Loyola Basketball 2018-19

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

I'll revive this old thread lol, I'm a Loyola alum so I try to keep up with the team as much as I can as I no longer live in Baltimore. Team is young this year and will probably struggle under first year coach Tavares Hardy but they picked up their first win the other night against Delaware State. I like the way they play so far, and I think Hardy and his assistants can recruit the area better than the previous staff so hopefully good things are on the horizon to get back to competing for a league title. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 105,293 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:01 AM

Washington Post: Temple beats Loyola 81-67
https://www.washingt...m=.3b8ec5c391fb

#3 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:57 PM

Tough game against a pretty good Temple team, Temple rushed out to the big lead right away and Loyola never got it closer than 9 or so. Play Detroit Mercy tonight, i like the way the team plays, they are just missing a couple pieces, just need a good recruiting class or two. 

#4 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

Hounds picked up their second win on the season beating Hampton 75-66. Play at Towson next on 11/25. The Tigers have more talent than Loyola this year but have struggled out of the gate. Freshman Jaylin Andrews out of Boys Latin had a career high 6pts last night getting a good number of minutes in the early going. Andrew Kostecka from Clarksburg led the way with 18. 

#5 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:45 AM

Disappointing loss to Towson, the Tigers are definitely more talented top to bottom this year than the Hounds but the game was there for the taking, Kostecka dropped 30 and it wasn't enough, game was a 2 possession game with a few minutes left.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 105,293 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

Loyola beat Binghamton 83-65 today...   the Greyhounds are now 4-6.... face Maryland Tuesday night.

#7 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

As I said before I like the way that Loyola plays but they just lack the overall talent to compete right now consistently. I like Jaylin Andrews from Boys Latin, if he hits the weight room and keeps improving he could be really good, they have the Spencer kid from BL committed for next year who has been playing really well so far. They have some nice pieces if they stick together and can recruit in a few years they could compete for a Patriot League title. 

#8 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

Loyola has won two in a row in the Patriot League defeating Army and Boston U in OT last night. Andrew Kostecka continues to lead the team, they move to 2-3 in league play. Commit Cam Spencer lit up MSJ last night for 29 so he is looking like a really nice pickup for Coach Hardy and the Hounds. 

#9 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:41 AM

Hounds keep rolling, they beat Holy Cross 67-65 in overtime on the road on Saturday for their third league win in a row. Kostecka led the way again and hit the winning shot, Jaylin Andrews (Boys Latin) had a career high 12. Team is young but keeps improving, if they can bring in a few more pieces over the next year or two they could be a contender in the PL shortly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners