BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,447 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

San Diego is such a great place!

Btw, I went in the water the other day on a very scenic beach and the water temp was a lovely 70.4 degrees. So while the water temp in SoCal is not as good as the beach by us, it's not always too cold to go in.

#82 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,415 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:02 AM

Bacalar, Mexico looks awesome. I've been to Yucatan several times, but have only ever done Mayan Riviera. Now I need to do Holbox, Merida, Campeche and Bacalar.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#83 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,313 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

Just got back from 5 days in Kingston, Ontario.

I'm used to upstate NY, and was expecting it to be similarly nice.  But this exceeded my expectations, was far nicer and grander than the Finger Lakes region.  My wife's sister is married to a British Army officer.  They've been stationed all over, but have been back in England for the past 5 years.  He just took a new posting in Canada and will be there for 3 years, we drove up for the first time this past weekend.  

Their house backs right up to the St Lawrence River.  Amazing view from their home, full glass windowed back walls looking out over the water.

Dowtown Kingston itself is very cool.  Feels sort of like a combo of Annapolis and Georgetown.  We also did a morning in Gananoque which is a smaller, older feel.  Like Old EC with a bit less charm.  There was a massive cigarette boat race going on the weekend we were there so we saw tons of huge speedboats going at ridiculous speeds.

My dog loved it, he jumped in the river basically all day long as much as we'd let him and my son did fantastic on his first long car trip.  What should've been about 7 1/2 hours to drive took us about 10 with all the extra stops for feeding and changing, but not too bad overall.  I'm sure we will be back up in the area at least 2X a year.  Would like to venture a bit further and check out Montreal sometime soon.  Maybe Toronto another time.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLSeanJester like this

#84 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,415 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:32 PM

The drive to and from Montreal isnt bad if you can break it up with an overnight. I wouldn't do that drive all the way through with a young child.

We thought we'd be in Rochester for Thanksgiving so I was hoping to get back to Niagara-on-the-Lake for some wineries but it got moved to Elmira. It's still OK, I guess, but the Finger Lake wines aren't on the level as NOTL.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#85 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,447 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

Kelly and I recently had a great time in the best state!

We had two fantastic beach days including a very cool short slot canyon hike near Solana Beach.

I saw the Orioles pull out a win in Anaheim and get destroyed in San Diego. I also enjoyed a game at lovely Dodger stadium.

There was also lots of great beer to be had as well as some wine in the Temecula valley.

Joshua Tree and the Palm Springs Aerial Tram were a couple highlights in the desert.

We had a great time at my favorite zoo.

Lots of great food too with tacos leading the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners