HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,168 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:29 AM

Burfict deserves all the spit. 

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#202 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,380 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Ryan Mink:

Marvin Lewis: "Quarterbacks don't run forever in the NFL. Sooner or later, they get hurt, and they don't run the same. But, today, he could run, and he did a good job."

This will be much of the conversation this week about Lamar Jackson.

Marvin is right.  It is really undeniable.

@mikeghg

#203 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,380 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

That shows what an outlier this is. There's got to be a reason this doesn't happen often.

Yea, they wind up having real short careers.

@mikeghg

#204 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,605 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:08 AM

On the 4th and 3 at the end of the game they should have flagged Core for a push off.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#205 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,979 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:32 PM

Pro Football Talk reporting Yanda spit on Burfict according to Coleman on 105.7.

http://www.espn.com/...vontaze-burfict

So this doesn't look like a Bill Romanowski situation.

Something definitely comes out of Yanda's mouth, but it does not appear to me as if it was intentional or directed at anybody.  It drips onto his facemask and he wipes it off.  I'd call this drooling, not spitting.  Yanda's reputation should remain intact.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#206 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,419 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

Something definitely comes out of Yanda's mouth, but it does not appear to me as if it was intentional or directed at anybody.  It drips onto his facemask and he wipes it off.  I'd call this drooling, not spitting.  Yanda's reputation should remain intact.

Could go either way.

That being said, if Burfict (of all people) felt it was some malicious, intentional thing, he would have gotten into Yanda's face and caused an issue.

He isn't sweeping that under the rug.

#207 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,380 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

Doesn't look like a spit to me.  Looks like drool.

@mikeghg

#208 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,380 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

Hey there was a laughable part of the game yesterday that had nothing to do with the players or coaches.

Justin Tucker hit the go ahead field goal and Bruce Cunningham blasts out over the PA system,  Kyle Boller kicking the 24 yard field goal to put the Ravens ahead.

@mikeghg

#209 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,605 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

Hey there was a laughable part of the game yesterday that had nothing to do with the players or coaches.

Justin Tucker hit the go ahead field goal and Bruce Cunningham blasts out over the PA system,  Kyle Boller kicking the 24 yard field goal to put the Ravens ahead.

I heard that too.

A friend was trolling me saying "Lamar Boller" after the INT. I was thinking that the guys in the announcing booth may have been saying the same thing which caused the slip up.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#210 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,380 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:56 PM

I heard that too.

A friend was trolling me saying "Lamar Boller" after the INT. I was thinking that the guys in the announcing booth may have been saying the same thing which caused the slip up.

A guy in front of me. said he did it in the Steeler game too.  I missed it if he did.

The other interesting thing to me,  is Ray Rice was one of the Ravens legends down on the field.  

@mikeghg

#211 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,192 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:32 AM

Is it just me or was Jackson finding some wide open recievers Sunday. Not that he made all the throws, but guys were getting ample separation and there was some run after the catch being done.

Wonder if that is part of keeping Jackson honest, knowing he’s a runner, are defenders worried about that, thus coverage isn’t as tight?

Andrews ws wide open on his big catch, Brown wide open after Jackson extended the play, heck, even extending plays lets guys work their way open eventually.

I feel Flacco sometimes has to put the ball in a 6 inch box. Jackson sometimes can use the whole catch radius. Which is good since he’s not as accurate a passer.
@BSLMikeRandall

#212 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

Is it just me or was Jackson finding some wide open recievers Sunday. Not that he made all the throws, but guys were getting ample separation and there was some run after the catch being done.

Wonder if that is part of keeping Jackson honest, knowing he’s a runner, are defenders worried about that, thus coverage isn’t as tight?

Andrews ws wide open on his big catch, Brown wide open after Jackson extended the play, heck, even extending plays lets guys work their way open eventually.

I feel Flacco sometimes has to put the ball in a 6 inch box. Jackson sometimes can use the whole catch radius. Which is good since he’s not as accurate a passer.

Bengals started stacking the box. With Flacco they know hes passing 40+ times and drop into their cover 2.

If I'm Oakland. I'm mush-rushing Jackson with 8 in the box. I'm making him beat me with his arm. It should naturally open up passing lanes.

#213 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

I saw that too, Mike.  And if I'm not mistaken, I don't remember any receiver dropping one of his throws either.  I've been holding on to this theory for years that Flacco's passes are tough to catch for whatever reason.  Like with a young Mike Vick, defenses just can't play one particular way to defend Jackson.  Logically, you could say they should stuff the box and force him to beat them with his arm but he's so quick to the edge that even taking that approach doesn't necessarily guarantee stopping him.  And if he gets to the 2nd level and no one's there, you're in deep shit.  He just creates a host of problems.  And if he does evolve into a decent passer, he'll be a nightmare for DC's.  

#214 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,380 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

Yea, I think there is something to what you noticed.  I think the backers and deep guys have to keep their eyes into the backfield.  Andrews made a great play coming back and to an open spot on his catch..  Brown did like wise.  Crabtree and Hurst each had similar plays but did not get the ball.  

@mikeghg

#215 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,979 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

I think a big part of the receivers being so open was because we were playing the Bengals horrendous defense (32nd in yards, 31st in points).

Fortunately, for Lamar or Joe, we play almost exclusively against terrible defenses the rest of the way.  We play the 26th, 29th, 30th, 28th, 14th, and 31st ranked defenses in terms of yards/game the rest of the season.  30th, 29th, 28th, 32nd, 7th, and 24th in points.

#216 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:48 PM

I think a big part of the receivers being so open was because we were playing the Bengals horrendous defense (32nd in yards, 31st in points).

Fortunately, for Lamar or Joe, we play almost exclusively against terrible defenses the rest of the way.  We play the 26th, 29th, 30th, 28th, 14th, and 31st ranked defenses in terms of yards/game the rest of the season.  30th, 29th, 28th, 32nd, 7th, and 24th in points.

And even the ones that are ranked higher have had their issues.  I can't think of one defense that would scare anyone. 

#217 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,605 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

The Bears are probably as close as it gets but I agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners