64 replies to this topic

#61 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 8,893 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:43 AM

They haven’t settled on anyone. Houston with Elias as scouting director went down to the wire with their number one picks and we’re 7 months away. And we don’t have a scouting director or much of a scouting department right now.

Adley Rutschman is the consensus number one at the moment but the team will make their own decision and take their time doing so.
  • sandiegosean likes this

#62 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:30 PM

I would not draft a catcher with the number one overall.

#63 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 8,893 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

Rosenthal: “#Rockies bench coach and former #Marlins manager Mike Redmond among those who have interviewed for the #Orioles’ managerial position, sources tell The Athletic. Others known to have interviewed: Mike Bell, Pedro Grifol, Chip Hale, Brandon Hyde.”

https://twitter.com/...1843641344?s=21

#64 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,862 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

He came across as extremely prepared, analyzing film and being able to communicate that to his younger teammates - both hitters and pitchers. He also made a point of making sure there were no cliques and that the spanish speaking players integrated with the non-spanish speakers. Of course the book was painting him in the best possible light but he seems like a very intelligent baseball mind.

Don Olsen:

Take it for what it is worth, absolutely nothing. I ran into Carlos Beltran’s old agent and asked why his name is not on the hot list of manager vacancies. Seems there might be some mutual interest with the Orioles, but I do not think they have talked with him at his point

• BSLBobPhelan likes this
@BSLRobShields

#65 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

Hyde or Espada would work for me. Read somewhere the Orioles have pretty much settled on Witt.

Espada isn't interviewing.

http://www.masnsport...ther-notes.html

• sandiegosean likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners