1360 replies to this topic

#701 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,659 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:30 PM

1: You can kill someone by stepping on their unhelmetted face at 330 lbs with cleats.
2: Antonio Smith swung his helmet at the head of Richie Incognito a few years back.

I need some clarity about what your exact point is, I haven't read all the posts in enough detail.

Do you think this suspension was too harsh?

#702 hallas

hallas

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around LA

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:29 PM

I need some clarity about what your exact point is, I haven't read all the posts in enough detail.

Do you think this suspension was too harsh?

I think 6 games is appropriate because it’s a terrible look, and it’s comparable to what Haynesworth did that got him 5, and I’m ok with an extra game given the emphasis on player safety. I was responding to Rob saying he deserved 10+. My response is that it’s already out of line with other situations except for the Haynesworth suspension, and 10+ would be waaay out of line, and would probably get overturned on appeal.

#703 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:02 PM

49ers are leading the Cards 17-16 in the 3rd. 

Raiders over the Bengals 14-7.

Philly leading NE 10-9.

#704 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

Dallas beat Detroit 35-27... Cowboys 6-4.

Bills beat the Dolphins 37-20.  Bills 7-3. 

#705 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

Vikings came back to beat Denver.  Minnesota is 8-3.

Saints doubled up Tampa Bay. 34-17.  NO is 8-2.

#706 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

Jets beat Washington 34-17.  NY is 3-7.

Atlanta is also 3-7 after beating Carolina 29-3.

#707 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

ESPN:

Derek Carr was nearly perfect in the first half as the Raiders took a 14-7 lead into the half against the Bengals. All Carr did was complete 14 of 15 passes, including his first 14 in a row, for 151 yards and a TD. The Raiders seemed to sleepwalk through the first quarter as the winless Bengals scored first before Carr led scoring drives of 91 and 80 yards in 11 and 10 plays, respectively. Carr also scored his own TD, scrambling and diving - yes, with both hands on the ball - for a 3-yard score.

A dominant defensive performance against Tom Brady (11-of-25, 103 yards) and the Patriots attack has the Eagles up 10-9 at the half. New England is 0-for-2 in the red zone and managed just 18 rushing yards against an Eagles' D that is owning the line of scrimmage.

It was another tough-sledding game for RB Le'Veon Bell, but he believes there was some progress in the run game. "I feel like it's getting better," he said. Bell complimented running mate Bilal Powell — well, except the play in which he tripped on the way to the end zone. "I'm sure he wishes he didn't tackle himself," Bell joked.

#708 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

ESPN:

The 49ers sleep walked through the first quarter but got back in it with the help of a 57-yard catch and run from receiver Richie James Jr. and enter the locker room down 16-10. It was an ugly first half but it could have been much worse given how the first quarter went. The Niners must find a way to get their dormant run game going as the defense will presumably continue to settle in. Either way, the road to 9-1 doesn't appear to be easy.

Coach Adam Gase said Sam Darnold has taken ownership of the offense. "He knows what he likes, he knows what he doesn't like and he's not afraid to say it," Gase said. "He's taking more control of everything." This was Darnold's first four-TD game since his 2017 season at USC.

Biggest takeaway: The Redskins have a long way to go just to reach respectability. Losing by 17 to the New York Jets at home -- after a bye -- was inexcusable. Rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins endured growing pains, but don't blame him for the loss. He's not yet good enough to carry an offense that needs carrying. The defense makes the same mistakes that have plagued them for more than half a decade. But this is where the Redskins are at: 1-9 with no hope in sight for the immediate future.

Jaguars DE Calais Campbell on giving up 264 yards rushing, which includes 116 by Jonathan Williams -- who, by the way, had just 1 yard rushing before today: "We understand that when we stop the run we're a tough team to beat. But when teams run like they ran today, we're going to lose. No ifs, ands or buts about it. We can't let them run like they did today and expect to win ballgames. I don't care who you are in this league. You give up, I'm sure it was over 200 yards, you're going to lose."

#709 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

ESPN: 

Redskins quarterback Dwayne Haskins said his takeaway from the Jets' loss was "life is hard... got to work harder." He also said after exhorting his linemen on the sidelines he asked them what he could do better. He said things changed thereafter. It helped that they used more of the quick game. "Give me the ball and let me play. That what I did."

Silver lining for the Panthers: Christian McCaffrey joined Herschel Walker and Roger Craig as the only players in NFL history with at least 2,000 rushing yards and 2,000 receiving yards in their first 3 seasons. Said McCaffrey: ‘'I just want to win.''

The Saints got the kind of emphatic win they needed to wash the stink off last week's loss, beating Tampa Bay 34-17. And now at 8-2, they can try to establish their dominance in the NFC South even more when they host the second-place Panthers (5-5) next week.

#710 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:11 PM

Colts beat the Jags 33-13.

San Fran is 9-1 after beating Arizona. 

The Patriots are 9-1 after beating Philly 17-10.

ESPN:  

Dak Prescott's 841 passing yards in the last two games are the most in consecutive games by a quarterback in team history. “I don't think about performances in the past. I'm not going to sit here and look too much on this performance. It's about what we can do now, how can we get better. We're going to close this book and the next one is a very, very good opponent so I got to keep playing like this and put our team in position to win games.”

#711 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:12 PM

ESPN: 

Carson Wentz is going to have to play transcendent football if the Philadelphia Eagles are to overcome the slew of injuries on offense and make a playoff push down the stretch. That was not the case in the Eagles' 17-10 loss to the New England Patriots Sunday, as Wentz finished 20-of-39 for 214 yards and a touchdown. He had a ton working against him. Not only was he down top receivers Alshon Jeffery and DeSean Jackson and lead back Jordan Howard entering the game, but lost right tackle Lane Johnson to a head injury in the second quarter. The Patriots defense teed off, sacking Wentz five times and registering 11 QB hits as a depleted Eagles offense managed just 3.9 yards per play. It falls on Wentz to thrive amid the adversity and make everyone around him better, as other top-end quarterbacks, like his counterpart Sunday, have done over their careers. That might be a tall order, or even unfair, but these are the moments that franchise QBs have to find a way to get it done.

#712 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:07 PM

We don't know how long Garrett's suspension will be.  It is currently an indefinite suspension.  He has to apply for reinstatement.  He is definitely out for the rest of this season.  He may still end up with games next season.  That is yet to be determined.  

#713 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,659 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:22 PM

I think 6 games is appropriate because it’s a terrible look, and it’s comparable to what Haynesworth did that got him 5, and I’m ok with an extra game given the emphasis on player safety. I was responding to Rob saying he deserved 10+. My response is that it’s already out of line with other situations except for the Haynesworth suspension, and 10+ would be waaay out of line, and would probably get overturned on appeal.

I think 10+ games is absolutely justified for what he did.

I don't care at all about being in line with past precedent. Being a slave to precedent only should be done when the people making the earlier decisions can be assumed to have made good choices. I don't think the NFL qualifies.

#714 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:39 PM

Rams leading the Bears 10-7 in the 4th.

#715 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:57 PM

Flag out, on a 51 yard Rams score...  

#716 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:57 PM

Illegal formation waives the score off. 

Goff connecting on a couple of deep passes tonight.  Rams committed to running the ball tonight. 

#717 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:02 PM

Few players later, Rams score...   17-7, 3:31 left. 

Collingsworth pointing out the changes on the Rams O-line, some younger, bigger bodies. 

#718 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,503 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:03 PM

Bears remind me a lot of the Ravens under Kyle Boller.  Defense works its asses off, offense can not move the ball.

Trubisky starring as Kyle.

@mikeghg

#719 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:26 AM

I'm sure the NFL didn't count on this Sunday night's game as being more or less an elimination game for both the Rams and the Bears. Chicago can start making offseason plans after this one, and I'm still at a loss to explain how a team can attempt 43 passes, yet still have less than 200 yards through the air.

Los Angeles currently stands at 6-4, but I think they'll be 6-5 after next Monday night. They're not nearly as impressive as they were this time a year ago.

#720 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:29 AM

Bears remind me a lot of the Ravens under Kyle Boller.  Defense works its asses off, offense can not move the ball.

Trubisky starring as Kyle.

And to think Chicago could have had either Patrick Mahomes or DeShaun Watson instead. 

I think the next quarterback to lead the Bears to a playoff victory is currently not on the roster and is probably still in college.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners