#181 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,452 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

It seems like Lamar has 3-4 drops on well-placed balls every week by different receivers.

So did Joe

#182 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

It wasn't. I don't know you, nor know how old you are. If I was directing something at you, I'd quote you, so you know I'm responding to you. I wasn't ranting at old guys either, so shove it right back at ya. 

mdrunning answered my question perfectly. Exactly what I wanted to know. Did the fans rally for Morrall? Or was it like this, or like Montana/Young. Did Unitas walk on water while Morrall was placed under a microscope on every snap of the ball?

You even said later you weren't around during that era or even the Bert Jones era anyway. So maybe you're my age (34) or younger? So you 100% were not my target audience for a response. 

I wrote what I did for this reason. I get people have lives, life happens, but I kinda felt like the game thread was lacking big time because Lamar was doing good. Lamar had unseated a healthy Joe Flacco. All the weeks of debates, Lamar starts over Joe and does well and all the Pro-Joe guys I thought were hiding, instead of backing the team, or rallying behind Jackson. They thought they were right that Flacco gives the Ravens the best chance to win. John Harbaugh said Lamar Jackson does, so the pro-Joe crew said, screw this. At least, that is the vibe I got from a real quiet game thread in a playoff race, a division race. 

I'm sure had Lamar thrown two INTs in the first half all the Pro-Joe guys would have found a way to chime in and bang their drum because people love to be right and the internet gives people a voice. You banged your drum after one errant pass. Cool. You also gave credit for a good pass. Great. Thats kinda the way it should go. Rob came in late and gave his credit for a good game. Great. Good to see that. 

Like I said, people have lives that trump football sometimes, I've missed game threads before, it's all good. Seems a little convenient that a lot of people (not just here) couldn't find their phone, or tv, or ticket to the game, the same day a healthy Joe Flacco sits for the first time ever in 11 years. But, whatever. Now I'm being a dick so I'll stop.

Fair enough Mike.  I will say I had a few more cocktails yesterday than I expected, certainly more than my wife would have liked.  :)

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#183 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

So did Joe

I was trying to build this theory that Flacco's passes were difficult to catch and that was the reason for all the drops over the years but it's still going on with Jackson.  I think receivers in general around the league are dropping more passes.  Who knows but it is very frustrating to watch.  Especially on plays that could yield significant yardage or touchdowns. 

#184 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,452 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

I was trying to build this theory that Flacco's passes were difficult to catch and that was the reason for all the drops over the years but it's still going on with Jackson.  I think receivers in general around the league are dropping more passes.  Who knows but it is very frustrating to watch.  Especially on plays that could yield significant yardage or touchdowns. 

LOL...So, you wanted to make something up to try to prove your theory?  When I see stuff like this, it totally discredits your opinion on things.

It just shows how biased you are.

#185 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

LOL...So, you wanted to make something up to try to prove your theory?  When I see stuff like this, it totally discredits your opinion on things.

It just shows how biased you are.

Seriously, I just couldn't believe our receivers were so inept at catching balls.  I thought, "well maybe Flacco's passes are just difficult to catch for whatever reason."  I even asked Bruce Laird when he came into where I work and he said, "No. Bert Jones threw harder than Flacco and there weren't that many drops."  I'm not making something up...I'm just trying to prove a theory that he was difficult to catch.  Now that I'm seeing the same results with Jackson, it's obviously not on Flacco.  So there, you can rest easy tonight. 

#186 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

It seems like Lamar has 3-4 drops on well-placed balls every week by different receivers.

He's also had a number of completions which weren't exactly accurate. No quarterback is pinpoint on every throw, of course, but completions on poor throws practically eliminate the possibility of yards after the catch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners