#81 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

I don't have a subscription to get beyond the paywall, but the first two lines that you can read without it appear to indicate that MD is still very much in the running for Josh Jackson, the VA Tech QB looking to transfer.

https://247sports.co...ross-129052877/

Yep, this rumor has been flying around today. I don't have a 24/7 subscription either, but people I know who do seem to think Maryland is the leader for him right now so we'll see. Florida State had been rumored to be going after him, but they seem to be focused on Nick Starkel from Texas A&M. He has his degree, so he'd be eligible immediately with 2 years left. With only Bortenschlager and DeSue as the healthy options behind Pigrome right now, Jackson would be a legitimate contender for the starting job this season.

@BSLZackKiesel

#82 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,783 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:47 PM

Florida State had been rumored to be going after him...

That's all I needed to see....he'll be a Terp!

And that MD is still showing this much interest in him would appear to make it all but official that Hill will in fact transfer. Even for UM, six QBs on scholarship at once seems excessive.

• Ricker Says and Pedro Cerrano like this

#83 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:20 PM

Jackson is reportedly visiting campus this weekend.

@BSLZackKiesel

#84 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,560 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:34 PM

That's all I needed to see....he'll be a Terp!

And that MD is still showing this much interest in him would appear to make it all but official that Hill will in fact transfer. Even for UM, six QBs on scholarship at once seems excessive.

If we get Jackson what do you envision the qb situation looking like this year

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#85 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:56 PM

If we get Jackson what do you envision the qb situation looking like this year

With a whole new staff and an offense that will probably be new to all of these guys, I think it'll be wide open headed into August as far as who the starter will be. Since Jackson and LeGendre won't be there until summer, it definitely gives Pigrome a leg up since he'll get a ton of reps this spring.

I'm going under the assumption that they will run an offense similar to what Locksley did at Alabama, one that features a lot of RPOs. That being the case, I don't see Bort being a good fit, and DeSue looked like he needed a ton of work before he'd figure into any competition for meaningful playing time (though he'll get his share of reps this spring too).

Of course MD being MD, any one of these guys, or even all of them, could end up pressed into service at some point, so hopefully they can all execute to some degree of competence...because there is enough skill position talent on this offense that they could be damn good if they just get reasonably decent QB and O-line play.

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#86 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:17 PM

Jackson is reportedly visiting campus this weekend.

Apparently so is Braxton Burmeister, who is transferring from Oregon. He played very little as a sophomore last season, but was pressed into service as a true freshman in 2017 when Justin Herbert was injured. Burmeister really struggled in the games he started, and the Ducks went 1-4. But his recruiting profile was solid; 4-star and the #10 rated dual-threat QB. I'd prefer Jackson if I had to choose, but he might be the best backup choice left out there.

#87 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:36 PM

Locksley sent out two more bat-signals today. One is unranked JuCo LB Mitchell Agude from Riverside Community College.

Josh Jackson, Trevon Hill, and Braxton Burmeister were some of the other players who visited campus this weekend, so stay tuned.

@BSLZackKiesel

#88 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 108,049 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:08 PM

Been watching Jackson's 2017 highlights...MD in pretty good shape if they land him.

#89 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

Locksley sent out two more bat-signals today. One is unranked JuCo LB Mitchell Agude from Riverside Community College.

I think that was the same CC where Underwood played. According to 24x7 Agude is listed at 6'5" and 215....he'll need some weight room time in to play in the Big Ten.

#90 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Been watching Jackson's 2017 highlights...MD in pretty good shape if they land him.

He'll have a WR he's familiar with at least....he and Sean Savoy connected for 39 rec, 454 yds and 4 TDs in 2017.

#91 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 108,049 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:24 PM

#92 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:24 PM

It's official, Jackson's coming to UMD. Another big pickup for Locksley.

• BSLChrisStoner and Dr. FLK like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#93 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:26 PM

Funny how the title of this thread has stood the test of time, despite the fact it was started for an entirely different reason.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this

#94 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:09 AM

Terrapin Times reports that Buffalo graduate transfer TE Tyler Mabry will be on campus this weekend. Served as the Bulls' starting TE last season, and caught 27 passes for 230 yards and 2 TDs. Has good size (6'3", 265 lbs.) and is a former 2-star recruit from the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL.

@BSLZackKiesel

#95 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

Funny how the title of this thread has stood the test of time, despite the fact it was started for an entirely different reason.

Yea, I think when it was started we were all bracing for the worst.

Things IMO, have gone far better, then we could have hoped.  Great job by Locks and his staff, making the very best out of a situation that could have been bad for the program.

@mikeghg

#96 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:14 PM

Terrapin Times reports that Buffalo graduate transfer TE Tyler Mabry will be on campus this weekend. Served as the Bulls' starting TE last season, and caught 27 passes for 230 yards and 2 TDs. Has good size (6'3", 265 lbs.) and is a former 2-star recruit from the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL.

Mabry has committed to Maryland, and will be eligible immediately.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#97 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 108,049 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:32 PM

1st Team All-MAC.

#98 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,865 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:33 PM

Yea, I think when it was started we were all bracing for the worst.

Things IMO, have gone far better, then we could have hoped.  Great job by Locks and his staff, making the very best out of a situation that could have been bad for the program.

Yeah had this been a different coach getting the job I think things would have turned out very differently.

@JeremyMStrain

#99 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

Mabry has committed to Maryland, and will be eligible immediately.

Locksley has almost been surgical in his efforts to build the roster for next year.

I am very impressed on what he has been able to accomplish recruiting wise.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners