the building.

@BSLZackKiesel

#70 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,457 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

Early word is that this injury isn't as serious as first thought, so hopefully that's the case.

In other news, sounds like Ron Zook may be joining the coaching staff as an analyst and assistant to Locksley. Nothing confirmed yet, but I did see his name on an office door in one of the pictures posted by a player on Twitter a few weeks back, so he's definitely in the building.

Cavanaugh said Zook is official.

Also said Anoma's preference was MD, wasn't able to get in, so went to Houston.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#71 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,457 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:42 AM

Cavanaugh's other note yesterday on 105.7 was that Jackson is getting most of the time at QB1, and that LeGendre is looking great. 

Also said Nick Cross might start at S.

#72 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:57 AM

Cavanaugh's other note yesterday on 105.7 was that Jackson is getting most of the time at QB1, and that LeGendre is looking great. 

Also said Nick Cross might start at S.

Yeah, I've gone ahead and moved Jackson into the #1 spot in my projected depth chart. https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

As for Cross, he'll probably start at strong safety when the defense is in nickel/dime formations and Antoine Brooks moves down to play nickel. But I don't see him as a free safety, so it'll be Deon Jones/Jordan Mosley and Brooks starting in base formations.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#73 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:59 AM

Former Terps QB C.J. Brown will be joining Johnny Holliday and former Terps RB LaMont Jordan on radio broadcasts this season.

• BSLChrisStoner and DJ MC like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#74 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

Former Terps QB C.J. Brown will be joining Johnny Holliday and former Terps RB LaMont Jordan on radio broadcasts this season.

For as long as he was seemingly around I wouldn't be surprised if they discover he still has eligibility and ends up in a game this season.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#75 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

For as long as he was seemingly around I wouldn't be surprised if they discover he still has eligibility and ends up in a game this season.

I still remember the Diamondback article on April Fool's in 2015 saying he'd been granted a 7th year of eligibility

@BSLZackKiesel

#76 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,457 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:01 AM

Washington PostMaryland hopes transfers from Ohio State, Clemson can bring winning tradition

#77 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,173 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

Washington PostMaryland hopes transfers from Ohio State, Clemson can bring winning tradition

A.k.a. the Millar Effect.

@DJ_McCann

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,457 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Balt Sun: Notes from Scrimmage
https://www.baltimor...l774-story.html

#79 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:26 AM

So not only does Locksley seem to disagree that moving Fontaine back to defense would bolster the talent and depth on a thin DL, but now he's moving Breyon Gaddy to offense to play guard. WTF?!?!

https://247sports.co...Line-134405470/

#80 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,457 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:35 AM

So not only does Locksley seem to disagree that moving Fontaine back to defense would bolster the talent and depth on a thin DL, but now he's moving Breyon Gaddy to offense to play guard. WTF?!?!

https://247sports.co...Line-134405470/

Odd decisions with both imo. There actually is oline depth. To take from the already thin Dline is very curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners