#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 103,453 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:06 PM

MLB Network Set for Extensive Winter Meetings Coverage From Las Vegas,

Starting This Sunday, December 9 at 8:00 p.m. ET

MLB General Managers Alex Anthopoulos, Rick Hahn, Dayton Moore & Mike Rizzo Join MLB Network’s

Brian Kenny & Dan O’Dowd for Business of Baseball Roundtable

CohnReznick to Serve as Presenting Sponsor for All Winter Meetings Coverage Across MLB Media

December 3, 2018 – MLB Network will produce extensive coverage of the 2018 Baseball Winter Meetings in Las Vegas later this week, with insiders Peter Gammons, Jon Heyman, Ken Rosenthal, Joel Sherman and Tom Verducci reporting live across more than 45 hours of on-site programming.

For the first time, coverage of the Winter Meetings across all of MLB’s media platforms will be presented by the advisory, assurance, and tax firm CohnReznick. As part of the collaboration, MLB Network will produce a new series, Business of Baseball, which will explore the strategic issues franchises tackle on and off the field, such as enhancing the fan experience or leveraging data and analytics. The series will begin with MLB’s first-ever GM roundtable conversation with Alex Anthopoulos (Atlanta Braves), Rick Hahn (Chicago White Sox), Dayton Moore (Kansas City Royals) and Mike Rizzo (Washington Nationals), moderated by MLB Network host Brian Kenny and analyst and former GM Dan O’Dowd. Excerpts from the discussion will be featured across MLB Network programming this week, followed by a one-hour show on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 8:00 p.m. ET. “Baseball is more than a game, it’s a business built on a foundation of strategy and leadership. That is why we are proud to support this unique content, taking fans behind the scenes to understand the business side of America’s pastime,” said Frank Longobardi, CEO of CohnReznick.

Interviews with club managers and general managers, insights into club strategy, and player analysis from MLB Network’s Mark DeRosa, Kevin Millar, Dan Plesac and Harold Reynolds will be featured across programming and social content from Las Vegas, beginning with MLB Tonight on Sunday, Dec. 9 at 8:00 p.m. ET. Each of MLB Network’s offseason studio shows will air live on-site from Monday, Dec. 10 through Thursday, Dec. 13, beginning with Hot Stove at 9:00 a.m. ET, followed by High Heat with Christopher Russo, MLB Now, Intentional Talk and MLB Tonight. In exclusive social-first content produced each day, MLB Network’s on-air personalities will also offer their takes on player trades and signings, and provide a behind-the-scenes look at the Winter Meetings, including the PBEO Job Fair and the Baseball Trade Show.

MLB Network’s coverage will also feature the Today’s Game Era election results announcement from the National Baseball Hall of Fame on Sunday, Dec. 9 during MLB Tonight. Harold Baines, Albert Belle, Joe Carter, Will Clark, Orel Hershiser, Davey Johnson, Charlie Manuel, Lou Piniella, Lee Smith and George Steinbrenner were named last month as the candidates for the Today’s Game Era Committee’s consideration for the Class of 2019.

MLB Network’s complete programming schedule and a link to its authenticated live stream are available at www.MLBNetwork.com.

• BSLChrisBacon likes this

#2 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:20 PM

I wonder if we surprise and do a trade?

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 103,453 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

While in the O's section, we'll use this thread for general talk.

CBS Sports: MLB winter meetings 2018: What you need to know about the Cubs, Cardinals and the rest of the NL Central
https://www.cbssport...the-nl-central/

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,551 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:11 PM

Cards get the most underrated superstar in baseball. Golschmidt goes to St Louis for a very good package of young players.

Only 1 year left on PGs current deal.
@BSLRobShields

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,757 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:21 PM

At a glance I like Diaz and Kremer more than the 3 guys Arizona just got. But I only briefly looked at their stats, didn't dig in to any scouting profiles.

#6 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,551 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

At a glance I like Diaz and Kremer more than the 3 guys Arizona just got. But I only briefly looked at their stats, didn't dig in to any scouting profiles.

Weaver and Kelly were top 100 guys last year. Weaver is a guy many of us wanted in a Manny to St Louis deal last yea. Big time arm.

Kelly has been on the better catching prospects the last few years. The third player posted a good year in A last year (didn’t see his age)..plus a draft pick.

That’s a hell of a deal for 1 year of PG.
@BSLRobShields

#7 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,271 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:53 PM

I bet PG signs an extension with STL before next season ends.

@PhelanToTweet

#8 Crouseman

Crouseman

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:55 AM

Agree Cards have a high level of confidence in a Goldschmidt extension vs Manny.  there was zero chance with Manny.

#9 Crouseman

Crouseman

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:04 AM

Be interesting to see if the blockbuster trades continue at winter meetings.  Teams are moving early to fill big holes via trades rather than overpaying on the FA market for lesser talent.  I could see a guys like Kuechel and Pollack being disappointed. 

#10 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:53 AM

This is the first winter in about 5 years where I don't have any desire that the O's do much. No need really. They pissed away five years worth of winter meeting opportunities when they should have done something. So glad we are on to a new regime. Hope they continue to head the direction they are touting. Like what I hear so far.

• clapdiddy likes this

#11 Crouseman

Crouseman

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:32 AM

This is the first winter in about 5 years where I don't have any desire that the O's do much. No need really. They pissed away five years worth of winter meeting opportunities when they should have done something. So glad we are on to a new regime. Hope they continue to head the direction they are touting. Like what I hear so far.

Yeah agree.  Post the 2014 season, the scant off season moves by DD/Brady/Buck were an abject failure. They did little, and when they did it usually bombed.  So glad we have new people for the most part in charge. 

#12 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

Cards get the most underrated superstar in baseball. Golschmidt goes to St Louis for a very good package of young players.
Only 1 year left on PGs current deal.

Cards really rolling the dice here. That's a good package.

#13 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:51 PM

Be interesting to see if the blockbuster trades continue at winter meetings.  Teams are moving early to fill big holes via trades rather than overpaying on the FA market for lesser talent.  I could see a guys like Kuechel and Pollack being disappointed. 

Good point. I think teams will move aggressively and there will be more blockbusters.

#14 Crouseman

Crouseman

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:17 AM

Good point. I think teams will move aggressively and there will be more blockbusters.

The Yanks were more than happy to trade some top prospects for 2 years of Paxon vs over paying for Keuchel or Corbin.  Corbin would of been a decent get at 5/100, but 6/140 just seems foolish.  Rizzo will be choking on that one 3 years from now.  

Also wonder if the Phils getting Segura for SS was their Alternative to paying Manny 300mil plus??  These trades are taking landing spots away from the big FAs.  Just like Goldy going to St. Louis.  They got their big bat rather than paying the big FA dollars. An extension for Goldy is way more feasible than a big splash for Manny or Harper.

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,757 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:26 AM

An extension for Goldy is way more feasible than a big splash for Manny or Harper.

He'll get fewer years because of his age, but I think he will be right there with Manny and Harper in AAV.

#16 Crouseman

Crouseman

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

He'll get fewer years because of his age, but I think he will be right there with Manny and Harper in AAV.

I'm not sure about that.  He is a cut below Manny and Harper.  Either way though, the total dollar outlay will be way less.  

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 103,453 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:21 PM

CBS Sports: MLB Winter Meetings 2018: 10 bold predictions for baseball's big week in Las Vegas
https://www.cbssport...k-in-las-vegas/

#18 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

Who's on your Rule 5 wish list??

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 103,453 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

Projected as MLB's worst team, Orioles enter winter meetings with business of improving from the top http://dlvr.it/QtGXXg 

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 103,453 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

@Ken_Rosenthal
FollowFollow @Ken_Rosenthal
More

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners