Does Flacco start in KC?

#362 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,865 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:41 PM

Jackson had an awful first half. Followed it up with a decent 2nd half.

Nothing he did today changed my plans for the position. If Joe is fully healthy he starts, otherwise it's Lamar.

My guess would be Joe isn't healthy enough to start him over Lamar. But that is absolutely a guess.

#363 Ravens2006

Ravens2006
  • Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:11 PM

The only way Marty​ remembers that running the ball matters is to start Lamar. So start Lamar. And find an OC next year that can succeed in more than one way.

#364 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,215 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:54 PM

The only way Marty​ remembers that running the ball matters is to start Lamar. So start Lamar. And find an OC next year that can succeed in more than one way.

Everyone beats up Marty. and I am not a fan, but I think he fits with the style we need to play to be successful with Lam ar.

Frankly, I think he has done a hell of a job calling the last 3 games.

@mikeghg

#365 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,215 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

The defense did such a great job, today.  But especially when Lamar floundered in the second quarter.  They bowed their back and did not let the Falcons even come close to gaining momentum.

Suggs terrific,  Humphrey, Carr, and Jimmy, Peanut and Young likewise.   

Weddle seemed to have Ryan confused the who game

Wink a terrific game plan.

And the Oline - One stat says it all Time of Possesion

Ravens 39:39

Falcons 20:21

The Ravens had the ball 24 minutes in the second half.

@mikeghg

#366 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,298 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:17 PM

And the Oline - One stat says it all Time of Possesion
Ravens 39:39
Falcons 20:21
The Ravens had the ball 24 minutes in the second half.

Won TOP in all 7 wins and lost TOP in all 5 losses. Something to it. Hard for Julio to have a huge game when he is on the field for 1/3 of the game. The same level of ball control should be the focus for beating KC
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#367 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,215 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

Won TOP in all 7 wins and lost TOP in all 5 losses. Something to it. Hard for Julio to have a huge game when he is on the field for 1/3 of the game. The same level of ball control should be the focus for beating KC

I agree with you, but I don't know if KC will allow it.

It is December and we are playing meaningful games, now we have to make them pay off.

@mikeghg

#368 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:21 PM

Does Flacco start in KC?

No.  I am still not a believer in Lamar Jackson long term.  I have seen multiple times per game he has failed to see open receivers, he has missed on throws where receivers are open, and today showed poor ball security skills.  But even with all that you have to ride the hot hand.  The fact that Flacco has not been cleared to play yet shows me that he is not likely to be 100% the rest of the season.  Jackson is a good athlete and probably the teams most explosive "RB".  I don't think you can win long term like this because teams are already stacking the box and trying to make him beat them with his arm and not his legs.  He is taking a lot of hits and was evaluated for a concussion today.  He didn't produce a lot of points today against a poor defense.  But part of that is because his game is all running.  And yet he is 3-0 as a starter and I think despite the flaws you have to ride him until he crashes and burns.  

#369 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:30 PM

Focus is an understatement.  It will be the ONLY way they beat KC.  

#370 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,849 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

PFF Insights:

OFFENSE

- Topping the Ravens offense was rookie TE Mark Andrews with a 72.6 game grade. Andrews caught all three passes thrown his way for 47 yards, and has proved to be a sure handed target with only 1 drop so far this season.

- Veteran LG Marshal Yanda allowed zero pressures on his way to a 64.2 game grade. He has given up multiple pressures in only three games in 2018, and his Pass Blocking Efficiency mark of 98.9 ranks him fifth among guards.

DEFENSE

- CB Marlon Humphrey had his best performance of the season. He allowed zero receptions on three targets, with two of those passes broken up by Humphrey.

- NT Brandon Williams posted a 90.1 game grade, the sixth-highest mark among interior defenders in Week 13. Most of his work was done in the run game (84.8 run defense grade), but he also added a hurry to his stat sheet.

#371 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

A few observations after going to the game in Atlanta.
Very nice stadium. It was a nice day so the roof was open. Lots of room inside.
Food options were great. Chicken nachos for $8.
Great game for a Ravens fan. Jackson scored his TD on our sideline.

Some of the cons
Really nice circle video board for replays but not other games scores.
Scores were tucked into a corner.
At times it felt like a baseball game with the gimmick giveaways.
One out of town highlight from the TB/Car game.
Maybe they need some video help or its what's expected.

Now the fun part. The throw away pass from RG3 was coming into my section. From going to baseball games I couldn't judge where a ball was going. Thinking a home run ball was coming my and jumping up to find it was ten feet over my head. So here comes the ball at us and thinking no way, I stuck up my hand and it hits me between my thumb and palm. It bounces 2 rows in front where a young Ravens fan grabs it. My one son then gets a text from his friend saying, I saw you on TV, did you drop that pass. He said no, but my dad did.
  • BSLChrisStoner and BSLMikeRandall like this

#372 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

Hey Chris, I was more happy a kid Ravens fan wound up with the ball. He had to switch it out from a game ball. He was still really happy.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#373 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,849 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Hey Chris, I was more happy a kid Ravens fan wound up with the ball. He had to switch it out from a game ball. He was still really happy.

Sounds like a cool experience, you and the other Ravens fans were loud!

#374 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,740 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:49 PM

There was a TON of purple down there. Very proud of this fan base.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#375 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:20 PM

There was a TON of purple down there. Very proud of this fan base.

Lots of people wearing purple. Walking to the stadium we were everywhere.

#376 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

So a follow up to this story. On Christmas my oldest son tells my granddaughter there's one more gift for Pop Pop. She hands me a white envelope but says don'y turn it over. I open it to see an autographed photo of RG3 with the caption, " nice catch ". Then turn the envelope over to see its from the Ravens. My son contacted them and related the story so they mailed him the photo. Pretty cool.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLMikeRandall like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners