#1 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

Raiders are the worst team in the NFL so it should be an easy win in theory. All eyes will once again be on Lamar Jackson to see how he progresses in his rookie season.

https://www.baltimor...raiders-ravens/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@gabefergy

#2 cprenegade

cprenegade

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:02 PM

Baker Mayfield   295 yards,  2 TDs

Nick Mullens      262 yards,  3 TDs

Josh Rosen        136 yards,  3 TDs

Those are the measuring sticks.  All 3 put those numbers up against the Raiders pathetic defense.  For Mayfield and Mullens, it was their first professional starts ever.  Given that the game is at home, against a west coast team in the cold, on the weekend after Thanksgiving, any QB should be expected to put up those kind of numbers.  I don't think the Raiders have totally quit on Gruden, but all the reports I have heard say a number of players are basically begging to get out of Oakland.  I would not expect a top notch effort out of them on Sunday.  

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 109,860 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

Balt Sun: Path to the playoffs: Which Week 12 games can help or hurt the Ravens?

#4 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:01 PM

Those are the measuring sticks.  All 3 put those numbers up against the Raiders pathetic defense.  For Mayfield and Mullens, it was their first professional starts ever.  Given that the game is at home, against a west coast team in the cold, on the weekend after Thanksgiving, any QB should be expected to put up those kind of numbers.  I don't think the Raiders have totally quit on Gruden, but all the reports I have heard say a number of players are basically begging to get out of Oakland.  I would not expect a top notch effort out of them on Sunday.  

Play calling will have a lot do with those numbers, whatever they turn out to be. I don't think he has to hit those numbers to have it considered a successful start

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:08 PM

It depends on how the game plays out.  If the Ravens jump on them early and build a decent lead before halftime, I have no doubt they'll close up shop and just count down the minutes before flying out of BWI.  I know everyone is antsy to see Jackson throw the ball all over God's creation but hell, I'd take a repeat of last week.  Every game is different but the strategy should be the same- establish the run first and then compliment it with quick, short to intermediate passes.  If they can do that successfully, they'll pick up win No. 6 tomorrow. 

• bmore_ken likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners