#442 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:55 AM

Saw a post on Facebook and apparently Twitter is lit up with Ohio State fans telling everybody to stay away from ESPN College Game Day because they are biased toward the SEC and hate Ohio State.

Boo freaking hoo. The same elitist fan base that said a 10-2 Ohio State "deserved" to be in a BCS bowl over a 12-0 Boise State. Even their university president said we were just "little sisters of the poor." So Ohio State can bite me.  They are a really really good team, maybe the best? But I NEVER root for that slime school even when they play Bama....lol.

#443 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,039 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

Yet one of the guys who gets the most mic time on air is an Ohio State alum. Lol. Just one more reason to despise those elitist jerks.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#444 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,039 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:01 AM

Oh I'm sorry, an The Ohio State alum.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#445 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,521 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

Ohio State has been controlling Penn State... were up 21-0.... PSU gets their initial TD... 8:19 left in the 3rd.

#446 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,521 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:16 PM

Minnesota rolling NW. 

#447 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,521 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

Penn State recovers a fumble deep in Ohio State territory.

#448 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,521 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:18 PM

PSU cashes in.  XP pending, 21-13, 7:54 left in the 3rd.

#449 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,521 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:24 PM

Another Ohio State fumble, another PSU recovery.   Review pending.

#450 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,039 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

Great game. Great for the conference. This game is being played at a high level. Of course bracing for disappointment ultimately in what is the only day of the year I root for Penn State.

#451 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,039 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

Oregon in real trouble against ASU. And frankly even if they do pull this one out, I think they've played themselves out of contention IMO.
  • Mike B likes this

#452 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,789 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:06 PM

ASU 31- Oregon 28

@mikeghg

#453 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,789 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:08 PM

Jayden Daniels-ASU Freshman QB had 402 passing yards including 3 long TD bombs.

The kid looks like he is about 160 pounds

@mikeghg

#454 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,193 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:57 AM

Assuming they beat A&M next week, LSU is in whether they win the SEC title game or not.

Clemson has to win out because of their schedule IMO.

Ohio St probably could lose one of the last 2 games and still get into the playoff.  

It really is that 4th spot.  Right now, I don't like what I am seeing out of UGA and while I think they beat GT next week, I see no reason to think they can beat LSU.  Their offense is just horrendous right now.  But if they do win that game, they are certainly going to be in.

Bama obviously has to win next week and see what happens.

I think if I were to bet, the committee will not put Utah or OU in over Alabama if Bama wins the Iron Bowl.  The Tua injury hurts but you are playing a team that a lot of people still rank highly even though they have a lot of losses.  However, if they go into Auburn and win, I think that is the difference in the eyes of the committee.

What I do think is that its possible that if Minnesota wins out, that they would be the ones to jump Alabama.

The only way I see Utah in the playoff is if OU loses one of their 2 remaining games, Bama loses next week, UGA loses to LSU or GT AND Minnesota doesn't win out.    Of course, Utah needs to win their remaining games as well.

Most likely we see LSU, OSU, Clemson and Bama, which sets up a tremendous 4 team playoff.

• Ricker Says likes this
@BSLRobShields

#455 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

Oregon losing really not only killed any chance they had but it really hurt Utah as well. Utah looked really good last night but now if they win the PAC Championship it will be over a 2 loss Oregon.

Shame because I'd like to see them in the playoffs but not going to happen unless Auburn beats Bama and LSU beats Georgia.

#456 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:36 AM

Go Broncos!

Go Bearcats!

#457 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 13,087 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

So, Ole Miss lost to Mississippi State 21-20 in the Egg Bowl last night, due in no small part to an Ole Miss player pretending to pee like a dog in the end zone after scoring a TD with 4 seconds remaining. (the resulting unsportsmanlike penalty pushed the extra point attempt back....and, naturally, the kick missed)

I'm soooooooo gonna miss college football when the season is over!!!

usp-ncaa-football_-mississippi-at-missis

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#458 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:04 PM

The story I read said the kick was barely a yard wide too. Such a dumb ass act. Be interesting to see how the team deals with this. Apparently that player is only a sophomore and their best WR. Some fans were calling for him to get kicked off the team.Celebrating is one thing and college refs tend to get too bent out of shape on "excessive" but every ref ever would call this garbage.

#459 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 13,087 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:09 PM

Be interesting to see how the team deals with this.

I would say at minimum a full game suspension is in order, and since there will be no bowl game for Ole Miss it will have to carry over to next season. And if Ole Miss doesn't do much, I'd expect the SEC to step in. As much as a I laugh at the irony of the whole thing, that was about as stupid a thing I've seen. And I can't help but feel a little bad for Ole Miss's kicker....you can't put the blame on him when a near-automatic extra point to tie the game suddenly ends up being a much higher-pressure 35 yard kick, but I imagine he still felt awful over missing it.

#460 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,193 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:06 PM

Maybe the NCAA should lighten up seeing as this is really not a big deal
@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users