#761 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,602 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:31 PM

Browns killing Miami. Steelers down 7-3 at halftime in Cinci. Steelers host Cleveland next Sunday. If Pitt lost today and won next week, that would pretty much eliminate both them and Cleveland IMO.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#762 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:16 PM

Just saw something I've never seen before in the Pit/Cin game. DE came untouched and grabbed Findley at the 1/2 yard line and tackled him in the end zone. They first called safety and then reversed it saying Findley was first contacted outside of the end zone. He wasn't down, he was just touched at the 1/2 yard line. The actual takedown occurred a few yards into the end zone. So now the QB gets the benefit of the doubt and is down right where he is first touched? Yet if the DE hadn't tackled him he could run and the play would be alive. Wow. Just put the flags on QBs right now and do away with any physical contact on them.

Unless there's some context to the play I would need to see beyond that description, forward progress--especially in safety-adjacent situations--isn't a new idea. Nor a QB-exclusive one.
@DJ_McCann

#763 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 122,249 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

New England up 10-3 and driving.

#764 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 122,249 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

Redskins won today... 19-16 over Detroit.   Lions are 3-7-1 going into Thanksgiving. 

Seattle is 9-2 after beating Philly.  Wentz feeling some heat. 

Jets are playing better... now 4-7 after trashing Oakland.  Darnold another nice game. 

Saints are also 9-2 after beating Carolina 34-31.  DJ Moore with a big game for the Panthers, but not enough to beat Brees. 

Browns within a game of .50 0 after beating Miami 41-24. Mayfield 24 of 34, 327 yards, 3 TDs. 

Bengals are 0-11 after losing 16-10 to Pittsburgh. 

Chicago is 5-6 after beating the Giants. 

Buffalo is 8-3 after beating Denver 20-3.  

Tampa beat Atlanta 35-22.  Winston with 3 TDs, Godwin a huge game. 

Tennessee is crushing Jacksonville. 
New England is up 10-6 on Dallas.

• DJ MC likes this

#765 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

Patriots are going 15-1. Every decent team but one pisses down their leg whenever they play them. 

• NewMarketSean and BSLJordanKough like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#766 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,602 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

Come on Dallas.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#767 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:00 PM

If the Patriots go 15-1 it will be because their toughest games are home.  It's tough to play them up there.  They have to go to Houston next week, but 4 of their last 6 are at home and the other road game is Cincinnati.   If they beat Houston they might run the table.  Speaking of Cincinnati, somewhere Marvin Lewis has to laughing just a little bit.  At least his teams were mostly competitive.  

#768 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

Horrible tripping call vs Dallas just now

Goes from a first down to 3rd and 11...and now it’s 4th down.

Horrible

#769 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

Not a catch.

#770 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

If the Patriots go 15-1 it will be because their toughest games are home.  It's tough to play them up there.  They have to go to Houston next week, but 4 of their last 6 are at home and the other road game is Cincinnati.   If they beat Houston they might run the table.  Speaking of Cincinnati, somewhere Marvin Lewis has to laughing just a little bit.  At least his teams were mostly competitive.  

Houston sucks. KC sucks. Dallas really sucks. The refs suck. Patriots are going to the Super Bowl too.

@BSLMikeRandall

#771 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

Jason Garrett is an awful coach.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#772 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

I've got to wonder about Jason Garret's decisions.  He went for the FG down 7 when he was deep in NE territory, then he went for it deep in his own territory with 3 TO's left.  NE runs the clock out, but at best he gave them an easy FG try.  I know there was a lot less time on the clock, but at 4th and 11 did that really give you the best chance at winning?

#773 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:34 PM

Houston sucks. KC sucks. Dallas really sucks. The refs suck. Patriots are going to the Super Bowl too.

I don't know about all that.  Houston has a terrible O-line and misses JJ Watt so that is challenging for them.  KC's defense is suspect but it does make some big plays and their offense is very capable of putting up points.  If the Patriots get home field advantage it is difficult to see them losing up there.  The Ravens probably have the best formula to do that though.  The unconventional offense will require the Patriots to alter their defensive game plan and that could present them with some problems.  I still wouldn't bet against NE at home.  

#774 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 122,249 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

ESPN: The Cowboys did what they do against the top teams: simply not make enough plays and make critical errors. That doomed their chances in their 13-9 loss to New England. At 6-5, they remain in first place in the NFC East but that's mostly because of how inept the rest of the division is. Up next is 8-3 Buffalo on Thanksgiving.

#775 Ravens2006

Ravens2006
  • Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

I've got to wonder about Jason Garret's decisions.  He went for the FG down 7 when he was deep in NE territory, then he went for it deep in his own territory with 3 TO's left.  NE runs the clock out, but at best he gave them an easy FG try.  I know there was a lot less time on the clock, but at 4th and 11 did that really give you the best chance at winning?

I'll reiterate BSLRobShields... Jason Garrett is an awful NFL Head Coach...

#776 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:57 AM

I didn't understand that decision, either. A field goal really didn't do them much good in that instance since they would have still needed a TD to win. If they had gone for it and missed, however, at least they would have pinned New England back deep in their own territory with the wind in their face. 

Jason Garrett is reportedly "on notice," (whatever that's supposed to mean) now that Dallas is 0-4 this season against teams currently seeded in the playoff picture. Myself, I've never been that impressed with Garrett, but even if a change is ultimately made, what legitimate coaching candidate is going to want to work for Jerry Jones?

#777 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

I didn't understand that decision, either. A field goal really didn't do them much good in that instance since they would have still needed a TD to win. If they had gone for it and missed, however, at least they would have pinned New England back deep in their own territory with the wind in their face.

Jason Garrett is reportedly "on notice," (whatever that's supposed to mean) now that Dallas is 0-4 this season against teams currently seeded in the playoff picture. Myself, I've never been that impressed with Garrett, but even if a change is ultimately made, what legitimate coaching candidate is going to want to work for Jerry Jones?

Well, 4th and 7 is tougher to convert. I know Aikman was adamant about going for it. But you needed a TD and a FG to win down by 7. If they were kicking the PAT. The order didn’t really matter. You had to score something or else the Pats could have won the game with a FG, putting the score out of reach with the time left. If you kick the FG, allow a FG, you can still tie with a TD.

Either way, the refs were gift wrapping that game for the Pats. 2 bogus tripping calls. And even the goofus in the broadcast booth was like, “you can see his leg is moving...” and Aikman responded with “he’s blocking a guy, of course he has to move his legs.”

As for Garrett, feel like he’s been on the hot seat for 8 years. If they do replace him, anyone will take that job. Unfortunately, Dallas Cowboys head coach makes you immediately famous forever.
@BSLMikeRandall

#778 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

I actually didn’t mind the FG decision.

I get that could pin them if you don’t convert but you do need 2 scores to win the game and you were pretty much guaranteed to get the ball back.
  • JStruds likes this

#779 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,738 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:41 PM

That game should end any "Dak for MVP talk" that's been going on. He's also thrown 10 INTs this year.

It's Lamar, Wilson (who had a mediocre game yesterday) and CMC.

But really, this is Lamar's award to lose IMO.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#780 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,738 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:44 PM

NE's offense is so bad right now I can see Houston and KC beating them.

But my money is on them going 15-1.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users